Protest

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

GOPGuyCA

Protest

Postby GOPGuyCA » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:51 am

Click here.

I encourage those who support freedom of speech to use the above link to send Comedy Central a formal complaint on their refusal to air the Muhammed clip on this week's episode.

Unfortunatly, as weak as Comedy Central is for not airing Muhammed, they also refuse to recieve snail mail and further more, don't list a contact number.

Making themselves so unavailable to the public, I don't know where their fear came in from airing the Muhammed episode as the most that would've happened was people protesting.. Which Comedy Central doesn't make easy so.. And we all know comments sent in through these types of forms are never really read.

Nonetheless, I encourage everyone to send a complaint in to recieve your copy/paste response.

Will be sending mine in once I post this. Will you?
monster riles

Postby monster riles » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:57 am

Just sent mine.
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:01 am

Can't we wait till they issue a press realese?
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:05 am

Comedy Central did not censor it. Matt and Trey did it and intended it as a joke. Please stop protesting for no reason. I doubt anyone important in CC will even get this letter and give you the option of sending them a letter just as a show of good will. They don't care what you think and they shouldn't because they did nothing wrong. I guess the only wrong they did was attract an audience that doesn't know a joke if it slaps them in the face...
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
GOPGuyCA

Postby GOPGuyCA » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:09 am

Absolutely not.

We need to hit them with this ASAP. We saw the episode tonight, we need to react tonight. Not tomorrow or the next day. The sooner you react the more strength it has.

The episode recieved no press before. Seeing how they whimped out, I doubt it will get press afterwards unless Comedy Central themself seeks the press. Which they will if they recieve enough protest.

CC feared Muslims protesting the episode. Well, they dodged that bullet. Great for them. But dodging the possiblity of a minor, minor Muslim protest in America.. They got freedom-lovers to worry about now. And well, we are the sleeping giant.

If we don't send in complaints the episode is right. More censorship is to come. If we complain, not so. CC would much rather piss off a single religion group or political party than piss off people from all across the board. So we need to let them know that we are upset and they should be much more concerned with upsetting US rather than a small group of Muslims and Muslim sympathizers.
GOPGuyCA

Postby GOPGuyCA » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:11 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:Comedy Central did not censor it. Matt and Trey did it and intended it as a joke. Please stop protesting for no reason. I doubt anyone important in CC will even get this letter and give you the option of sending them a letter just as a show of good will. They don't care what you think and they shouldn't because they did nothing wrong. I guess the only wrong they did was attract an audience that doesn't know a joke if it slaps them in the face...

Until you have some sort of reference.... Please stop.

Stop trying to bring down the integrity of two artists to defend some corporate giant. Please. No one appreciates it.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:16 am

Nobody appreciates your spamming. Theres 15 threads about this episode. Post in there. Why does everyone have to make thir own thread?

So if it was CC who wanted to take it off, why would they allow M & T make them look bad by basically saying "CC pussed out." I'll tell you why, because it was supposed to be an obvious joke.
GOPGuyCA

Postby GOPGuyCA » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:26 am

No... That was Matt and Trey telling us, the fans, to protest.

Matt and Trey are contracted by CC. They work for CC. Not the other way around. I can understand Matt and Trey not wanting to make threats as the issue is sensitive and unknown. No one has really challenged it. Matt and Trey took the first step in this country to challenge the bias position in the media.

They now are hoping on us to take the real action.

CC doesn't care that they trash on them... Simpsons does it to Fox all the time as does Family Guy. It's humorous, for one, and it also makes the network seem less threatening to the public. Brings it down to our level, sotospeak.

BTW -- This thread is seperate from the other Muhammad threads as it's sole creation is to encourage others to protest and to provide them with a link to quick and easily send something in. GG.

Here is what I sent in, if anyone wants to use it as a template or copy/paste go ahead.. Spamming their mailbox would be a great idea:

I'm extremely outraged that Muhammed was cut from the episode. Rather you cut the scene or that is how Matt and Trey wished it to be aired... I'm offended and upset.

Regardless of who is at fault here, the religion of Islam was excused from having their Muhammed animated on a carton show to hand Peter Griffen a helmet while my Lord and Savoir was seen crapping all over the flag of the country I love.

When I see my religious beliefs being mocked and ridiculed on South Park, and other series on your network, I think: Freedom of speech, they want to disrespect my beliefs their right just as they do the same to Jews and Scientologists and Buddhists. But then we come to Islamic beliefs and you make this exception.

Is Comedy Central saying they disrespect the beliefs of Christians and Jews and every other religion out there but take favor to Islam? Because that is what I am getting here and I am outraged.

I would appreciate a response. And by that I mean a real one, not some copy/paste nonsense. I'd also like an address to send a real letter in and a number to talk to someone directly.

Thank you.
Last edited by GOPGuyCA on Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
uncleosbert

free speech is ___

Postby uncleosbert » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:27 am

seriously, cc is not the problem. this problem will just get worse and worse as more and more outlets of our media are consolidated into fewer and fewer hands.

comedy central is paying them to produce a product. this stopped being a free speech issue when it became a show produced by a cable network. do they have a right to decide what to air?

fox has done the same thing...
http://www.prwatch.org/prwissues/1998Q2/foxbgh.html

what am i supposed to say to comedy central? offend muslims or else?
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:35 am

Why would CC be afraid to put Mohammed? The extremists aren't gonna do anything and can't do anything... The extremists who would get offended by this already hate America and you're forgetting, even if Muhammed isn't shown, an extremist would still get offended by it and last I checked, they didn't attack America yet. It was just a joke and they were trying to be funny... remember... that's what the show's supposed to be... FUNNY!!!
GOPGuyCA

Postby GOPGuyCA » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:36 am

uncleosbert --

You're totally right.

I am so much against mergers as it gives full power to one provider.

The EBgames/Gamestop merge, for instance... I would go back and forth between the sites going for whichever offered the best deal or incentive. Now with them being merged... I don't have that option.

With nearly every website being under Amazon.. When something on Amazon is sold out, I'm pretty much screwed as Amazon's stock is every major retailor out there. It's horrible. It gives us, the consumers, no freedom.

With the media and corporations it's even worse. They control the food supply and everything else as it all falls under one corporate logo. The media is the worse one of them all as whoever is at the top can pick and choose what stories are heard by the public.

Everyone gets their news from the TV almost and everyone believes what they see on TV. Fortunatly, we still have the internet but with the government continously trying to monitor it and regulate the net, such as the gambling thing.. That may not last too much longer. Many search engines already ban certain sites from being listed.

Many mainstream servers also ban certain websites from being hosted.

The world is coming closer and closer together and sooner or later will all be run under one major powerhouse that has control of everything.

Nonetheless.. That time isn't now. We are in the "coming to" ages and before it happens we need to exercise our freedom and prolong that freedom for however long we can.

All you need is send in a complaint. It doesn't have to be anything long or fancy just:

Subject: Upset

Message: I don't appreciate Muhammad being cut out of the episode.

Anything simple and easy along those lines will work as it lets them know you were upset. Then when they write their crap back, reply again. Nothing saying you can't reply and reply and reply or even spam their box if you have time.

They ruined Matt and Trey's work and gave us a distorted view of it. Rather you agree with Muhammed being cut or not, they cheated the artist and they cheated us, the fan. Be upset about that.
.Eric

Postby .Eric » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:40 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:Why would CC be afraid to put Mohammed? The extremists aren't gonna do anything and can't do anything... The extremists who would get offended by this already hate America and you're forgetting, even if Muhammed isn't shown, an extremist would still get offended by it and last I checked, they didn't attack America yet. It was just a joke and they were trying to be funny... remember... that's what the show's supposed to be... FUNNY!!!

Keyword...Yet

9/11?
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:45 am

This is America. We conquered Iraq in 3 weeks. A bunch of pissed off Muslims with literally sticks and stones aren't gonna do anything. If they could, the extremists would have bombed America already and this little cartoon wouldn't change anything.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:46 am

Sorry double post. :oops:
Last edited by Kyle's_Marklar on Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
gmac

Postby gmac » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:47 am

Most of these noobs don't get it, IT'S JUST A CARTOON ABOUT FOUR LITTLE BOYS, GET OVER THE FACT THAT THEY DIDN'T SHOW SOME BLACK DUDE, SO SHUT THE f*ck UP AND STOP MAKING POINTLESS sh*t.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”