The Danish Mohammed Cartoons

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Blaze87

Postby Blaze87 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:23 pm

What the hell? The BNP get support 'coz thats how people feel, like where i live all <and i mean all the muslims, arabs etc are compliaing about all the england flags up showing support of our team in the world cup, apparently the flags are racisist and a sybol of oppression.

Also i would like to point out that the fuss always seems to be coming from a small ethnic minority in some arab state. Yet still we have to 'respect their culture' but thats it, nothing about them respecting ours and after all it was THEM who came HERE. If i went there i'd respect their beliefs and keep quiet but while there in Our country they should do it for us - SHUT THE HELL UP AND FIT IN OR f*ck OFF.

I'm behind anyone willing to stick up for themselves inspite of terrorist bombing everyone - and those sighns? 'europe your 9/11 is coming' i mean as if they haven't turned enough people against them already.

I do accept that this is only a minority of muslims but They need to be kept under control i mean despite the di-vinci code there arn't really albino monks running around killing people.

Personally I think denmark and everywhere else should stick by their guns after all if they start a war thats one thing we do have plenty of.

Now if you don't mind i'm gonna go get a little high.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:33 pm

The problem is, it's damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Think of it this way - If Comedy Central let the show continue and they showed Mohammad uncensored, there could be a possible backlash by media and Muslims alike. The newspaper situation angered a lot of people who took it upon themselves to use violence as a way to release their anger. People were killed and the media didn't want to be caught up in a possible racial split. Therefore, they just didn't report much of it. They banned the cartoons (newspaper) from being aired again. IF South Park went and did what they did, just 'imagine' the kind of reaction. Hate mail, petitions, violence against the creators and the end result is that South Park is banned because Muslims were offended.

However, if South Park is censored, then the creators and the loyal legions of fans are angry that a show which has always been borderline and making fun of whatever they please has finally been censored because of Muslims. South Park makes fun of everything: Jews, Catholics, Scientologists, the list goes on and on... Why should the show be censored just because Muslims use violence in their protests? But this arguement has the lower number.

We will never have freedom of speech because out there, people will be offended and complain. And unfortunately, wrong will sometimes prevail because right has too little people behind them.

I believe that if South Park did air it, they should stand by it and refuse to back down. If the channel also refused to take them off the air despite everything, the controversy would eventually die down. But unfortunately, there was too much at stake.
Blaze87

Postby Blaze87 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:47 pm

Basicly we need a one nation to take a stand - then all those who agree can back it and those who don't can burn in the fiery depths of my ass.

And if i'm damed either way then i'm going with the do - at last then i have been damed for sticking up for myself and not for rolling over and being trampled over.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:17 pm

CartmanMills wrote:The problem is, it's damned if you do and damned if you dont.

They banned the cartoons (newspaper) from being aired again. IF South Park went and did what they did, just 'imagine' the kind of reaction. Hate mail, petitions, violence against the creators and the end result is that South Park is banned because Muslims were offended.

Nothing was banned in Denmark, they were taken to state court, but they were acquitted on all charges. The cartoons were, and are, fully legal here in Denmark, and he paper could print them again tomorrow if they wanted to..

Blaze87 wrote:Also i would like to point out that the fuss always seems to be coming from a small ethnic minority in some arab state. Yet still we have to 'respect their culture' but thats it, nothing about them respecting ours and after all it was THEM who came HERE. If i went there i'd respect their beliefs and keep quiet but while there in Our country they should do it for us - SHUT THE HELL UP AND FIT IN OR f*ck OFF.

Just like I said, it was those Imams who spread the word, and lied about it, down in the middle east.. But you're right about most of those things :D in my opinion
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:19 pm

Two words that are the catylist of this whole thing:

Political correctness.
Blaze87

Postby Blaze87 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:31 pm

See now thats were society starts to get stupid, i mean its one thing to stop racist rallys in the street but political correctness is just extreme. Its like now were not even allowed to complian when things piss us off - well thats their theory which like most theories doesn't work. It just harbours hatered.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:43 pm

Fudge, Political Correctness.. Right, fergot 'bout that one.. But showing Muhammed standing there, handing a salman helmet to family guy isn't that big a deal.. and if it is, then muslims are f*cking stupid..

CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:44 pm

Political Correctness gone mad:

Christmas? No. Winter Holiday.
Easter? No. Bunny Day

Ahh PC... you love to hate it :lol:
Blaze87

Postby Blaze87 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:50 pm

No, i just hate it. Like everything else in the world that takes things to far and restricts what i can say in a place where there is supposed to be free speach.
Sharpy69

Postby Sharpy69 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:45 pm

i believe in free speach and gay crap like hat but by showing mohhammad (PBUH) in south park , super best friends and cartoon wars was ok as it was for a purpose and stuff and it doesn't offend people as its not well bad...in the infamous words of Raoul Duke i cant explain myself in this climate

however pictures of your prophet as a terrorist is wrong and i have a point evidence and explain this belief (just like GCSE english)

1 cartoons impply that mohammad (PBUH) promotes terrism and stuff
2 koran and his teaching do not NOT say stuff about havin more than 1 wife, women being unequal, women wearing tents i mean gigantic black things that make desurt heat as bad as a acid bath
and most importantly it doesn't promote terrorism. wars are to be honourable, no killing of all non-combatants women children old peeps and disarmed men
3 all it is is a few bad apples ruining the barrel, most muslims not into the things above are good people and i personally think that ISlam is a pretty good religion, makes more sense than Christ, ie adam and eve's sons got married to some women who appeared for no reason

ALSO i like the overreaction of the muslims
it was a few danish cartoons
so they put stuff like kill all whites (even non danish bacon people), provokeing the people who weren't involved
then they wonder why the police raid their houses thinking their are terrorists

this extreme stuff feeds support to BNP and extremists who want them out

simple politics

also people say that BNP have cleaned up their act
so did Hitler and then once he got his power brought out his old way of thought he abolished freedoms and oppressed religions and then wiped 6 million cilviians of the globe

history has a way of repeating itself

PS Xmas lights = winter lights
RIDING IN MY CLIO, POPPING MY COLLA
SEE SOME FINE BENCHES I HAFTA HOLLA
italic BOLD AND THE ALMIGHTY galla
I'M SHARPY kraut THE ORGINAL BALLA
BUST OUT MY NINE DO YA FOLLA?

FeCK THE POLICE
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:16 pm

Man, I can't believe I've only just read this thread.

MLZS, the first post you made was so f*cking right man. The fact that this didn't escalade until 3 months after they were published is the thing that angers me the most about the whole situation.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:20 pm

Jay C wrote:Man, I can't believe I've only just read this thread.

MLZS, the first post you made was so f*cking right man. The fact that this didn't escalade until 3 months after they were published is the thing that angers me the most about the whole situation.

It takes a while for news to get around.
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:57 pm

I get what MLZS is saying and about the children's book thing, but if it was supposed to be harmless than how come Mohammed's hat looks like a bomb? Not all Muslims are into bombs and violence.

Anyway, I totally follow what's being said here. I don't really get what all those Muslims were pissed off about b/c it's not like the Danes took an actual picture of Mohammed. They didn't go in a time machine and take a picture of the real Mohammed. They just took a picture of what they thought he could have looked like. Heck, their picture isn't even based on anything! They just drew a Middle Eastern guy. Who says it's Mohammed? It's just a false image of Mohammed, is what it is, so I dont get why they were all huffy. People draw pictures of Jesus all the time. Is Mohammed any more sacred than Jesus?

Anyway, I think it was kind of wise that Comedy Central refused to let Matt and Trey show Mohammed in "Cartoon Wars." For one, it was okay that they did it in "Super Best Friends." That was before 9/11 when no one was really on their toes over terrorism. It was a different time. No, I don't think that Osama bin Laden probably knows anything about South Park or ever watched an episode, but that doesn't mean that information cannot be passed to him. It was lucky that people in the Middle East never found out about "Super Best Friends," but I don't think they really cared as much as they do now. Now they're feeling conceited, like they can take us all down.
Last edited by MissingOctober on Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharpy69

Postby Sharpy69 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:30 pm

also one last funny thing...those cartoons had been round over a year until the *backlash*

all the protestors saw a bandwagon and they jumped right on

ever noticed that all people think they have it the worse off

muslims cause they think everyone is against them..why are we...not all muslims but the extremists think they are special (they say their tolerate of other religions but there are LAWS banning people changing religions and if you aint born muslim u aint one supposedly, especially in special extreme middle east. and the whole women are equal thing

americans/europeans/british cause they must be politically correct or have gay riots and threats and backlash

*ghetto* cause they think they "can't get work in a biased world"
nuff said

south americans/spainish/portoricans and 'those people' im sorry but that sounds so racist, there is a word like latio or summit for them..that is so racist...those people
cause they do have special rules..i went to watch a mans football game in spain and it was a small riot but in england anything like that and you would be fined..certain rules for outsiders but not for them
RIDING IN MY CLIO, POPPING MY COLLA
SEE SOME FINE BENCHES I HAFTA HOLLA
italic BOLD AND THE ALMIGHTY galla
I'M SHARPY kraut THE ORGINAL BALLA
BUST OUT MY NINE DO YA FOLLA?

FeCK THE POLICE
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:05 pm

[quote="The_Paper_Boy":2e221][quote="Jay C":2e221]Man, I can't believe I've only just read this thread.

MLZS, the first post you made was so f*cking right man. The fact that this didn't escalade until [b:2e221]3 months[/b:2e221] after they were published is the thing that angers me the most about the whole situation.[/quote:2e221]

It takes a while for news to get around.[/quote:2e221]

First of all, thanks, Jay C.
Second of all, Paper Boy, the news didn't have to get around, those Imams just made a big deal about it, by lieing too!!

[quote="MissingOctober":2e221]I get what MLZS is saying and about the children's book thing, but if it was supposed to be harmless than how come Mohammed's hat looks like a bomb? Not all Muslims are into bombs and violence. [/quote:2e221]

The writer of the book didn't want that, the paper "Jyllands Posten" just got kinda 'mad' that we have to cencor ourselves because we're afraid of the muslim's reaction.. So they made a few cartoon drawers make offending cartoons with Mohammed, yea offending, that was the point. In one of the pictures it's a cartoon of a boy drawing Mohammed on a blackboard and writing next to it, in arabic: "The guys at Jyllands Posten are gonna get burned for showing Mohammed!"

Return to “General South Park Discussion”