Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: The End of South Park

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:18 pm

Machinist23 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:45 am
I totally agree with you. I actually came to this forum just to make a post about this very topic. Not only has southpark went full left retard, they aren't even trying to hide it. I loved southpark because they made fun of both sides of politics. They basically polarized many different topics, made you see both points, then proceed to sh*t on both points. After the vaccination special i don't really want to watch any more new southpark. What happened to southpark? When did they decide that they have to pick a side?
Everyone was waiting for the vaccine, with the QAnon antivaccine counterpoint being shown. Garrison is returning as the 4th Grade teacher, but with some Presidential perks, as all former Presidents get. The only sides to choose in that special were promask and antimask. And 7 months later we're STILL taking sides on that one. New wrinkles have appeared - pro/anti-vaccine and pro/anti-mandate - but people still pin them to the political parties. It's not about the parties.

One thing does need to be said: Mr. White's speech about the powers that be controlling everything played directly into how the show is made, "It all comes down to two people," and then the animators get to work changing everything. :D Of course, you can't do that in the real world, but in this show, anything you believe can and will be used against you. 8)
The South Park Scriptorium
The site itself is gone, but might return.

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Andrew_B

Postby Andrew_B » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:42 am

Ha ha ha, you have a tough sell ahead of you… the trick is to say nothing and eventually most people will forget.

Vaccine - Both Biden and Trump undermined vaccine efforts when they were not in power. America has one of the lowest vaccination rates out of any first world country yet episode made it look like there was really high demand.
QAnon - QAnon is affiliated with the alt-right and according to nbcnews nearly 1 in 5 Americans believed QAnon theories at the time the episode was made so if you know 5 Americans, 1 of them is likely retarded or nbcnews is a complete load of sh*t. Actually, strike that … 1 of them likely believed in QAnon theories... not prepared to die on the how many Americans are retarded hill.

South ParQ Vaccination Special
The protagonists and main town characters are all pro-vaccine, anti-Qanon. The dead sh*t & secondary characters being the Whites, Butters and Scott Malkinson are the Qanon \ anti-vaxers.
As I said selling to everyone that this is a balanced and realistic reflection of a self-professed quiet redneck mountain town is going to be tough.

You are going to need some of this

Andrew_B

Postby Andrew_B » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:34 am

FYI - I am saying NBC is full of sh*t. Ad revenue is so scarce due to magnitudes more competition these days everyone covers issues which are "ad safe" meaning their is no corporate interest negatively impacted and the percentage of people shown in negative light is inconsequential (usually less than 1% of population) to ad revenue. This is why you see a lot of low angle photos, creative editing, cropping and lack of context to make a lot of these non issues look a lot bigger than they are.

Also possibly the whole hermaphrodite America factor.
Andrew_B

Postby Andrew_B » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:38 am

Oh, I just realized that last comment probably made no sense to most... this may help.

If M&T are still involved in writing episodes, maybe they need to have a holiday away from America’s ovaries.

I'm just saying it is a sad state of affairs when Jon Stewart on apple of all places is giving everyone a reality check.

While South Park has Trump burning a pangolin and is linking people who are against the vaccine with QAnnon, just makes it look like M&T are shilling for Pfizer. I wouldn’t be surprised if the next episode has Randy going onto Jimmy Kimmel to talk about Russian collusion.

There are enough Soy Boys spewing this rubbish already, used to watch South Park to get away from it.

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:15 am

Machinist23 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:45 am
What happened to southpark? When did they decide that they have to pick a side?
When one side lost their fucking mind.

I'll reiterate. Some think South Park has changed, and that M&T have 'lost it' politically, but it's clear to me those people are blind to how far off the deep end they themselves actually are. "Vaccines work" and "baseless internet conspiracies are full of shit" are not extremist left positions.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:09 am

And that post is a good one to lock this thread with. Matt and Trey entertain all sides of an issue, not just the Left and Right. They are libertarian, after all. But when one side gets taken over by conspiracy theorists from the President on down, that side deserves a good dressing down. If that side gets offended, so what? It wouldn't be in this position if its leaders had kept their heads straight, and Trump would have been more entertaining to make fun of.
The South Park Scriptorium
The site itself is gone, but might return.

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”