Do you believe in global warming?

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

Do you believe in Global Warming?

Yes I do. Everything's getting warmer, from the glaciers around the poles to the Caribbean.
50%
Yes I do, but I believe it's man-made, from the technology we use to the increasing world population.
No votes
I believe in climate change. Global warming is just the biggest aspect of it, but some winters are colder than they used to be.
50%
I don't believe in it. It's just a big scam to shake more money out of us, and the science just doesn't support it.
No votes

Total votes: 2
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:31 am

I thought it'd allready been pretty much prooven to one and all that Global warming was happening; you don't need a scientist to tell you, just look outside and try to remember the last day it snowed. Unless you live in South Park, that day was probably last milenium.
But who's to blame for the damage already inflicted upon the planet and how best to avoid doing more damage (the stuff all the politicians rattle on about) isn't really what we should be worrying about right now; we should be thinking of ways to either reverse the effects of the more developed nations industrialisation two centurys ago (which caused the majority of the damage) and of the current developments of poorer nations (which are nescicary for the people that live there to escape the poverty they're currently trapped in & to finaly pull the umbilical cord of dependance from their ex-colonial masters), or find some way to adapt to the changes we've brought about.
I say we plant some more trees. A practical and asteticly pleasing way of reducing atmospheric carbon dioxide levels and increasing global oxygen.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:50 am

Exactly. The vast majority of scientists and higher ups (even ultra conservative ones..) believe in Global Warming to be a fact. We are wasting time arguing whether this is real or not.. we need accept this as fact and move in the right direction.. because as I said, even if we are wrong about this, there is no harm in trying to improve.

Also it must be noted global warming is not drastic changes each year, but rather, a gradual increase in global climate, which is why it is commonly referred to as climate change.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:48 am

Oh! OH! I've just had a great idea for all you folk that think global warming's cyclical. As we all know, the majority of CO2 comes from volcanoes so how about we... put catalytic convertors on all lava cones around the world! Then these pesky natural cycles'd stop forever! Or maybee we could put something in the sea so it'd absord CO2 better. Sure, it'd probbably change the PH of the water and make it like battery acid for the fish, but we have more important things to worry about, like stopping poor people building factories so they can having enough money to live off of! We can't have these third world types industrialising, then who'd we have to be thankfull we're not- people from Detroit (SP REFERENCE! No offence to Detrotians!).
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:58 am

I like the plant a tree idea better :wink:
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:10 am

Craig-and-Clyde wrote:I like the plant a tree idea better :wink:

Yeah, plant trees. Not only do they help with the carbon dioxide levels, but many trees would make your yard more attractive.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:54 am

Just don't plant any ficus trees in the front yard - they'll f*ck up your sidewalk after 10, 15 years.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:48 pm

SuperMaids wrote:Oh! OH! I've just had a great idea for all you folk that think global warming's cyclical. As we all know, the majority of CO2 comes from volcanoes so how about we... put catalytic convertors on all lava cones around the world!

And we all know that carbon dioxide from natural sources like volcanoes and wildfires has remained constant throughout the industrial revolution. Anthropogenic sources of carbon dioxide, however, have skyrocketed over the same time period.

You read it! You can't unread it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:07 pm

...We could combat pollution by installing an Oreck Air Purifier on every billboard in major cities. It'll not only clean the air, but it'll ionize it too.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:08 pm

I say global warming is a fact. I also say it will take care of itself. We don't have much of an impact on it except in the elimination of vast forests that once took in all the carbon dioxide animals produce.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:05 am

The only problem is that global warming will "take care of itself" by expending the energy in some way, usually in the form of more severe storms or more erratic and unpredictable weather patterns. By the same reasoning, the problem of pollution could be said to take care of itself, in that contaminants in the environment will lead to sterility and birth defects, thereby reducing human reproduction and the number of potential polluters in the long run.

Or we could just do something ourselves about the portion of carbon dioxide humans contribute, and let the rest take care of itself.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:33 am

I say we replace all the Hallmark holidays with additional Arbor days. That way we have more wood instead of less.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:04 am

I don't know if the Oreck air purifire idea was a joke or not, but I can see some sort of HUGE air purifing thing on all corporate buildings and large residentional buildings next to there exaust and air-conditioning systems, also something to clean the air BEFORE it comes out of the exaust, like a filter on top of the exaust fans. If every rich and major company did this, it would really help. GE can even be contracted by companies to make a product that can fit over existing exaust systems on roofs of buildings. Then the cities can make an air purifier on every major intersection, thats where cars stop and release alot of emmisions at. I think that even if global warming isn't our fault, we cn stiil help to take control of it and make our cities cleaner.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:26 am

Meh
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:59 am

Well, yeah it was. However, I recently saw an episode of Build it Bigger on Discovery Channel and there's this one building that's being built that recycles outside air through their HVAC system or something, and it comes out cleaner than when it went in. :? It also recycles waste water from sinks for irrigation of all the planters.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:26 am

BRMBug wrote:Well, yeah it was. However, I recently saw an episode of Build it Bigger on Discovery Channel and there's this one building that's being built that recycles outside air through their HVAC system or something, and it comes out cleaner than when it went in. :? It also recycles waste water from sinks for irrigation of all the planters.

Thats where the idea came from. :D
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Return to “Polls”