Do You Want to See Pip Back?

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

Should

Yes, Pip should be brought back as a character!
45%
Maybe, but only for a cameo appearance.
24%
No, Pip should stay dead.
31%

Total votes: 71
mario88

Re: Do You Want to See Pip Back?

Postby mario88 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:18 am

I don't see the point of this discussion to be honest. As far as I know, characters in South Park do not come back from death, with the exception of kenny of course. so what makes you think Pip could be resurrected? :|
He is the record!
Bunny Style

Postby Bunny Style » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:08 am

mario88 wrote:I don't see the point of this discussion to be honest. As far as I know, characters in South Park do not come back from death, with the exception of kenny of course. so what makes you think Pip could be resurrected? :|
That's a lie! Clyde's mother was resurrected despite being killed by Clyde not putting down the toilet seat! Jesus Christ in the series came back to life after he had Kyle murder him! Terrance and Phillip came back to life in the movie after being killed! Chef technically came back to life after dying!
ImageImageImage
Last edited by Bunny Style on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:42 am

mario88 wrote:I don't see the point of this discussion to be honest. As far as I know, characters in South Park do not come back from death, with the exception of kenny of course. so what makes you think Pip could be resurrected? :|
I'd love to see Pip back for an episode but in spirit form or something.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 am

Bunny Style wrote:That's a lie! Clyde's mother was resurrected despite being killed by Clyde not putting down the toilet seat!
When did that happen?
Bunny Style wrote:Jesus Christ in the series came back to life after he had Kyle murder him! Terrance and Phillip came back to life in the movie after being killed! Chef technically came back to life after dying!
Jesus' power is that of resurrection, so of course he's gonna come back to life. :P
Terrance and Phillip came back to life with everyone else who died in the movie, thanks to Kenny asking Satan to bring them all back.
The Super Adventure Club brought Chef back to life, but not as Chef.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Bunny Style

Postby Bunny Style » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Bunny Style wrote:That's a lie! Clyde's mother was resurrected despite being killed by Clyde not putting down the toilet seat!
When did that happen?

Clyde's mom (Betsy Donovan) makes a cameo in Jewpacabra at the egg hunt, this takes place after reverse cowgirl :3
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:58 am

If that's the only time she came back, there's a simpler explanation for it - "Jewpacabra" was started first, but was set aside because some new graphics (all the scenes in ancient Egypt, for example) had to be made for the episode, and "Reverse Cowgirl" aired first. If "Jewpacabra" had aired first, Betsy would be in it before dying in "Reverse Cowgirl," but then the question becomes, why weren't she and Roger together in "Jewpacabra"? You see both of them independently, but not together. And why was her face not shown in "Jewpacabra"?

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Bunny Style

Postby Bunny Style » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:23 am

Big-Will wrote:why weren't she and Roger together in "Jewpacabra"? You see both of them independently, but not together. And why was her face not shown in "Jewpacabra"?
Does she have to be? Does her face not showing automatically mean its not her? :(

I've read she also appeared in the more recent episode "You're not Yelping" as a cameo appearance. Haven't looked yet though.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:37 am

one thing i can tell for sure: i would respect the authors of south park a bit less if pip came back to life. they usually mock directors who don't respect a coherent story structure, they would do the same if pip was resurrected. so far there has always been a solid, well explained and coherent reason for each "resurrection". there would be none for pip.
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:40 am

Bunny Style wrote:
Big-Will wrote:why weren't she and Roger together in "Jewpacabra"? You see both of them independently, but not together. And why was her face not shown in "Jewpacabra"?
Does she have to be? Does her face not showing automatically mean its not her? :(
If they had split up or divorced, I would expect her to be by herself at the park. Still no reason for her face to stay hidden unless she were in fact already dead, and the person in the park is supposed to be just another woman, a newcomer in town.
Bunny Style wrote:I've read she also appeared in the more recent episode "You're not Yelping" as a cameo appearance. Haven't looked yet though.
Just checked - I didn't find her in it.

Bunny Style

Postby Bunny Style » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:44 am

Big-Will wrote:
Bunny Style wrote:
If they had split up or divorced, I would expect her to be by herself at the park. Still no reason for her face to stay hidden unless she were in fact already dead, and the person in the park is supposed to be just another woman, a newcomer in town.
But...but her clothes and hairstyle is exactly the same v(ಥ ̯ ಥ)v
M-Maybe it got crowded and everyone pushed and shoved so they weren't able to stand together! ┐(‘~`;)┌

Why do you hate Pippy ever returning so much? (◕︵◕) He's unique (*´д`*)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:14 am

Heidi Turner, Karen McCormick, and Marcy all had the same character design, doesn't mean they were ever the same person. :P

Bunny Style

Postby Bunny Style » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:57 am

Big-Will wrote:Heidi Turner, Karen McCormick, and Marcy all had the same character design, doesn't mean they were ever the same person. :P
But-but Kenny's younger sister is smaller and always dirty! D:

But it even confirms Marcy was renamed to Heidi! T_T
http://wiki.southpark.cc.com/wiki/Heidi_Turner

The same thing happened with Lisa Berger too!!! D:
http://wiki.southpark.cc.com/wiki/Lisa_Berger

Pip must live on! D: D: D:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:11 am

Bunny Style wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Heidi Turner, Karen McCormick, and Marcy all had the same character design, doesn't mean they were ever the same person. :P
But it even confirms Marcy was renamed to Heidi! T_T
http://wiki.southpark.cc.com/wiki/Heidi_Turner
It's also pointed out there that she had different sets of parents throughout the show's run, so this is not a mere case of renaming. Thus, Marcy and Heidi are two unique, different girls. But to avoid confusion, they're put together on the same page. Also, Marcy didn't have a last name when she appeared in Season 4, and nor did her parents. "Turner" cannot be applied to them retroactively.
Bunny Style wrote:The same thing happened with Lisa Berger too!!! D:
http://wiki.southpark.cc.com/wiki/Lisa_Berger
Dunno what Trey was thinking there, since they appeared one year apart, with vastly different personalities. At least Heidi appeared five years after Marcy did. Still, Lorraine and Lisa are... two unique, different girls. But to avoid confusion, they're put together on the same page.

Would you accept Pip if he came back under a different name? Wouldn't that take away from his uniqueness?

zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:29 am

Lot's of off-topic in this thread, that is, non "Pip" related :P
Big-Will wrote:Would you accept Pip if he came back under a different name? Wouldn't that take away from his uniqueness?
I would like to see Pip make another appearance in Season 21, with no explanation given by M&T or by the storyline of Season 21. Pip just returns as if Episodes 200/201 never existed. Then by the end of 21, kill him off again 8)

That will, of course, leave the option to bring him back yet again in Season 22 :mrgreen:
mario88

Postby mario88 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:58 pm

just out of sheer curiosity, why some of you are so interested in seeing Pip agin? I mean, maybe i missed it, but i don't see such a thread for a much more relevant character like Chef was.

maybe even miss Crabtree at this point would deserve a "please raise from the dead" thread. :mrgreen:
He is the record!

Return to “Polls”