Is South Park starting to suck?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

monnyb2001

Postby monnyb2001 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:38 pm

Alot of people will probably say those who still like South park are lying to themselves due to the memory of Season 8 and such etc.

However, the episode TSST was pure Eric Cartman manipulation beauty. Despite there being some episodes such as A Million Little Fibres that dont really do it for us, it's always been that way.

We have to accept that there always has been, and always will be sucky, mediocre, and absolutely golden episodes in each series. If you start focusing on the negativity of the bad episodes, you're just going to miss the great stuff in episodes like TSST. Matt and Trey arent comedy machines, they might not hit the right note every time, but generally South Park is friggin' awesome. If you cant see that, go watch another cartoon. The Smurfs might do you nicely.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:49 pm

South Park's been having its ups and downs lately, and it's not as good as it used to be, but it isn't starting to suck. Even when it falls into a slump, it eventually comes back out with some good episodes and sometimes even manages to produce an episode so great that it's among the best of all time.

So no, I don't think South Park's starting to suck, but naturally it would wear off a little with age. It was at its height around Seasons 4-6. Still, I'm not so sure I want it to last until Season 12. At that rate, it just might start to suck. I don't know, as long as there's fresh new material for Matt and Trey to rip on, they could probably keep the show going for a while longer. It has more potential to last a long time than any other show I know of.
g3rmansh3ph3rd

Postby g3rmansh3ph3rd » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:32 am

There are some good and bad episodes even before this season. It depends on the person if they think it sucks or not.

But they said something on "Cartoon Wars" that they may be wanting to say for a long time...

There was a message before the part 2:

Your show is becoming preachy and it is full of messages.

It forgot how to be funny anymore.
uscgamecocks21

Postby uscgamecocks21 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:13 am

I myself started to think South Park was getting worse and worse around season 7. But then after buying the DVD and watching season 7 episodes again I realized they were just as good. However, the days of Clubhouses, Merry Christmas Charlie Manson, and World Wide Recorder Blow are over (these are three of the greatest episodes ever and are hugely underrated). The humor of South Park seems different now and the trend is to rail any current news story. The older episodes were original stories for the most part, not just social commentaries. And although sometimes not very enlightening, the social commentaries of todays episodes are still funny. We are in a new era of South Park shows, and I still love it.
KylesNumber1Fan0

Postby KylesNumber1Fan0 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:25 am

I don't think South Park is starting to suck. There are some episodes from the 10th season that I like and some that I don't like as with all the others. For example, the episodes "Free Wilyz" and "A Thousand Little Fibers" I thought were pretty stupid, but I loved "The Return of Chef", "Cartoon Wars", "Manbearpig", and "Tsst". As long as the number of good episodes exceeds the number of crappy episodes, I'm perfectly happy with new episodes Matt & Trey have come up with. They've gained some factors and lost some. They gained more adult jokes about current events, and I think they still retain some of the toilet humor we saw in earlier seaons. They've lost some jokes that just don't apeal to me anymore, like Kenny dieing. Sure it was funny for a while, but it gets old really fast. And one final statement: I say, if you don't like the show, them go make your own, and if your ratings are better than South Park's then you can complain about how sucky you think Souht Park is.
The BBS's resident 30 Seconds to Mars addict
http://www.thirtysecondstomars.com
candies

Postby candies » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:17 am

southpark starting to suck hell no my show never ever suck none one episode suck :x
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
barbrady39

i disagree

Postby barbrady39 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:17 am

although many tv shows loose what it once had by the 10th season if not earlier, south park has not lost anything. Its political satire still hits the funny bone of many people including me. i still love and respect and hope that south park stays popular for generations to come.

you just dont understand

.....stupid
Stovepipe_Jam

Re: i disagree

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:10 pm

barbrady39 wrote:although many tv shows loose what it once had by the 10th season if not earlier, south park has not lost anything. Its political satire still hits the funny bone of many people including me. i still love and respect and hope that south park stays popular for generations to come.

you just dont understand

.....stupid

Maybe we just have different tastes than you.

Doesn't make us stupid.
bennis07

seoson 8 was the worst.

Postby bennis07 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:40 pm

[quote="slycooper"][quote="davidtylr"]Season 8 was just pure art work. It was the best season ever and before that it was the best show ever, but after that southpark is losing what it once had. Don't get me wrong it did have its moments but I think South Park has lost what it was origanaly about. It is time for Mat Stone and Trey Parker to quit while they are ahead
Harap_alb

Postby Harap_alb » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:58 am

South park kicks ass!
Cekui
Master K 47

Re: Is South Park starting to suck?

Postby Master K 47 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:12 pm

davidtylr wrote:Season 8 was just pure art work. It was the best season ever and before that it was the best show ever, but after that southpark is losing what it once had. Don't get me wrong it did have its moments but I think South Park has lost what it was origanaly about. It is time for Mat Stone and Trey Parker to quit while they are ahead.

Look at The Simpsons.

I have to disagree, in my opinion the south park series is getting better and better. I really dont know what i wuold do without it.

Oh and The Simpsons doesn't even come close to South Park :P
SouthParkLibertarian

Postby SouthParkLibertarian » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:52 pm

I agree that South Park has gone down hill since Season 8. Season 9 was decent, but I thought that Season 10 so far has sucked. Man Bear Pig is arguably the worst South Park episode ever, I didn't laugh once.

Hopefully they'll pick it back up though - I have faith
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:16 pm

Manbearpig wasn't all that bad, if you keep in mind that Al Gore was only trying to get attention for himself. I was able to appreciate the episode by ignoring Al Gore and his desperate pleas for attention. The story was about the four boys being trapped in the cave and having to struggle for survival, not Al Gore and his whiny attempts to get people to take him 'serial'. I actually thought Al Gore was pretty funny, especially the parts where he starts crying; they didn't do anything worse to him than what cartoons like Animaniacs have done. I was relieved to see an episode starring Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman, especially considering the episode that preceded Manbearpig.

Still you're right, it wouldn't have been that hard to write a better episode than that.
EricCartmanFatBoy

Postby EricCartmanFatBoy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:03 am

South Park has and will never suck as long as Trey Parker and Matt Stone "works" on it!

The Return of Chef and Tsst are two of the most funniest thing I've EVER seen in my life.. :D
"Well I dont want to say anything, Kyle but I think maybe this is what your family get's for being jewish on Christmas Time."

"Oh my science..."
pammy81

Postby pammy81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:13 am

I,ve watched south park since the beginning and i must say the earlier episodes was indeed very funny but some of the new episodes are a hit or miss, i think its to do with some of the characters for example i don't like timmy or jimmy they just annoy me. I think they need to go back to the beginnig and make the new episodes like them when it worked but i don't think it sucks i just think some of the episodes suck :wink:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”