The Broship is Over – Agree / Disagree

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Andrew_B

The Broship is Over – Agree / Disagree

Postby Andrew_B » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:48 am

Was the Broship story arc in South ParQ Vaccination Special commentary on Matt and Trey selling out to ViacomCBS and due to all the new content not being able to work on everything as a pair anymore?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: The Broship is Over – Agree / Disagree

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:45 am

They're still doing everything as a pair, and they're making a Season 30, but the pandemic is forcing some changes. We'll see what those are early next year.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Andrew_B

Postby Andrew_B » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:48 am

Oh dear,

Please don't tell me they are going to "Cleveland Brown" the paramount+ content and that is why the broship is over?

Damn ... I should have had that as one of my "13 Reasons Why"

@ Big-Will - On that note just curious, did any of my posts get close to the line?
I was trying to get close, was half hoping my account got deleted... now I am questioning am I just as soft and out of touch?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:36 pm

We don't delete accounts around here now that nall is gone. Even when he was here we didn't delete accounts unless the account holder requested it. The worst we can do now is permanently ban you.

On that note, we don't track the accuracy of anyone's predictions.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Andrew_B

Postby Andrew_B » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:07 am

@Big-Will

ha ha ha, you are too good for this place! In 14 Movie Length Episodes time, when I am posting “14 Reasons Why” do you know what the best part of my day will be? For about 10 seconds from when I pull up South Park Studios and get to login screen. Cause I think maybe I’ll enter my credentials and it won’t log in. Not cause I’m drunk and typing with my face, just won’t log in, no goodbye, no see ya later, no nothing, my account is just gone.

I don’t know much, but I know that.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:47 pm

I don't see the friend 'breakup' at the end of the ep as emblematic of any split between Trey and Matt. They're clearly going to continue to collaborate on the show.

Instead I see it as a jumping off place for next season's story arc where we see Stan, Kyle and Fatass each go on a journey with other friends and stuff. If you think about your own lives, did you hang with the same friends all the way thru elementary school? Or did you find yourself falling in with a new crowd at some point? I think they want to mix up their story ideas to something other than the main four boys joined at the hip. They've already been kind of doing that for a while having episodes that focus mainly on one of the four, but this friendship breakup frees them to do longer arcs with each character independent of the other boys and see where that takes them.

As for the other thing, to me they are mocking people who think the media is run by secret cabals and the funniest way to do that is to portray it as real.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Andrew_B

Postby Andrew_B » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:02 pm

@triplemultiplex

Yeah I read your review and your other comments on my take and you are 100% right. My experience with this is why it didn't land.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”