Douchiest Organization in the Universe

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

Westboro Baptist Church
30%
U.S. Congress
3%
Parents Television Council
43%
Federal Communications Commission
20%
Focus on the Family
3%

Total votes: 30
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:35 am

Vote or Die!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:14 pm

Westboro Baptist Church. Douchiest douches ever.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:43 am

Westboro Baptist. Always them, always.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:17 am

The FCC. The most unconstitutional organization in the world.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:28 am

Actually, I don't know enough about any of them to say.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:19 am

[quote="BRMBug":652e9]Actually, I don't know enough about any of them to say.[/quote:652e9]

[b:652e9]Westboro Baptist Church[/b:652e9] - for having Fred Phelps as its leader. It runs the websites GodHatesFags.com, GodHatesAmerica.com and others. The organization is monitored by the Anti-Defamation League, and is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

[b:652e9]U.S. Congress[/b:652e9] - for sucking even more after the Democratic takeover. Its approval rating is lower than Bush's.

[b:652e9]Parents Television Council[/b:652e9] - a US-based self-proclaimed nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose stated goal is to "promote and restore responsibility to the entertainment industry." Its campaigns include cable choice which allows subscribers to select and pay for only those channels they watch, holding advertisers accountable for the television programs their ads support, and trying to protect children from television content they find "harmful and negative."

[b:652e9]Federal Communications Commission[/b:652e9] - On the issue of broadcast indecency, the FCC has taken heat from conservatives and family-oriented groups for not sufficiently censoring and restricting sexually explicit and violent material to which the groups believe children should not be exposed (a Family Viewing Hour was instituted in the 1970s and then discontinued).

In the actions taken against broadcasters, the FCC is frequently criticized for violating the First Amendment guarantee of Freedom of Speech, both directly by censorship and enforcement action sometimes alleged to be politically motivated, and indirectly by the general intimidation that FCC action allegedly creates, particularly with the U.S. Congress considering multiplying fines exponentially.

[b:652e9]Focus on the Family[/b:652e9] - Dobson and his associates have become more politically active, and are regarded as a major voice in the Christian right, promoting socially conservative policies. Recently it began publishing a new political magazine called Citizen which addresses political concerns, especially on issues where current public policies are seen as threatening to conservative families.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
soulsforsale5s

Postby soulsforsale5s » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:57 pm

The Westboro Baptist Church also protests soldiers funerals with signs (festive colored signs at that) that say "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"

Here is the list of shows that the Parents Television Council wants to ban, in spite of the V-Chip we gave them: (note: some of these shows may not air anymore, but when they did: PTC wanted them off)

ACCORDING TO JIM
ALIAS
AMERICAN DAD
AMERICAN HEIRESS
AMERICAS MOST WANTED
AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL CYCLE SEVEN
ANGEL
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT
BIG BROTHER 7: ALL STARS
BIG BROTHER 8
BLUE COLLAR TV
BONES
BOSTON LEGAL
BOSTON PUBLIC
BRAT CAMP
BROTHERS & SISTERS
C.S.I.
C.S.I.: MIAMI
C.S.I.: NY
CHARMED
CLOSE TO HOME
COLD CASE
COMMITTED
CONVICTION
COPS
COUPLING
CREATURE COMFORTS
CRIMINAL MINDS
CROSSING JORDAN
CRUMBS
CUTS
DESIRE
DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
DR. VEGAS
ER
EXTREME MAKEOVER
FAMILY GUY
FEAR FACTOR
FREDDIE
FREE RIDE
FRIENDS
GIRLFRIENDS
GOOD MORNING, MIAMI
GREEK (ABC)
GREY'S ANATOMY
HACK
HALF AND HALF
HELL'S KITCHEN
HELL'S KITCHEN 2
HEROES
HIDDEN PALMS
HOT PROPERTIES
HOUSE
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
HOW TO GET THE GUY
I'M STILL ALIVE
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
IN JUSTICE
IT'S ALL RELATIVE
JUDGING AMY
JUST SHOOT ME
LAS VEGAS
LAST COMIC STANDING
LAW & ORDER
LAW & ORDER TRIAL BY JURY
LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT
LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT
LIFE AS WE KNOW IT
LINE OF FIRE
LIVING WITH FRAN
LOST
LOVE, INC.
MEDIUM
MODERN MEN
NAVY NCIS
NCIS
NIGHT STALKER
NIP/TUCK
NORTH SHORE
NYPD BLUE
ONE ON ONE
ONE TREE HILL
PEPPER DENNIS
PRISON BREAK
PUSSYCAT DOLLS
RAINES
RESCUE ME
REUNION
ROCK ME BABY
ROOM RAIDERS
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
RUN OF THE HOUSE
SEX AND THE CITY
SEX, LOVE & SECRETS
SHARK
SKIN
SOUTH BEACH
SOUTH PARK
STACKED
STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP
SUPERNATURAL
SURVIVOR ALL STARS
SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS
TEACHERS
THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE
THAT 70S SHOW
THE BEDFORD DIARIES
THE BIGGEST LOSER
THE BLACK DONNELLYS
THE BOOK OF DANIEL
THE EVIDENCE
THE GAME
THE GUARDIAN
THE HANDLER
THE INSIDE
THE JAMIE KENNEDY EXPERIMENT
THE LOOP
THE NINE
THE OC
THE PRACTICE
THE RESTAURANT
THE SHIELD
THE SURREAL LIFE
THE UNIT
THE WAR AT HOME
THE WEDDING BELLS
THE WINNER
THIRD WATCH
THRESHOLD
TIL DEATH
TRU CALLING
TWENTY FOUR
TWINS
TWO AND A HALF MEN
UGLY BETTY
UNANIMOUS
VERONICA MARS
WHAT ABOUT BRIAN
WHOOPI
WILL AND GRACE
WINDFALL
WITHOUT A TRACE
"If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, set them on fire."
- George Carlin
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:41 am

Where do you find all these douches Will?
Oh, that's right, in America.
Sorry to say that I've never heard of the WBC, despite having seen more than enough of their campaigns to know what pains they must be if you live in the nation they can effect policy in; however, across the pond they just seem like a comedy troup, with their unmatched idioticy in the slogan department (Gd hates everything, they don't have to point out the obvious!) and real life acts of trolling.
So I'm gonna have to go with one of the groups that actually effect me; Focus on the Family and the PTC, both of which could get any number of great US shows killed. While neither is the douciest group in the universe (that stinky honour is reserved for the Childcare action programme, website to be found here http://www.capalert.com/) I'll go for the more Christian of the two.
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:11 am

I would go with the Parents Television Council, but Westboro beats them by a long shot. Then again, if PeTA was on the list, oh-ho-ho-ho!
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
ClydesGirl

Postby ClydesGirl » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:22 am

Parents Television Council. Hello, Free Speach?
candies

Postby candies » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:51 am

Parents Television Council has nominated for " Being the most Douce in the Universe".
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Re: Douchiest Organization in the Universe

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:47 am

Parents Television Council
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:44 pm

The Parent's Television Canada rivals Mothers Against Canada in terms of douchiness!! South Park should blast them first thing next season.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:40 am

I'd have to go with the PTC. Westboro Baptist 'church' is pretty stupid, but isn't there only about 60 'members', mostly family of the leader f*cktard?

The PTC is pointless; you can't shield kids from finding out about profanity and violence forever. Hell, most of them learn all of it by Middle school, like it or not. Overprotective parents just can't seem to get that through their thick heads.

:roll:
._.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:10 am

sh*t! I might have trouble voting for this one mainly because you can only pick one...I donno, I just kinda think they all suck. I'll probably go with the Westboro Baptist, mainly because I have many things against organized religion in general. I think it connects to all of the other listed organizations, because to me it serves as a symbol of unneeded control over people's lives, telling them how to live, how to act, what to see, watch, or read, what to say and what not to say, and let's not forget the scare tactics to ensure people don't fall out of line. They don't call it "One Nation Under God" for nothing, after all.

I think censorship organizations like the FCC, who I'd put in second on the vote list, have some kind of religious influence. I mean, who else would get so frigging antsy over some small profanity or reference to something they didn't like or considered "wrong"? Lots of the "angry moms" who complain about unwanted content are probably overly religious people who think the smallest things are inappropriate, like a tiny bit of violence, and shouldn't be viewed by anyone simply because they don't like it, even though such things are, in fact, very true to life, especially when their kids get drafted into some retarded war against the Middle-Easterners years later when they become of legal age. Speaking of that, aren't those retarded "unholy wars" OR-influenced? Needless to say, in this world, there is no such thing as "eternal innocence".

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against spirituality, but I'm sure that if Jesus was alive and here today, he'd probably have trouble sleeping at night seeing what those corrupt assh*les have turned the faith into, essentially a remote control for people. You change the channel, you change their minds.

...wow, holey sh*t, this post ended up being a lot bigger than I thought. XD Hope I don't sound like KtS. :o
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Return to “Polls”