best comedy cartoon other than south park?

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

the simpsons
30%
family guy
44%
american dad
2%
futurama
23%

Total votes: 43
K. C. T. B

Postby K. C. T. B » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:31 pm

which of these are your favourites.
I love cheese
Quintuplets_Father

Re: best comedy cartoon other than south park?

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:42 am

I voted for Futurama, but i have to mention i was totally disappointed by last Futurama movies: Bender's Big Score (2007) and The Beast with a Billion Backs (2008). I can only express my true feeling about them in private.. also only to closer friends.. :assface: ..just bad... poor topics choices, poor lines.. as if they were written by totally other people.. for totally other kind of audience, an audience that requires methaphors made explicit.. :timmy: and who didn't watch the series :wink:

The series will stay forever in my heart..
Last edited by Quintuplets_Father on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and btw: i broke the dam...
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:14 am

I went with Family Guy. After South Park. Family Guy becomes a 2nd loveable laughter cartoon show for me. Then it would be The Simpsons. I still love The Simpsons and if it was my way they would be on the air forever as long as I am alive.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:26 am

even though i havent liked them as mugh since the 9th or 10th season cause the episodes are not as awesome as they once were, im going with the simpsons, it was the best f*cking sh*t for 8 years
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:19 am

Futurama
Freddy Fittler

Postby Freddy Fittler » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:37 am

None of those listed above....i like King Of The Hill
"You like bear mace,icehead?"

"A haiku is just like a normal American poem except it doesn't rhyme and it's totally stupid."

"Oh no! Not Santa's balls!"

"Dammit, monster, I ain't givin you no treefiddy."
soong

Postby soong » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:12 am

American dad is not bad what.. haven you guys watched it b4?
may driving down the wrong side of the road lead you to the right path
Squirrel245

Postby Squirrel245 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:38 pm

I voted Futurama... but only because Metalocalypse wasn't an option. :P
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Metalocalypse is good, but I really like Venture Bros. It's well written and well put together considering their budget and crew size.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Of the four I'd say Futurama but only because I find FG utterly unfunny, the simpsons plain boring, American Dad dillute when it comes to plot and a bit too predictably random.

As for what I'd have chosen if the list wasn't so restricted; perhaps it'd be Spongebob Squarepants. Pretty different from South Park, but it keeps me ammused by being random but still having fairly consistant charactars, my favourite trait in old school SP which the show is sadly leeching out nowdays :(

If we're allowed anime, I'd say my favourite are slice of life pieces like "Welcome to the NHK" which show cultural differences and are a lot more believable and as such effective at drama and humour than more extreme/fantastic cartoons. In fact WttNHK is probably my favourite japanise cartoon, i recomend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Spiderman the cartoon seriese was my favourite show as a kid but I'm unsure weather I'd still like it having seen it last five years back. I've been getting back into some of the classic Hannah Babera and loony tunes cartoons as well but their conversly calming effects don't help them stand out. What does stand out is Metapocylipse in Adult Swim, which is the third of my favourite non-SP cartoons.

If I want drama mixed seemlessly with comedy, I'd go NHK; If I want to calm down and cheer myself up I'd go with spongebob; if I want chaos, death and destruction with a musical twist I'd go for Metapocylipse. If I can't choose either of them I'd go Futurama XD
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
cartman04

Postby cartman04 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Freddy Fittler wrote:i like King Of The Hill

me to, but i voted for family guy.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:48 pm

I honestly can't decide. I like them all for different reasons (except American Dad - I've never watched it.) They've all (including KOTH) had some really outstandingly funny episodes. I love Bender and Zoidberg, Dale and Boomhauer, Smithers and Burns, and Stewie and Brian.

If I had to choose, I would say the Simpsons only because of their legacy. It's been on forever and the original cast is still intact. Even though it's not as great as it once was, the show is iconic.
Duofan

Postby Duofan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:04 pm

I had to choose Family Guy because it is a good series. But I 'd rather you list Cartoon that are the same caliber as South Park.

I was surprised when I didn't see Drawn Together considering the jokes are even " worse " than South Park.

I laughed when they trashed South Park in one of their episodes.
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:37 am

My best comedy cartoon vote other than south park was not listed. I like the 1958-1960 Trans Lux version of Felix the Cat. Second would be the 1960's Flintstones. That is my vote. (Note: Available on DVD and some on iTunes).

I am also adding the 1960's GIGANTOR cartoon show (99 cents at the 99 cent store).
Last edited by BigCamera4892 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Ren and Stimpy wasn't on the list so I chose Futurama.
Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!

Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonaisse.

Return to “Polls”