Drawn Together complimens South Park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

majors

Postby majors » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:30 am

consider this....drawn togather was one of the only show that has been succefully shown after south park. SP has stayed at the 10 oclock spot (est) as long as i can remember and drawn togather is the only show that has survived past the first season (of course it has not changed times)..anyone remeber primetime glick now that show sucked..
Last edited by majors on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:34 am

Wasn't Chapelle's Show on right after South Park and isn't Mind of Mencia on right after it nowadays? It's Mind of Mencia's second season and Chapelle is still making a third so Drawn Together isn't the only one.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:37 am

And, Chapelle did very well and Mencia is doing very well. Drawn Together is the least succesful of the three.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:42 pm

Shpadoinkle Crab Gerbils wrote:whereas Drawn Together's sole purpose is to get people to laugh.

And they fail miserably at that. I don't think any show has lasted more than 3 seasons behind South Park, i honestly hope Mind of Menica and DT don't do that, cancel them today.
Setting the standard since 1852
cartman8213

Re: Drawn Together complimens South Park

Postby cartman8213 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:59 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
bartronilic wrote:ANd i was happy they payed tribute to south park (well a mad cowkilled the whole town but still).

First of all, Drawn Together isn't nearly as good as South Park, Family Guy or even Futurama IMO. And they didn't try to pay a tribute to South Park. Watch that episode again. Either Wooldor or the pig said, "Maybe if we were in the show, more people would watch." They were insulting South Park.

no spanky says,"now this place is funny i bet if we lived here more people would watch us."
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Misty_Park_3R

Re: Drawn Together complimens South Park

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:03 pm

cartman8213 wrote:no spanky says,"now this place is funny i bet if we lived here more people would watch us."
That sounds like the line Adam Corolla spoke. I happened to see this episode and have to say that line was the funniest thing ever stated on Drawn Together.
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
candies

Postby candies » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:48 pm

drawn together is my second fav show since southpark, but they keep on using the same joke all over and over again. is great but sputhpark is AWESOME :P
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
misscutiepie1330

Postby misscutiepie1330 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:57 pm

I LOVE Drawn Together, but it can never beat South Park and I doubt it ever will. I can sense DT is going to get cancelled either after this season or after the next season.
Rualya

Postby Rualya » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:13 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
Why would they imply that they suck compared to South Park? That's how I saw it anyway.

Why? They had a whole episode dedicated to how they get less veiwers than most (almost all) shows.

misscutiepie1330 wrote:
I LOVE Drawn Together, but it can never beat South Park and I doubt it ever will. I can sense DT is going to get cancelled either after this season or after the next season.

I agree. I love it and I sure as hell don't want it cancelled. But, it will most likely happen. :(
Last edited by Rualya on Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you so much Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Kennyrox666

Postby Kennyrox666 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:49 am

I don't know, I really don't like Drawn Together too much. THey over usae thier jokes quite a bit, but parts of it are still funny. I don't watch it all that often though.
Ok, who stold my stuff...?
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:55 pm

Bleh, it's an alright show in my opinion. I'll watch it if it's on and there's nothing else better (though usually there is) and I'll find it reasonably amusing but nothing special.
Hello, I'm a British person!
MannequinOFolly

its an ok show

Postby MannequinOFolly » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:43 am

its an ok show, its like fg in the fact that it has nothing but random jokes, but it is funnier then fg if you're into the sick humor. anyhow, i didnt see the ep, so i cant say if they were insulting or complimenting south park. on the whole, fg is a better show, you have to watch drawn together at 12:00-1:00 A.M. for it to be truly funny. however, due to the over-the-topness of drawn together, it will last less then even family guy (by lasting, i mean the amount of time that its still funny)
fg = 3 seasons, dt = 2 seasons. (my prediction of dt)

If you're born once, you die twice.
If you're born twice, you die once.
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:41 am

I love Simpsons, Family Guy, Drawn Together, and South Park. Drawn Together is more about ripping off old 80's television and 70's after school specials and throw in offensive racist and religious humor. Family Guy is not about plot, but more about running gags and weird cutaway scenes. But of course, Simpsons was one of the first few shows to start using cutaway scenes. And South Park was the first (adult humor cartoon.) To me, at least.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:08 am

Drawn Together is pretty good but I dont like it as much as I used to
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:36 pm

Yeah, I'm a fan of Drawn Together as well. Although, I would still have to say I like South Park more. IMO, South Park and The Simpsons pretty much have the lead when it comes to popular-cartoon-humor. They both have wacky, ((somewhat)) well-thought-out plots, and stick to the point, while shows like DT and Family Guy just have random plot points/jokes.

Although, DT does stick more with it's plot the FG does, so that's why I watch it.

((And the spoof was really an acknowledgement to South Park's popularity.

Spanky: Where are we?
Foxxy: Chile, this is South Park!
Spanky: Now THIS place is funny. I bet if we lived here, more people would watch.

Which is entirely true. If they were featured in South Park, I'd definetley watch more of their show. :D))
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”