Is South Park starting to suck?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

cailindana

Postby cailindana » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:35 am

I love this posts. I mean, this is one of the world's most satirical, top rated shows and some people think it's suck? Meanwhile, what are you doing in comparison?!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to whether one episode was as good as another but the fact that it's still getting top ratings and they signed another deal would lead me to the conclusion that it's still red hot even though some people may or may not like every season.

Of course you find some episodes funnier than others for personal reasons. Maybe you know more or sometimes less about the topics and therein lies the amusement factor.

I personally was watching SP BLU when it came out in OZ in the cinema, going'WTF IS Brian Boitano and just what DID he do'??????????????
Pog mo thoin
KennyRules_2323

Postby KennyRules_2323 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:42 am

I do miss the episodes when the boys had Girlfriends, and had all there problems in there social life..but SP doesnt suck, thats to strong of a word.. It just lost a little flavor, but it still kicks major ass.
Ignore the screenname and pay attention to the post :P
mewster

Postby mewster » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:40 am

Butters Stotch100 wrote:south park can never suck, trey and matt are the coolest ppl in the world and the make south park the best animated cartoon show ever!!!

Did you apply for a job @ SPS?

.Eric wrote:South Park doesn't suck, and never will suck as long as Trey and Matt get to do what they want. If comedy central stops their hypocrisy and stops censoring the show. How can Trey and Matt continue to make us laugh if their always censored? Because of the Scientology episode and just recently the Muhammad episode, Christians are going to start standing up and telling Comedy Central they now have to censor anything offensive for them. This wouldn't have happened if Comedy Central wouldn't have censored South Park in the first place. It's just like what Cartman said in part I.

The Gospel According to Saint Eric the Blubber-assed :D

cailindana wrote:I love this posts.

And it loves you :D

cailindana wrote:I mean, this is one of the world's most satirical, top rated shows and some people think it's suck? Meanwhile, what are you doing in comparison?!

Since Comedy Central dosen't pay anyone else here gobs of money to make cartoons, the person who asked isn't obligated to do anything in comparison.

cailindana wrote:Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to whether one episode was as good as another but the fact that it's still getting top ratings and they signed another deal would lead me to the conclusion that it's still red hot even though some people may or may not like every season.

So asking a general question to other fans about the quality of SP is moot because they have a new contract?
I'm now known as Cartman's Top Enemy. Please make a note of it.
rybuda

Postby rybuda » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:28 am

I agree with whoever said that "just because theyre changing their style doesn't mean the show sucks."

I think Matt and Trey are in their prime. I've always favored the political humor in South Park as I mostly agree with their messages. The show is turning into a half-hour animated political cartoon. There's nothing wrong with a little comedy that makes you think. Too many comedy shows spoonfeed senseless nonsense to their audiences. Those who disagree with the socio-political satirical direction South Park is taking should just stick to watching Family Guy for their entertainment.
The Lunatic25

Postby The Lunatic25 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:57 pm

Cartman's logic was incredibly flawed...had he been correct, South Park would've failed after Season 5, with the ban of 'Jared has Aides'. Now that 'Bloody Mary' and 'Trapped in the Closet' have been taken down, it was only a matter of time before M&T came back with a stronger strike then the first one...especially since the follow-up to 'Trapped in the Closet' was the 'Return of Chef', which just went right on smacking on scinetology.

Frankly, I'm glad there's sometimes a little less focus on the boy's social life...I got sick to death of Wendy; she's nothing but a whiny bitch who doesn't know what the f*ck she wants.
Surfarosa25

Postby Surfarosa25 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:35 pm

[quote=I got sick to death of Wendy; she's nothing but a whiny bitch who doesn't know what the f*ck she wants.[/quote]

LOL LOL LOL........ Yeah your right Wendy is a whiny little bitch.

As for the rest of you people; what is wrong with you? SP hasn't gotten any worse. These past couple of episodes have just been much more personal for M&T let them blow off there steam, and we will all get back to our, "red rocket" jokes that still make a good point.

As for family guy, man I watched it last night. I never noticed before, but SP was right every two minutes it jumped into one of those, "like that one time" jokes cutting into a totaly unrelated scene. I like Family Guy, but watching the show do that over and over again got kind of old for me.
gouge away, you can gouge away, stay all day if you want to...the pixies
mewster

Postby mewster » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:06 pm

Surfarosa25 wrote:These past couple of episodes have just been much more personal for M&T let them blow off there steam, and we will all get back to our, "red rocket" jokes that still make a good point.

Red rocket jokes make a point?

Watch an early ep and immediately follow it with this season's ep. Then make a proper comparison of the show's suckiness insetad of blindly treating everything M&T do as gospel (I'm sure M&T woudn't want that, anyway).
cailindana

Postby cailindana » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:08 pm

Since Comedy Central dosen't pay anyone else here gobs of money to make cartoons, the person who asked isn't obligated to do anything in comparison.

Mewster - you're online arent ya? How about ye olde webcartoon? Get a site, do it, get advertisers and STF UP.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course they are but random slagging is just irritating. What is wrong with some people, can't you read the posts properly?

Whateva.....
Pog mo thoin
fatrix cus story0

Postby fatrix cus story0 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:09 pm

no wayits got a bit more racal and has less swearing but it still kicks ass
screw u guys im goin home!
megan*w

Postby megan*w » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:13 pm

I can't be bothered to read all of what's been said in this thread but.......

No, I don't think SP is starting to suck. It still makes me laugh :lol:
peanutman27

Postby peanutman27 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:18 pm

south park will never suck as long as it has its fans

also was it just me or on the last episode when he said they needed 18 dozen shovles and then in the 2nd part when it flashed back to show what happened did he say 8 dozen shovles?
ICartmansTwin

You gotta be Nuts....SP is great

Postby ICartmansTwin » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:22 am

My dudes I dont understand where all the negativity about South Park comes from but you have to be nuts to say SP is satrting to suck. To be honest I only recently started watching SP for the first time and I fell in so in love with the show I immediately went out and bought every SP DVD I could find in order to catch up on all the years I missed. I know the fact that I'm a new fan probably makes the long time fans think I'm not qualified to participate in this discussion, therefore, all I'm going to say is that it was this new season that got me hooked on SP. I've been seeing SP promos on CC for many years but I just ignored them because I thought SP was probably just another one of those silly cartoons I never liked like the Simpsons or FG, etc. But as soon as I saw what SP was about I fell in love with it. I was a Beavis & Butthead fan for a little while but I have never seen a show as brilliant & funny as SP. I still have a few more seasons to go before I fully catch up on every SP episode but I love these characters and I give all the credit to the new season & a few reruns for making me a huge fan.
Addicted To South Park
MysticMaddess

Postby MysticMaddess » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:00 pm

South Park has changed as we can see. But I might ask, won’t it get boring if South Park stayed the same from the first episode? I personally would like a mixture of humour that has nothing to do with current events and some humour that does. I'd like to add the truth of this issue really is that South Park has became dominated by recent topics I don't really experience because of my age and my location, so it seems to be less funny for me and more like a news programme at this moment in time for me.
mewster

Postby mewster » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:16 pm

cailindana wrote:

Mewster - you're online arent ya? How about ye olde webcartoon? Get a site, do it, get advertisers and STF UP.

And I'm supposed to do this in order to appease you...why?

cailindana wrote:Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course they are but random slagging is just irritating.

1. For those reading, "slagging" is Irish slang for "to ridicule or mock."

2. Random?

cailindana wrote:What is wrong with some people, can't you read the posts properly?

Whateva.....

:?: The feeling's mutual :roll:
Last edited by mewster on Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:55 pm

TO PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT THOSE OF US THAT DIDN'T LIKE SEASON NINE AND MAYBE SOME CURRENT EPISODES BECAUSE WE'RE IDIOTS WHO ENJOY FART HUMOR:

You're incredibly stupid. Many of us have become slightly disenfranchised with South Park because instead of every so often making a political point and being funny, it is now doing politics all the time almost every episode. It starts to drain the humor when the kids aren't kids but act like reasonable adults.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”