Why did A Million Little Fibers and Manbearpig suck?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

NutGoblinMiles

ManBearPig- was there a memo I didn't get?

Postby NutGoblinMiles » Wed May 31, 2006 4:26 am

Specifically concerning ManBearPig...did I miss something that Al Gore did recently or was he just the target of the week?

Just for the record, A Milliion Little Fibers was hilarious and a nice change of format.
iceiwynd

Re: ManBearPig- was there a memo I didn't get?

Postby iceiwynd » Wed May 31, 2006 1:35 pm

NutGoblinMiles wrote:Specifically concerning ManBearPig...did I miss something that Al Gore did recently or was he just the target of the week?

Don't worry, I missed that one, too, until I looked it up. I just ignored the political aspect of it and sat back and enjoyed the episode for what it was: one of the boys' adventures.

The reason for Al Gore, though, is because he is/was making a movie on global warming, and we all know Matt and Trey's stance on that. e_e Because, you know, dropping it and finding something better to pick on or, better yet, coming up with a completely original story would be too hard.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Wed May 31, 2006 11:35 pm

They didn't, that's just your opinion.
Steveo2006.co.uk

Re: Why did A Million Little Fibers and Manbearpig suck?

Postby Steveo2006.co.uk » Wed May 31, 2006 11:59 pm

BrianSmith wrote:I have figured it out. Why did A Million Little Fibers and Manbearpig suck? Simple. No one ripping on or making fun of anyone. Think about it. Matt and Trey have always said that they will not draw lines and say that it is ok to make fun of this but not to make fun of that because when you do that, then you really are a racist or a bigot. If you say that it is ok to make fun of Jews but not Muslims, then you are anti-Semitic, but if you make no distinction, then you simply make fun of people, which unites people rather than dividing them. In Manbearpig, you had all four boys together, but no one calling anyone a fatass or a dumb Jew or anything. That's why it sucked. Without the element of ripping on people, whether it be children calling each other names or real social commentary, it's just a show about a boring, backwards mountain town. What fun about that?

Dude are you kidding? Million Little Fibers owned i was practically pissing myself with laughter at the things between Oprahs Minge and ass that sh*t was comedy genius
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:44 am

I think people need to stop hoping to god that the next episode is super funny. If I see a bad episode then I just shrug it off and say " There are a lot better ones." It's a T.V. show. Don't let it become your life.
cartmans_a_fat_fuka

Postby cartmans_a_fat_fuka » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:13 am

What the hell is wrong with you?!?
Both those episodes were awesome...
Not the best, but how the hell do THEY suck?
greengurl

Postby greengurl » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:38 am

anything with Towelieeeee rocks!
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:41 am

You bumped a thread which hadn't been posted in for about 6 weeks to say that?

Find a chatroom. e_e
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:13 am

A Million Little Fibers kinda sucked (Towelie was good but Oprah's orifices phailed) but Manbearpig kicked ass.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:37 pm

Those two episodes didn't suck, they're good enough to buy on DVD and that's good enough for me.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:42 pm

Manbearpig did not suck. At all.

A Million Little Fibers was not one of the better episodes of this is season, in my opinion, but did I think it sucked? No, not really. It was kind of just a bizzare and pointless episode. Matt and Trey probably didn't have any ideas that week.

For the record, Manbearpig is one of my favorite episodes this season so far.
Faithbound

Postby Faithbound » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:52 am

I liked both of the episodes. I like A Million Little Fibers more than any other episodes this season. I have not seen Tsst yet though.
InchyAlly

Postby InchyAlly » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:12 pm

A Million Little Fibers was sh*t. It just wasn't funny at all. The parts with Towelie were watchable, but the part with Oprah's parts were boring and disgusting. Manbearpig was alright, but I tried watching it a second time and didn't laugh once.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:13 am

Million Little Fibers was okay, MBP a bit better. MBP pissed me off because ten-year-olds start saying serial.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:39 am

I didn't think either of them sucked, although I was very disappointed with AMLF. It would have fit in more in one of the earlier seasons of SP when the show was still in the process of defining its boundaries. To place it right after the Cartoon Wars episodes though, when most fans' expectations were considerably higher, may not have been the best move.

As for Manbearpig, I agree with what was said earlier. Consider that Al Gore's character was only trying to get attention for himself because he's a whiny loser. If you ignore him and focus on the boys and their perious escape, the episode is far more enjoyable. The global warming metaphor was only superficial; I saw a much more universal metaphor for anyone who makes sh*t up just to make themselves the center of attention. At the time the BBS was being hit by a certain troll, who isn't worth mentioning by name, and he was acting pretty much the same way: using the same inflammatory arguments over and over again, insisting that he is fighting for a just cause, and then whining and complaining when nobody takes him "serial". :D

Return to “General South Park Discussion”