Everyone Needs To Read This: You're Missing The Points

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:57 pm

And I watch SP because I love the show. Not politics. Matt and Trey, geniuses that they are, need to remember what the show's mood was in the beginning.
ICS
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:46 am

Re: EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS: YOU'RE MISSING THE POINTS

Postby ICS » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:36 pm

cowybuga wrote:If anyone from the South Park staff reads this, please email me. I really identify with your show and am very creative, intelligent, etc.



cowybuga wrote:I’m driving West soon with absolutely no plan, place, $ etc.


Those statements pretty much contradict each other don’t they?

anyway, i agree that too many people cant look past the crudness of the show and see the real points, but thats kind of the point dont you think. as for what's talked about on here, i feel there could be more talking about the points of the shows, but i mean come on(had to do it), its a chat room on the internet where a bunch of people come to kill some time. who really cares if the person next to you missed the point of the ep.? as long as you got it you're cool, if they liked it because it had some hard-core humor then theres nothing wrong with that either. i think thats a main themes there in fact. worry about yourself and how you see the show, not if others miss the point or hide their heads in the sand(okay, that one wasnt needed).
knowledge without follow-through is worse then no knowledge at all - Bukowski
Cartman's Top Enemy
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:37 am

Re: EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS: YOU'RE MISSING THE POINTS

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:50 am

mewster wrote:
Gothic_Butters wrote:fyi.. dude the last person who posted a thread with all caps got f'd in the a... thier [sic] thread was DESTROYED! mua ha ha


So, where's your outrage for this one?


Well, Gothic_Butters?
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
CartmanMills
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:17 pm

Postby CartmanMills » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:58 am

I don't watch South Park for the deep meaning neither and for their 'bashing'. I watch it because it's funny. And Family Guy also makes me laugh. Say what you will about Seth MacFarlene but he makes people laugh. And that's all that matters in this day and age, not some posters talking about deep psychological meaning.
KylesNumber1Fan0
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:47 am

Postby KylesNumber1Fan0 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:07 am

I like South Park because it makes me laugh, but it also make sme think in the process. I say, it doesn't matter for what reason you like the show, as long as you're a fan. Isn't that why everyone is posting here? Because they're a fan? Besides cowybuga, don't assume that most people don't understand true meanings of the show. It deals with real life current events, and I can see that it's not just humor, although that is one of the main reasons I watch it. Sometimes I don't even care about the politics in it. I just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. Don't take everything in life so seriuosly geez.

As for the question of all time, South Park vs. Family Guy, I say South Park, but I respect others who may think differently. South Park goes farther than just comedy it's a well thought out and exucuted satire, but Family Guy is more laid back and mostly is toilet humor and fart jokes. I'm proud to say that I am both a South Park and a Family Guy fan. I like both brands of comedy, and I think you should be open to both cowybuga, and realize that not everyone is a self proclaimed genius like you and they may not see through the fart jokes as you say we all should.
The BBS's resident 30 Seconds to Mars addict
http://www.thirtysecondstomars.com
Taranis_Music
Posts: 1765
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Postby Taranis_Music » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:13 am

You are one big dickhead.
Cartman's Top Enemy
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:37 am

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:43 am

Taranis_Music wrote:You are one big dickhead.


Lemme guess: Harvard debate team, right? :lol:
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Taranis_Music
Posts: 1765
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Postby Taranis_Music » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:45 am

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:
Taranis_Music wrote:You are one big dickhead.


Lemme guess: Harvard debate team, right? :lol:


3 years running.
Cartman's Top Enemy
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:37 am

Re: EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS: YOU'RE MISSING THE POINTS

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:32 am

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:
mewster wrote:
Gothic_Butters wrote:fyi.. dude the last person who posted a thread with all caps got f'd in the a... thier [sic] thread was DESTROYED! mua ha ha


So, where's your outrage for this one?


Well, Gothic_Butters?


Still waiting, Gothic_Butters...
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:37 am

Oh this is an old thread..Good, I thought we had yet another bitch coming over here and talking down to us about how all of us just don't get South Park.. If we get a new crop of them this coming week when the new episode premeires, I am going to flame all of those idiots.
Image
airmancoop44
Posts: 5580
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:59 pm

Postby airmancoop44 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:07 pm

1. Why is this thread in all caps?
2. Why has it been resurrected?
3. I'm closing it.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest