Is South Park starting to suck?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ryan p

Postby ryan p » Sat May 20, 2006 6:12 am

i think it's all good as long as theres still sensless violence and totally non important matters going on and racism and sex it's all good
cartman is the best
xXProSkittlesXx

Postby xXProSkittlesXx » Sat May 20, 2006 6:18 am

Orange_Kenny wrote:I think they're just going through a sucky Period.

i agree
StupidJew23

Postby StupidJew23 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:51 am

I think the past 3 seasons have been pure cometic genious for the most part besides a few episodes.

I do think they have gotten too preachy though, it seems every episode is just one big opinionated editoral. However, they do bring up great points in a lot of episodes.

I would like they to cut down on the preachin', and focus on the comedy. Looking at pre-season 5-6, that is how it was for the most part, just pure comedy without any messages.
Dey tok ER Jobs!!!
atonal_belle

Postby atonal_belle » Sat May 20, 2006 3:49 pm

Butters Stotch100 wrote:For f*ck sake guys, dont post these kind of topics on this website.
If your going to say bad things about south park go to an anti-south park website. Everyone here loves south park for that is why they have joined.
So please DONT Post these topics on this website any more.

South Park ROCKS!!!

Dude, it's completely legitimate to debate the quality of South Park episodes on a pro-SP website. I think that every episode has its good points, but some eps are not of the same caliber as others. There is nothing wrong with pointing this out and engaging in a quality discussion about it. We would be naught more than mindless lemmings if we simply declared every SP episode to be a flawless masterpiece.
"How about we sing 'Kyle's Mom is a Stupid Bitch' in d minor?"
mafia_sugurugus

Postby mafia_sugurugus » Sun May 21, 2006 8:50 pm

Season 9 was godd, despite what some people may say. Almost as good as season 8. Season 10 is a tricky one: for my part, i think "Tsst" is pure genious, and the same for "The return of chef".

But the Towelie episode got me dissapointed. Why? Because Towelie is the central character only in the first half of the time. Then its all about Oprah's pussy. Its like the creators where just writing, then thay ate something alterated and then finished the script. Anyway, i only laughed at Towelie's novel.
Then theres the Manbearpig episode. That one was really really boring. I mean come on, half of the time you listen to that "cereal" joke. Perhaps its just me.

Cartoon wars is for more mature people, but it was needed since there were so many protests in the middle east. every season needs an episode that keeps it tied to the reality in the world.

About the characters, I think they should write more lines for Kenny, and maybe kill him...just once...for the sake of old times?

Now, what really bothers me: Tsst gave me the feeling that Cartman has been kicked out of tha gang (dindt you notice that somehow Butters took his place?). Maybe the ten years of ripping of on his colleagues finnaly got to him.

Anyway, i hold respect for other people's opinions and I hope the show will last as long as possible.
"hey, dont flip me off you son of a bitch!!"
Bombajio

Postby Bombajio » Sun May 21, 2006 9:29 pm

Judging by the "Tsst" episode I'd say that they still got it. "Tsst" was freaking amazing.

Yes, Season 10 had some weak episodes, but every season has had some.

I think they're still funny and South Park-y.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:03 pm

Kennyrox666 wrote:Quick question: Does anyone besides me think that the US government thinks it's better then everyone else in the world and that it boasts to the rest of teh world about it, or am i just being paranoid? Tell me, for I must know!! :shock:

I think you are a bit paraniod(no offense), but some people in the American government do think that they can control the world. We have never lost a war, ever. This is why some people think we are invulnerable, but this was proven wrong on 9/11. I think the war in the Middle East has a point, because I would rather have them fight over there than over here.(Please don't turn this into a political discussion.)

Anyway, this season has been great, in my opinion. A Million Little Fibers scared me. It was horrible. Both Cartoon Wars were great, well-animated episodes. The Return of Chef and Manbearpig got the most laughs out of me. They had the random humor and sophisticated jokes. Smug Alert and Tsst really showed the good side of Cartman. With Cartman's inability to kill his mom and his willingness to risk his own life to save Kyle. Overall, great season, Matt and Trey. Keep it up for the second half.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Sun May 21, 2006 10:20 pm

Kennyrox666 wrote:Quick question: Does anyone besides me think that the US government thinks it's better then everyone else in the world and that it boasts to the rest of teh world about it, or am i just being paranoid? Tell me, for I must know!! :shock:

You're right. The US government has an attitude of being more important than the rest of the world. :roll: We think we've earned the right to boss the rest of the world around, for no better reason than that we were born in America.
LunaKKHannah

Postby LunaKKHannah » Mon May 22, 2006 2:03 am

Hmmmhh, no. south park will always rock!
really. i like some episodes more than others but all of them have that special something that makes it SOUTHPARK.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Mon May 22, 2006 2:11 am

^Yeah, I agree. Even the worst episode ever has something awesome and a South Park feeling to it.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
g3rmansh3ph3rd

Postby g3rmansh3ph3rd » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:29 am

In the episode Cartoon Wars, I think matt and trey was saying something to us...
Butters Stotch100

Postby Butters Stotch100 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:46 am

Yeah i think that when everybody buried their heads in the sand that trey and matt were trying to tell us something, they were trying to tell us that people shouldnt get so offended by a cartoon, because Tom Cruise banned trapped in the closet in the UK and Bloody Mary was banned in New Zealand and Australia.

and i think season 10 kicks ass!!!
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:51 pm

The thing is, South Park has turned from a crude cartoon to a cartoon with meaning but with crudeness still. They've done more bashing real life subjects and that pisses people off because they want Trey/Matt to go back to how it used to be.

But see, it's their show. The only episode which I dont rate was 'Million Dollar Fibres' but it's still quite funny. I think it's better than it once was.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:27 pm

I liked Season Ten, though not nearly as much as Seasons Four-Seven. It was okay. The biggest problem is that it had the WORST episode of South Park ever. Besides that, it had four great episodes:
Return of Chef
Cartoon Wars 1&2
Tsst

Then, it had two decent episodes:
Smug Alert
Manbearpig

As for Season Nine, it sucked. :P

@People Who JUST realized Matt and Trey were making statements in Cartoon Wars- DEEERERERERERER! :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:55 pm

I think seasons 2 through 5 contained the best episodes, then it started to go downhill after "Kenny Dies." I wouldn't say SP sucks, but rather they've kind of reached a slump in their ideas. Perhaps they've taken on relying too much on current events to come up with anything, so when they don't have a current event to provide commentary on, they'll have to resort to talking, gun-wielding minges just to get a good laugh. That's kind of sad, but they're redeeming themselves with "Tssst."

Return to “General South Park Discussion”