The Danish Mohammed Cartoons

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

kneeslasher

Postby kneeslasher » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:11 pm

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote: I second that, but then again it's in the Koran (Is it spelled like that in English?) that your not allowed to make any kind of picture of god or his prophet.
But that's in the bible too! Like Michelangelo picturing the creation, at first he didn't wanted to paint it, because no one should paint god or jesus, but then he was threadened to do it, or sumthing (can't remember the whole story). But today we paint Jeus and God at such things all the time, and that is what I call civilization! Christians moved on! Just like, today, we don't burn people because we think they're avil anymore!

KirstenFromHell wrote:Excellent post MLZS__DA_SP_FAN.

Thank you man! Longest post I ever made on the BBS I think.. And thank you for backing me up ;)

Someone else also pointed in this thread that images of the Prophet have existed throughout history. See also my reply on the other thread:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=19554

As an Englisman and a follower of Islam myself, I found the Muslim countries' reactions reactions to be bizarre, and the actions of the contingent of English Muslims who demonstrated "Death to the UK" and such like was downright treasonous. Thankfully, these were in the vast minority amongst the Muslim populace.

Speaking politically, I suspect that the cartoons were just an opportunity for various factions in Muslim countries to vent their frustration at what they perceive to be a broad basket of injustices. In this cause, they frequently recruit ex-patriates and their descendant communities living in Europe and the States, a la the delegation of Imams which decided to add the pig pictures in order to "spice up" what were otherwise mainly political cartoons.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:49 pm

kneeslasher wrote:Speaking politically, I suspect that the cartoons were just an opportunity for various factions in Muslim countries to vent their frustration at what they perceive to be a broad basket of injustices. In this cause, they frequently recruit ex-patriates and their descendant communities living in Europe and the States, a la the delegation of Imams which decided to add the pig pictures in order to "spice up" what were otherwise mainly political cartoons.

Yeah, and the goverment's in the middle eastern countries where happy that they demonstrated that much, because then people wouldn't focus on the issued they have in their own countries.
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
JesusComplex

Re: The Danish Mohammed Cartoons

Postby JesusComplex » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:22 pm

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:And you wrote something like "now you know how it's like to be an american" but the Danish flag, I think, means much more to Danes than the american flag does to americans. It is called Danebrog and we treat it with respect and there are a lot of afficial laws on how to use it and so on. In denmark, for instance, it's illigal to put up an american flag, if you want to put anything but the danish flag ud you have to seek permission, but even though you get the permission you have to put up the danish flag above it and at least double as big.

We respect our flag. Flag Etiquette

Now, sometimes we don't follow all of the rules but that doesn't me we respect our flag any less. You were upset seeing your flag being burned and I get upset when I see my flag being burned.

I agree with you 100% on everything else, that's why I only pointed this out. :)
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:23 am

JesusComplex wrote:
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:And you wrote something like "now you know how it's like to be an american" but the Danish flag, I think, means much more to Danes than the american flag does to americans. It is called Danebrog and we treat it with respect and there are a lot of afficial laws on how to use it and so on. In denmark, for instance, it's illigal to put up an american flag, if you want to put anything but the danish flag ud you have to seek permission, but even though you get the permission you have to put up the danish flag above it and at least double as big.

Now, sometimes we don't follow all of the rules but that doesn't me we respect our flag any less. You were upset seeing your flag being burned and I get upset when I see my flag being burned.

I agree with you 100% on everything else, that's why I only pointed this out. :)

Thank you :D But you don't have official LAWS in the states do you?

nec

Postby nec » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:12 pm

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:
JesusComplex wrote:

Yeah we do, but they are about not burning the flag and such. If someone wants to put up other flags at their house with the USA flag, they can no questions asked. A lot of people have flags from other countries celebrating their birth nationalities and ethnic backgrounds. I've even been to several public events where the Canadian flag was waved in a prosession, along with the USA flag.
Hybrid_Hater

Postby Hybrid_Hater » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:50 am

If we had a law about burnin the flag it would probably impede upon the right to free speech, protest or some sh*t like that. And just cuase there aint a law doesnt mean I cant beat the sh*t outa those damn flag burning bitches.
Im walking on clouds and flippin off rainbows
Paladoris

Postby Paladoris » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:05 am

Whatev. It's just a piece of colored cloth. People burn it because they know it gets to people who are enamored with symbols.
cailindana

Postby cailindana » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:01 am

Yeah, people do it for what it represents and not the flag itself.

To quote Bill Hicks again - someone says to him:

"My Daddy died for the flag" and he replies:
"Yeah? Well, I bought mine in K-Mart so WTF?!"
Pog mo thoin
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:19 pm

nec wrote:
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:
JesusComplex wrote:

Yeah we do, but they are about not burning the flag and such. If someone wants to put up other flags at their house with the USA flag, they can no questions asked. A lot of people have flags from other countries celebrating their birth nationalities and ethnic backgrounds. I've even been to several public events where the Canadian flag was waved in a prosession, along with the USA flag.

Ok then :) didn't know that.. But we're a little more strict here in Denmark, but maybe that's just ignorant?

Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:22 pm

JesusComplex wrote:

See, the problem today is that America is waaaaay too symbolic. I think we need to focus just a little less on things like the flag and a little more on things like the actual country. Not that I don't like the flag, but there's a lot more to countries than just symbols.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:39 pm

kneeslasher wrote:Someone else also pointed in this thread that images of the Prophet have existed throughout history.

Yeah that was me. Check out my link on the first page. It's bullsh*t that nobody is allowed to draw a picture of Mohammed.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Tue May 02, 2006 5:26 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:
kneeslasher wrote:Someone else also pointed in this thread that images of the Prophet have existed throughout history.

Yeah that was me. Check out my link on the first page. It's bullsh*t that nobody is allowed to draw a picture of Mohammed.

yeah! and like I wrote in my post:

"
all of the pictures was published in the paper, and NOTHING happened, not until THREE MONTHS LATER. And the reason for the Muslims to get all pissed of was MUSLIMS. The Imams (Some kind of Muslim authority) travelled to the middle east showing Muslims pictures to everybody saying the Danes didn't respect there religion. But furthermore they showed a picture of this guy in a pigs mask saying he was a Dane too, but it later came out that it was from a French party or something. And that's why they got pissed of, mostly because of lies and exaggerations.
"

The Imams did this, and therefor, I'm hellar mad at them ;)

puderdocka

Postby puderdocka » Tue May 02, 2006 7:04 pm

This Mohammed thing is just so immature.
I totally support Denmark, muslims like this are crazy. They had to shut down a webpage that had post those pics because they maked threats. And burn ambassads, flags..etc from whole Europe, not just Denmark. Please! It isn't even Denmarks fault, only Jyllandsposten.
Can someone take these people back to the kindergarten, they might have escaped.
:?

brownCHEESE wrote:Vi fra Skandinavia må holde sammen

Jag är svensk, starta klubb? :P
Anledningen till att jag har den här texten på svenska är för att du inte ska förstå den!

Currently retired from the site. I'll be back within 100 years. /Puderdocka.
Ferdinand520

Postby Ferdinand520 » Thu May 04, 2006 10:23 pm

I just wish Europe wasnt full of hippie liberal douches. For example, France. There is two kinds of French people, Evil Frenchies, or Coward Frenchies. And what the hell, with the madrid bombing, I think it is an insult to those who parished on the trains to pull out of the war from it. Plus it shows the government doesnt want to defend itself.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”