Why did A Million Little Fibers and Manbearpig suck?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

KirstenFromHell

Postby KirstenFromHell » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:20 pm

Regardless of whether or not they agree with him, I think it would've been only fair for them to at least have seen the movie Al Gore was making at the time before spoofing it. If nothing else it would've made for more pointed satire. Not to mention the fact that, well, global warming is almost certainly real. But that's another argument altogether.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:35 am

They didn’t. At least, man bear pig didn’t. Unless you’re a dirty little hippy who has to smoke a pound of crack every day so you aren’t sick from the taste of the sh*t that spews from your mouth at the environmental rallies and anti-war marches you attend. Big Gay Al Gore needed the roasting he got in that episode, he just needed it before the death of his political career, which Matt and Trey unfortunately waited for before they attacked him. Serially, who thought he’d even be one of the candidates for the Democrat vote in the 2008 elections? Not me, I knew Rodham’s lust for another term in office would get the better of the party. But what you said aboot that episode with the talking genitalia; too true. The single consolatory thought that my mind can muster aboot this episode’s quality (or, to be more precise, lack of quality) regards the statement by Trey and Matt that the character constructed using the accursed million little fibres of the title was made to fulfil the dark desire of one of them to make ‘the worst character idea in the world a reality’ or something to that degree, and for that reason it would thus follow that this episode was deliberately created to fulfil their desire of making ‘the worst episode idea in existence a reality.’ Because if that was their plan, they’ve succeeded with the flying colours I’d usually associate with the duo and their substantial successes. So, you were half right; A Million Little Fibres Sucked it’s own Grandpa’s balls. Now, to answer your initial question in the way you probably intended (i.e. Actually referring to the said episode), the Towlie one sucked because aboot half the show consisted of a faint voiceover plotting against a fat woman who isn’t even that popular anymore accompanied by a still screen of her unattractive genitalia, whilst the other half had the least understandable (and somehow still unworthy of the toilet it escaped into from someone’s overactive bowels) plot devised with subtle references to an issue that doesn’t even exist (Towelism) and, above all, no sign of the darling little children :chaos:! As has (sort of) been alluded to above, ManBearPig mightn’t appeal to you because you have similar politics (and intelligence) to the man himself, disagree with the message aboot his motivations ( it suggests that he’s an attention seeking fool who doesn’t really care aboot the environment but would make anything into a big issue for others to hate and rally round him to hate. However, if you take offence at a bit of satire, South Park isn’t for you, and neither is a free society; go to China you commie!) and actually support him, or possibly you misinterpreted it as an attack on ‘ManBearPig’ itself (while the show doesn’t seem to think much of the environment, this episode wasn’t against it as such, just the way it’s been politicised). Or you might have just found it unfunny, coz you don’t have a sense of humour.
wizard_man

Postby wizard_man » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:40 am

^ tits :shock:
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:48 am

^ tits

Not just Tits. Really big Oprah Winfry Tits![/quote]
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 am

Why would you bother to bump a nearly year-old thread?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:40 am

SuperMaids wrote:
^ tits

Not just Tits. Really big Oprah Winfry Tits!

No, those are Aretha Franklin tits right there. Lift up one of those big bad boys... or girls, and all sorts of half eaten pastries and a whole turkey will fall out. That's how tits that is.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:11 am

Why would you bother to bump a nearly year-old thread?

why would i bther to bump this thread? Perhaps because i'm a total n00b on this thread, perhaps because it's actually a good topic that was just getting forgotten aboot; why was AMLF so bad? Almost every SP related forum on the net says it's the worst episode around (except this thread, seemingly made of the type of people with a little shrine dedicated to Trey and Matt by their bed, believing they can do no avarage). But as i said, why soe people thing MBP is such an awful episode, when it's one of the funniest in recent sieriese, i don't know and think should be discussed.
redkorn

Postby redkorn » Wed May 02, 2007 8:25 pm

Are you kidding me!? These were some of the best episodes I had ever seen, especially manbearpig. How could you ever say it sucked and how can you say that nobody got ripped on, Oprah probably tried to sue Matt and Trey for all the S**t that was said about her in a million little fibres and the fact that manbearpig made Al Gore (or however the hell you spell that) look like a complete artard. And I have to ask again, if you reflect on manbearpig one last time, how can it suck? :shock:
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu May 03, 2007 12:38 am

Hey, nobody sane said Manbearpig sucked; it was one of the funniest episodes of recent sieriese. A Million Little Fibers didn't suck either, but it did suck for an episode of the best show on TV. (not to sound too fanboyish here)
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu May 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Up until AMLF, Erection Day and Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina were tied for worst episode ever. AMLF blew them out of the water in ways I never thought possible. AMLF wasn't worth the time I wasted watching it, and it was a godly waste of time for the talented staff at SPS. I didn't laugh once, I didn't even manage to crack a smile. It was f*cking retarded. I have yet to hear ANYONE come up with a reasonable, non-pot induced defense of that episode.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Thu May 10, 2007 2:44 am

Yeah, I agree with everyone. AMLF was a total letdown. They took what was once a perfect character and chopped him up. The best Towelie ep. ever was "Towelie" and in season 6th they f*cked him up with the guitar playing. Then, in AMLF they made him talk too much, his voice was diff., and they showed us Oprah's private parts talking. Seriously, was anyone even trying?

I never thought it was possible, but I gues there's such a thing as "too much of a good thing." Towelie was good but we've seen too much of him. They've turned him badly commercial.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”