South Park: Post Covid - Preshow Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

South Park: Post Covid - Preshow Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:52 am

The South Park made-for-TV movies are coming!
I think this marks the point where the show splits in two.
One branch will be episodes like "South Park: Post Covid," focusing on current events. These will air on Paramount+, and will take the show to new places. The first one, coming on Thanksgiving Day, is titled "South Park: Post Covid," and the second will air in December. Probably the 16th or the 23rd
We have this idea where the first ones for Paramount+ are “South Park” but not quite. We have a high concept idea for the first one to set it apart.
The other branch will be the South Park episodes we all want to get back to. These will air on Comedy Central.
But right after that we go back and do a six-episode run for Comedy Central and HBO Max, probably at the end of this year or early next year. The classic kind.
The South Park Scriptorium
The site itself is gone, but might return.

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Andrew_B

Re: South Park: Post Covid

Postby Andrew_B » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 am

Lol .. ok reading between the lines Paramount+ deal came with corporate strings attached.

Still doesn’t answer the main thing that made me emerge from my hole.
The shilling sucked, like a comedy writer who thinks the audience is stupid sucked.
I would look like an idiot if I said M&T need to learn how to shill as the gold standard is “Make Love, Not Warcraft”. I was 4 months free of that game when that episode came out and it sucked me back in.

Hence why I think M&T have sold out (at least half sold out) and they have offloaded writing to some hacks … well everyone is a hack in comparison which is why you can’t do it without fans noticing.

If Paramount paid that amount of money for movie length episodes not written by M&T or with severe limitations to what they can write .. I would like to meet the genius behind that deal, I have a successmanship seminar and some spirit crystals I would be interested in selling them.

If M&T are selling out, I hope they know everyone will blame Matt. The reason for this is Trey is a known perfectionist, paramount trying to put their dick in things with Kid Rock illustrated that. Plus, outwardly it looked like Matt was behind the digital rights deal… but mainly .. you know … religious reasons.
Oh well, if anyone has earnt the right to (half) sell out after 20 plus years it is them. Good luck with it all and I can’t wait for those 22 minute eps to drop.
Bay_Gray

Postby Bay_Gray » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:51 pm

Awesome, so close. I can't wait :D
inuyasha_demon

Postby inuyasha_demon » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:50 pm

I think it will be good. Only time will tell, I guess.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:13 am

Bringing back the old "Movie of the Week"? :lol:
I'll take it. Just give me a promo that says "Ripped from the headlines...." :mrgreen:

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: South Park: Post Covid - Preshow Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:12 pm

Moving this to Episode Discussion.

South Park Studios is now hosting a Discord server here. Consider this your invitation to join. The server has been up for three and a half months, but I myself only joined today. So, on to the special.

The special looks to be 60-90 minutes long. It has the boys as adults, which means their parents will be elderly, and Marvin Marsh will not be around. Gray-haired Randy is still making marijuana products, but he's moved from specials to exclusive events (just like this one. :D). looking forward to the other kids as adults, especially Fatass.

kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:09 am

I’ll watch it. That’s really all I’m going to say about it.

Can tell by the mic quality that they are still very much working remotely.
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:55 am

This is the coolest thing they've done in a while. I'm actually kind of excited!
Official Wiki Moderator (2015 - 2019) :(
A dumb little request for any animators browsing here.
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:15 am

Can someone explain to me how to watch this episode? I'm a bit confused. Do I need a subscription to Paramount+ or will it be on Comedy Central? I hear the Paramount+ is different from the Paramount Network TV channel (on my FiOS TV, it's channel 554). I don't see South Park in the Guide on that channel.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:31 am

It's on Paramount PLUS, not Paramount.
it's a Paramount PLUS exclusive event, so it won't be here or on Comedy Central
So... you gotta sign up for Paramount PLUS.

JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:13 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:31 am
It's on Paramount PLUS, not Paramount.
it's a Paramount PLUS exclusive event, so it won't be here or on Comedy Central
So... you gotta sign up for Paramount PLUS.
Well that makes me a sad panda.

I mean, it's South Park, so it's worth it.

Anyone know anything about Paramount Plus? What I want to know is, since it's a network not supported by my TiVo, I won't be able to record it, but I'm guessing I can view it through a web browser or even my Google TV with Chromecast device. However, it's on Thanksgiving I think so I don't know if I'll be able to see it live or I wouldn't know how it works out...or if I just select the show and watch it whenever I want?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:45 pm

Things to see in the promo:

1. Kyle is now a school counselor. He remembers South Park Elementary in the Cows poster hanging on the wall behind him. He continues Mr. Mackey's "Drugs are still bad" campaign.

2. The boys have reached middle age, as Stan's hair is turning gray and Kyle has facial hair.

3. South Park's demographics have changed, as a lot of new faces are in church. I only recognize Tweek and maybe Nichole.

4. They are definitely in the future, as seen in the crowd scene where a man is doing tricks on a hoverboard. "Back To The Future," anyone?

5. Randy has a hospital bed in his room. He's balding on top. Sharon, Gerald and Sheila are not shown.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”