Need written permission from South Park Studios for use of protected material on custom clothing

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

FreeBrittanyZamora

Need written permission from South Park Studios for use of protected material on custom clothing

Postby FreeBrittanyZamora » Thu May 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi all,

I apologize for posting this in General Discussion, but I have a time-sensitive question and I want to be positive that I address the appropriate authority. A custom apparel company has requested that I forward them written permission from South Park Studios in regards to two South Park images I'm including on my self-designed shirt. Since this is my first post, I'm a little wary of posting both the images and a link to the shirt, as it may seem like 1. I'm trying to advertise the custom clothing company; and 2. I don't know if new posters who include links are automatically placed in some sort queue, or worse. I will gladly post both the images and a link to my shirt if that'd be helpful. I'm very excited about the shirt and plan to add many more South Park-inspired memes to my wardrobe.

I'd really appreciate it if one of you could direct me to someone who could answer my question.

Thank you --
Paul
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Need written permission from South Park Studios for use of protected material on custom clothing

Postby Big-Will » Thu May 23, 2019 8:56 pm

FreeBrittanyZamora wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:17 pm
Hi all,

I'd really appreciate it if one of you could direct me to someone who could answer my question.

Thank you --
Paul
No one here does that, not even me. You'd have to write the corporate office in New York to get your answer.
FreeBrittanyZamora wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:17 pm
2. I don't know if new posters who include links are automatically placed in some sort queue, or worse.
I'm on the lookout for spam. If I see it in new posts, I permaban the user, since we're not looking for anyone to advertise their stuff on this board.

If the post has something to do with South Park, I'll allow it, but ask if the links are selling items without the show's permission - that would get the show's lawyers' attention.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”