More help needed (pc sound)

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

denidenial22

More help needed (pc sound)

Postby denidenial22 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:59 pm

Ok, I got another computer with a madem that has a wire going to the speaker output. The wire is broke and I want to know if there is a way to get sound without a wire, or what this wire is called, and where to get one. Sorry I asked this at Southparkstudios.com's BBS, but I can't get any help from google, because I don't know the name of the wire. Please help.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: More help needed (pc sound)

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:23 am

Who connects a speaker to a modem? Just get a pair of speakers and connect them to the headphone jack on the computer or turn on the computer's sound card to hear sound on the built-in speakers.
The South Park Scriptorium
The site itself is gone, but might return.

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
EC

Re: More help needed (pc sound)

Postby EC » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:37 pm

If the wire is lose take it to a hard ware store ie Lowe’s The Home Depot and get the wire sized. Buy a length of new wire, most cases you can go up to the next wire size larger if needed. Your speaker wire is probably 12-18, maybe 22 gauge size.
Do you know what I am saying?
Next try twisting the wires together to make a joint or connection, test to see if this works. If it does buy some shrink wrap. It’s a tube of rubber you slide over the joint connection you made, and heat using a cigarette lighter to cause the shrink wrap to shrink.
But that sh*t might not work. So you’ll have to de solder the old wire at its connection points and solder your new wire to the same connection points.
Let us know how that bitch worked out
Peace homie
I forgive you, we were just a couple of kids
-Kelly Clarkson

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”