iPods. Over priced?

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

Are iPods over priced?

Yes
63%
No
19%
Who cares, I'm a rich a$$hole
19%

Total votes: 16
gtaca2005

iPods. Over priced?

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:42 am

I love the idea and the functionality of the iPod, but I just think that iPods and all "i" products are over priced for what they do. You could just buy a Sansa mp3 player and a PSP for videos and still have left-over cash over buying a Video iPod. What do you think?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:51 am

A Creative Zen Vision does the same thing for $50 less, and it has an FM tuner/recorder, and a voice recorder.
kennysgirll

Postby kennysgirll » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:36 am

I don't think they're overpriced... they do allot (especially vidio ipods) I use myne ALL the time... way worth 300 bucks
:gaykenny: Cool, :assface: Kick Ass, :zombiekenny: Sweet, :unhoodedkenny: Hot, :frozenkenny: .... Timmy! :timmy:
kimmyfouge6

Postby kimmyfouge6 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:34 am

I currently have a 30GB video iPod and over 10GB of music files, not counting video files, saved on it. I listen to it almost (if not) every day, and it's a lot more convenient than carrying a clunky CD player and a case full of CDs around with me.

The flip side is that iPods aren't exactly durable for their price. I had my first video iPod for less than three months before it inexplicably broke down (i.e. I got the "sad face" icon on the screen and had to send it back to Apple to be replaced). To this day, I don't know what I did wrong. I've also heard complaints about how easily iPods scratch and how hard they are to keep clean, so I'm really anal about keeping mine in its case.

In a worst case scenario, I like the fact that there are a lot more accessories available and more technical support for iPods, as opposed to other MP3 players (since more people own them). For the most part, the pros and functionality outweigh the cons, so I picked the "no" option above.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:52 am

I can't afford one. Therefore they are overpriced.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:48 am

kimmyfouge6 wrote:I currently have a 30GB video iPod and over 10GB of music files, not counting video files, saved on it. I listen to it almost (if not) every day, and it's a lot more convenient than carrying a clunky CD player and a case full of CDs around with me.

The flip side is that iPods aren't exactly durable for their price. I had my first video iPod for less than three months before it inexplicably broke down (i.e. I got the "sad face" icon on the screen and had to send it back to Apple to be replaced). To this day, I don't know what I did wrong. I've also heard complaints about how easily iPods scratch and how hard they are to keep clean, so I'm really anal about keeping mine in its case.

In a worst case scenario, I like the fact that there are a lot more accessories available and more technical support for iPods, as opposed to other MP3 players (since more people own them). For the most part, the pros and functionality outweigh the cons, so I picked the "no" option above.

You said 'anal'.
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:21 pm

iPods are overpriced and overrated. I have a creative nomad that does the same stuff and it cost me almost half the price of an iPod. AND I don't have to use iTunes, I can use any media player I want with it.
--------------------

Thrawny
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:15 pm

I don't own an iPod, but I was putting music on one for someone and and used iTunes, then I was going to put some more music on it, and it said it needs to sync the library and it will delete all the songs on the iPod to do it. Now thats retarded, I could put on and take of songs a Sansa m40 just like moving files on and off a removable device. When did that with the iPod, the music was on the iPod, but only the file, it could not be listend to. And you must keep all the songs on your computer, or songs will be deleted off your iPod when you sync. So if you don't have a big hard drive, that kinda sucks. I'm staying with my PSP for everything, games, movies, music, and internet.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:33 am

Of course they're overpriced. Anything Apple makes is overpriced. They've got to recoup the cost of their annoying "trendy" advertisements.

Plus iPods suck because you can only play either whole albums/playlists or set it to shuffle through the whole playlist (just like that sh*t player iTunes). You can't just scroll through your collection and que up a individual song to play next. (Basically, I want my player to function like WinAmp.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:39 am

Theres two things in this world that I just don't like that everyone els seems to love, Myspace and iPods. How retarded, capital P instead of i. :x
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:29 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Theres two things in this world that I just don't like that everyone els seems to love, Myspace and iPods. How retarded, capital P instead of i. :x

I'm right there with you.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:07 am

I think that most iProducts are over priced for the function, but a regular iPod is about fair. I have one. I couldn't live without it! School last year would've been murder...Hooray for rich grandparents that live in California!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:25 pm

That iPhone thing is starrting to piss me off. Blaah this, blaah that, all on your iPhone...... your $500.00 iRipoff iPhone.

I figured out why the i in iPod is small, because Apple thinks that the "i" represents YOU, the buyer, and to them, you are a "small" nobody willing to pay upwards of $200.00 dollars for the same functionallity as a $70.00 Mp3 player.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:54 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:That iPhone thing is starrting to piss me off. Blaah this, blaah that, all on your iPhone...... your $500.00 iRipoff iPhone.

One thing you should understand about the iPhone is that *apparently* Apple is not subsidizing the iPhone through contracts, which is the standard in the industry. I got a phone for $50 with a contract, alone it's sold for closer to $300. (So if anyone is gouging you for this, it's probably AT&T.)

I am not claiming the iPhone is cheap (it's definitely not!), but it's meant more like an all-in-one phone, ipod, and computer. Also, I don't know if you've looked at smartphones (especially without contract subsidies) but they can be REALLY expensive.

Even if you don't have or want an iPhone, consider that at-least it might convince other phone manufacturers to work on some of the aspects of their phones that could really use it (i.e., the built in browsers that suck. Use Opera Mini, folks.)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:49 pm

Well I agree with the all in one concept and it's web browser, but to sell it for $500.00? Seems like a Black berry can do all that. I'm just saying that Apple thinks that iProducts are the best and deserve to be high priced just because they carry the letter "i" before them.

Return to “Polls”