Favorite South Park Mom

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

Who is your favorite South Park Mother?

Sharon Marsh (Stan's Mother)
23%
Shelia Broflovski (Kyle's Mother)
12%
Liane Cartman (Cartman's Mother) (well? She's the only woman figure he has anyway and he calls her "mom")
36%
Carol McCormick (Kenny's Mother)
12%
Linda Stotch (Butters' Mother)
14%
Others: Ones I didn't say. (Maybe? Tweaks' Mother, Mr.Garrison's Mother, please explain below)
4%

Total votes: 95
Hayley B

Favorite South Park Mom

Postby Hayley B » Fri May 02, 2008 8:03 pm

By thinking of Mother's day coming up and along with South Park together. I thought it would be fun to ask, what is your favorite Mother from South Park and please explain why.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
A Little Overboard

Re: Favorite South Park Mom

Postby A Little Overboard » Fri May 02, 2008 8:08 pm

I like Stan's mom becuase instead of over pro-tecting him and making him insecure, or spoiling him like cartman's, or being a bigot like kyle's, she just sticks out for whats best for him and her family :wink:
C? care about your feelings just as much u do mine. :P
vampswillreignagain

Postby vampswillreignagain » Fri May 02, 2008 8:32 pm

yeah, stan's mom is pretty cool. but i also picked ms. stoch, cause even though she tried to kill her son, she still loves him, and she shows it way more than her husband does
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri May 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Great topic!

I would choose Butters' mom simply because her performance in "Butters Very Own Episode" was awesome. The woman who played her at the time (as well as most of the female characters) is a very talented voice actress IMO
vampswillreignagain

Postby vampswillreignagain » Fri May 02, 2008 10:02 pm

yeah, but too bad mary kay bergman (the lady that did most of the female voices) commited suicide in 2000
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri May 02, 2008 10:08 pm

vampswillreignagain wrote:yeah, but too bad mary kay bergman (the lady that did most of the female voices) commited suicide in 2000

I agree; it's so sad. But in terms of the show, Eliza Schneider was brilliant as her replacement. She hasn't done voice work for the show for a number of seasons now.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sat May 03, 2008 2:50 am

I voted for Kyle's Mother & Cartman's Mother. Just because I think theses two ladies can be surprisely funny. I don't know what there are going to do or say sometimes and I just get a kick out of them.

But, if I looked at the poll seriously as into what I would like as a mother. I would had gone with Stan's mother. She seems the most real, to me.
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Sat May 03, 2008 11:07 am

I voted for both Sharon and Liane. Sharon is simply the most reasonable and normal out of the boy's parents and I just like Liane, even though she isn't quite the person that should have kids. I don't really dislike any of the other mothers, not even Sheila Broflovski, who hasn't done anything in ages anyway.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Sat May 03, 2008 1:45 pm

I like Sharon, even though she doesn't really get that many big scenes.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun May 04, 2008 5:07 am

I'm torn between Sharon and Liane, so I chose both.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu May 08, 2008 9:30 pm

vampswillreignagain wrote:yeah, but too bad mary kay bergman (the lady that did most of the female voices) commited suicide in 2000

I believe that was in 1999; same year the movie came out.

Hayley B wrote:Carol McCormick (Kenny's Mother)

Woah, wait a minute. Where did you get this name from? Kenny's mom has never been referred to by her first name in an episode. At least to the extent of my vast South Park knowledge.

Sharon Marsh does address Kyle's mom as "Carol" way back in episode 106, but I've never heard the name applied to Mrs. McCormick before.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu May 08, 2008 10:28 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
vampswillreignagain wrote:
Hayley B wrote:Carol McCormick (Kenny's Mother)

Woah, wait a minute. Where did you get this name from? Kenny's mom has never been referred to by her first name in an episode. At least to the extent of my vast South Park knowledge.

Sharon Marsh does address Kyle's mom as "Carol" way back in episode 106, but I've never heard the name applied to Mrs. McCormick before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_McCormick

There saying it might be in "Cripple Fight", where you will hear it.
Delilah

Postby Delilah » Sun May 11, 2008 12:01 am

Definitely Liane. She's just so friggin' hilarious. My second favorite would be Shelia, though, 'cause she can be pretty funny too.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sun May 11, 2008 12:33 am

Delilah wrote:Definitely Liane. She's just so friggin' hilarious. My second favorite would be Shelia, though, 'cause she can be pretty funny too.

For the same reason that I like theses two ladies too. :)
jonholb56

Postby jonholb56 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:25 pm

I voted for three different moms in the poll; Sharon Marsh, Sheila Broflovski, and Linda Stotch. The reason that I chose these three is that in different episodes, they illustrated the difficulties of being responsible parents. I feel somewhat for Liane Cartman in her particular situation; she is a single mother with low morals and dysfunctional. This explains Eric's manipulative character and hostility towards his friends, especially Kyle Broflovski.

Return to “Polls”