Is South Park starting to suck?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue May 16, 2006 10:50 pm

All this means is that South Park has raised the expectations of its fans considerably. It could not have accomplished this by getting progressively worse. If the number of new episode ideas and fanfics are any indication, there is a great deal more that could easily be done with the show and a lot more material out there that could be used.

There are certainly a few episodes I did not like, or that were not as good as they could have been, but that isn't to say that they sucked.
rponton

blah blah blah

Postby rponton » Wed May 17, 2006 12:49 am

the show has fundamentally changed. I have watched it since season one and then ity was about little kids cussing and poop jokes. That would be boring after 10 seasons. They've added to that and grown. It is much more politically topical now, and it has grown more complex. It has to to "stay fresh" Cartman has become the clear star of the show, and not so important is kenny dying. Shows change or they die. Nothing can the same forever, or it gets stale. Grow up and stop complaining. If it has changed more than you like, go away or shut up.
Juzzi

Postby Juzzi » Wed May 17, 2006 9:55 am

I think South PArk is getting better and better, I love these new episodes! :)
TSST!
g3rmansh3ph3rd

Postby g3rmansh3ph3rd » Wed May 17, 2006 11:11 am

For me, I prefer the old episodes over the new ones.

They may have grown complex but they may be getting too complex for many people to understand. They have also diminished the roles of many characters and it seemed that the only guys who are doing anything in the show are Cartman, Kyle, and Stan. All the other characters only seemed to be only extras, especially Kenny.

Other characters in their class and in the SP community who can have a significant role in the storyline (Wendy, Pip, Jimbo, etc.) seems to have significantly diminished. They only seem to be worthless extras, unlike before which they have made a good impact on the story because of their presence and attitude.

Their satire jokes are significantly becoming less. These satire jokes made them popular. Turning soft because one of their member got offended and had quit the show dosen't mean that they should stop satirizing corrupt religious organizations. He still supported them even on his departure.

Another thing is that they use too much 3D. Overusing 3D graphics destroys the quality of the work of the producers. There are many shows that use full 3D graphics in Cartoon Network but they all SUCK!!! :evil:

I'm not going against the writers. But I hope that they improve their shows for the better. You may say that their shows do not suck but they still have to remember the flaws that they made just because they are "modernizing". Not everything "high-tech" or "latest" is good. I hope that South Park retains their old satirizing and cursing but still downright funny works such as the old ones
EricCartmanFatBoy

Postby EricCartmanFatBoy » Wed May 17, 2006 12:14 pm

Are you kidding me?!

TSST was one of the best South Park episodes ever..
"Well I dont want to say anything, Kyle but I think maybe this is what your family get's for being jewish on Christmas Time."

"Oh my science..."
Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Wed May 17, 2006 2:50 pm

Yeah, A :chaos: based episode. :wink:
authori-tah34

Postby authori-tah34 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:59 pm

hell, no! South Park is still the sh*t, they have just made a few gay episodes this season. I agree with most, though. Season 8 was the best that they have ever done so far. South Park has gotten even more controversial than ever though, and that is awesome. I hope to see more new South Park seasons until I am old.
P.S.: Mewster, you are a BITCH!
ImageImageImage
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Wed May 17, 2006 5:20 pm

No. Some of them are bad, but overall it's still good.
Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Wed May 17, 2006 5:22 pm

Well said Megan.
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Wed May 17, 2006 5:34 pm

kanichiwa wrote:Well said Megan.

Dude, I'm MixStan.
Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Wed May 17, 2006 5:36 pm

Oh Damn it.
I never bother reading peoples Usernames i just look at there Sigs. you and megan have kinda sig look alikes. But meh. I better keep my eyes open.
Cartman33043

Postby Cartman33043 » Thu May 18, 2006 7:49 pm

i think south park is getting better, the only problem is that thy have recently gotten too preachy and full of messages.... however they are still the funniest show on tv + season 10 makes it look like south park are going back in the good ol direction they started in ... not being so preachy and full of messages :D
Cartman-MOM kittys being a dildo!!
Mrs Cartman-Than i know of a sertain kitty kitty whos sleeping with mommy tonight
Cartman-WHAT??
LOL
Cartman33043

Postby Cartman33043 » Thu May 18, 2006 7:53 pm

EricCartmanFatBoy wrote:Are you kidding me?!

TSST was one of the best South Park episodes ever..
f*ck yeah it was :lol:
Cartman-MOM kittys being a dildo!!
Mrs Cartman-Than i know of a sertain kitty kitty whos sleeping with mommy tonight
Cartman-WHAT??
LOL
Kennyrox666

Postby Kennyrox666 » Thu May 18, 2006 10:28 pm

I dont' think South Park is starting to suck, but I agree with whoever of u wrote that South Park has gotten to have too many messages. I think they'll stop that though, and some messages are nice to have conveyed in a funny way. I like the random crazyness of the earlier seasons because i can make up MY OWN messages even if there are no messages in the episodes because i feel like it damn it! Wow...off subject a bit there. Anywho, the show is still goin' stron and will keep going on so as long as Matt and Trey can keep it fresh which they are doing a damn good job of it!
Archie2nd wrote:
I still think South Park has a lot of life in it, i just wish they would drop the topical humour, as funny as it is. It only really works for America. Being a traditional tea sipping brit, the episodes we get (and when we get them) are out of date. Thats why episodes such as TSST are funnier because theyre more character driven.

I agree with ya there. I do live in America, but I know that there are lots of people who live in the other countries of teh world, so making whole episodes devoted to ripping on people in the American government isn't as funny. It is to me though because I hate the government with a fiery passion! I hate all government not just America's. They are watching us all the time...they know things...secrets kept from the public eye! I won't rant about the government now though.
Quick question: Does anyone besides me think that the US government thinks it's better then everyone else in the world and that it boasts to the rest of teh world about it, or am i just being paranoid? Tell me, for I must know!! :shock:
ryan p

Postby ryan p » Sat May 20, 2006 6:12 am

i think it's all good as long as theres still sensless violence and totally non important matters going on and racism and sex it's all good
cartman is the best

Return to “General South Park Discussion”