Why did A Million Little Fibers and Manbearpig suck?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

9sam1

Postby 9sam1 » Mon May 01, 2006 10:35 pm

jdans wrote:you have to watch it more than once for it to be funny.
I agree, the first time I saw those two episodes they were OK, but after I saw each one again, I caught on to many more jokes and it was much funnier.

agreed, i watched it before and didnt laugh much , but then me n my freind watched again nad where laughing are asses off , i think maybe south park should stop doing episodes based on like topics that are happing now and all that
EXCELSIOR!
namblamember021

Postby namblamember021 » Wed May 03, 2006 1:43 am

Manbearpig and Al Gore WERE NOT FUNNY! Half the episode was Al Gore saying "I'm super cereal" or something about Manbearpig. Cartman's "i'm seriously" is a much funnier phrase. Screw you guys, I'm going home
BrianSmith

Postby BrianSmith » Wed May 03, 2006 8:54 am

Wow. One intelligent, on topic post. Here's a question. Does anyone know of some South Park boards where everyone posting is not a reactionary child? I'd like to discuss these kinds of things with people who can articulate an argument without sinking to the level of personal insult. Someone who disagreed with me, yet knew how to have a conversation on an adult level would be preferable to this forum. You know, somewhere where someone might post, "I disagree", then follow that up with a logical argument biased on what I had presented so that I might provide a logical rebuttal biased on what they presented and then we could all come to a consensus. Is that really too much to ask?
Butters Stotch100

Postby Butters Stotch100 » Wed May 03, 2006 9:14 am

If u actually thought about it u whould know that they made fun of oprah in a million little fibres and al gore in manbearpig and i thought they were really great eps.
Paladoris

Postby Paladoris » Wed May 03, 2006 10:09 am

BrianSmith wrote:Wow. One intelligent, on topic post. Here's a question. Does anyone know of some South Park boards where everyone posting is not a reactionary child? I'd like to discuss these kinds of things with people who can articulate an argument without sinking to the level of personal insult. Someone who disagreed with me, yet knew how to have a conversation on an adult level would be preferable to this forum. You know, somewhere where someone might post, "I disagree", then follow that up with a logical argument biased on what I had presented so that I might provide a logical rebuttal biased on what they presented and then we could all come to a consensus. Is that really too much to ask?

This is probably the best you'll do. Read the Sticky posts specific to the episodes in the Spoilers/New Episode Discussion. These little threads that say the same sh*t that's already been said usually don't yield much intelligent conversation, one reason being that we've already talked about it in the specified thread, and the other being that usually if someone starts a post like this, they're morons and only morons respond. See above....
Actually i just have to reply to the above post...

OH! Oh...REALLY? No...REALLY!!!??? Man, i never thought of it that way..fu...f*ck! You must be one of them college kids! A Million Little Fibers made fun of Oprah? When? Please explain the symbolism to me! And where was Al Gore in Manbearpig?? Where, ohmigawd! I wish I had a brain as stunning and as powerful as yours, please tell me more! gad, i guess you're right, if you actually DO think about it, you can kind of see how they're making fun of those two. Man! what will they think up next? I'm sure you know, being such a smart cookie and all. Do you know what they'll make fun of next, based on your intense analyzation of these shows? Do ya? Huh? HUH!!!???

Edit: Just read your original post, Brian, and the post I just ripped on actually makes sense, even though it's completely retarded out of context. Yes, Oprah and Al Gore, James Frey, even stoners! They haven't been quite so politically charged, but they've still been ripping on people. I mean, there are plenty of episodes over the course of South Park's run that havent made fun of anybody, that have just been about a backwards mountain town. Anything but boring, however. They're not just social commentators, they're writers, Trey especially being interested in writing good stories whether they have application to pop culture or whether they're just good, funny stories.
Access Denied

Postby Access Denied » Wed May 03, 2006 9:43 pm

Matt and Trey are getting better as they make more episodes. People who don't like these episodes obviously don't have a very great taste.
RAppel

Postby RAppel » Wed May 03, 2006 10:22 pm

What gives you the right to dictate (?) good and bad taste?
DVDA - Now You're A Man
http://www.tinyurl.dk/9507
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Wed May 03, 2006 11:04 pm

Access Denied wrote:Matt and Trey are getting better as they make more episodes. People who don't like these episodes obviously don't have a very great taste.

Oh dear, another clueless n00b.

First, you hate on one of my favorite characters, then you insult KB, and now you insult my tastes.

Now, you need to give other people the right to their opinion.
Moniqa

Postby Moniqa » Wed May 03, 2006 11:26 pm

A major plus point was the way they put the whole 'book club' buisness to the light. Everybody who is on oprah brings some book to promote.
Moniqa
davidtylr

Postby davidtylr » Thu May 04, 2006 12:34 am

A million fibers sucked but manbearpig was just ok wasn't great though. Towelie is a good charicter but the episode didn't do him any justice.
skittles12149

Postby skittles12149 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:38 am

i thought they were both funny! screw you guys :evil:
im bored....

~my skittlesness is more awsome than yours~
u_killed_kenny10

Postby u_killed_kenny10 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:46 am

I think both of them are awesome
CrazyFan1

Postby CrazyFan1 » Thu May 04, 2006 1:07 am

I thought both episodes sucked, but not for the same reasons as the original poster. During the towelie episode, I turned it off halfway through because it was that lame and boring.

The ManBearPig episode sucked because the "cereal" joke was funny the first time, but after repeating it 20 more times, it was just stupid and annoying. It's like, yeah ok. We get the joke, for chrissakes!

And they say Family Guy reuses the same jokes over and over again. At least they don't do it 20 times in one episode.

In more general terms, South Park is becoming predictable. Despite the attempts at shock value and the fake censorship trick, it just isn't working anymore.
willthegreater

Treasure

Postby willthegreater » Thu May 04, 2006 5:47 am

Manbearpig was awesome...They should make Manbearpig T-shirts. I would buy one!

One of my favorite quotes from that ep:
"Did Cartman just crap treasure?"
How about a taco that craps ice cream?
SouthofHeaven

Postby SouthofHeaven » Thu May 04, 2006 6:14 am

They most certainly did not suck! The episodes I feel will grow on most people over time. :D
Who's a jigga wha?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”