What was the first SP episode you saw?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Fri May 12, 2006 2:47 pm

hhhmmm, This is a good thread Goth Butters. Im suprized now body made one sooner. Well the first ep i saw was Volcano. I started watching from the start when i was 4-3.
Because when i was young my older bro used to let me watch somtimes and i started from there. I got scared when Cartman looked evil the the volcano lol.

My brothers first episode was Cartman gets a anal probe because he was 12 when it started!
Sharpy69

Postby Sharpy69 » Fri May 12, 2006 3:26 pm

since i live in that rock across the pond from most of you guys(i live in UK) SP took a while to get past the censors but i saw the UK premiere of SP full stop. the alien probe. end of my innosense as i was 8 at the time. had my mouth washed out with soap for ages. SP has brainwashed my fragile little....
RIDING IN MY CLIO, POPPING MY COLLA
SEE SOME FINE BENCHES I HAFTA HOLLA
italic BOLD AND THE ALMIGHTY galla
I'M SHARPY kraut THE ORGINAL BALLA
BUST OUT MY NINE DO YA FOLLA?

FeCK THE POLICE
KennyDragon

Postby KennyDragon » Fri May 12, 2006 5:29 pm

I was 12 the first time I saw South Park .It was August 1998 and the episode was The Mexican Staring Frog of Sri I've been hooked ever since. Sometimes I consider it a passage into adult hood since it was the first MA program I ever watched heh..
Power of the dragon
Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Fri May 12, 2006 5:32 pm

Cool.
I felt after i watched a few episodes i was addicted. Im being Serial
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Fri May 12, 2006 6:52 pm

Hehe, I remember my first time very well. I watched it through the slats in my brother's bedroom door on the premiere night. I was totally confused and enthralled by it, and all excited because it was so bad and I was supposed to be asleep.

I've followed it on and off from the very beginning ^__^;

The first time I ACTUALLY watched it all the way through, though, was at a sleepover. It was a replay of the first episode, maybe a week or so after it premiered. It's weird, Stan's almost exactly a year younger than I am XD.
Rusty_chainsaw

Postby Rusty_chainsaw » Fri May 12, 2006 7:06 pm

I went home to my friend, I was having fun on his P.C. (No, not that kind of fun, I was like... 8?) And suddenly he called me and I said "What?" and he said "Sit down and watch this rocks!", I watched through the show and been hooked ever since, it was the detective episode where they get butters to give a semen sample. XD
IloveKyle11235

Postby IloveKyle11235 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:07 pm

I was also pissed that I didn't get to see Kenny die the first time I saw it. It was in the fourth grade I saw, Butters Very Own Episode. I was only nine so I didn't understand the humor in it, but then it took me until the sixth grade to watch another which was Red Hot Catholic Love and I thought it was hilarious. I felt really bad ass for watching south park, but now I've seen basically every episode and its my favorie show!
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Fri May 12, 2006 9:26 pm

The first episode I ever saw was Cartmanland. My friend had this Kenny statue thing, and he told me it was a good show. So I watched it. I had to watch the Mexican Staring Frog with my mom because she wanted to see what it was like. She thought it was fine, and I've been watching it obsessively ever since.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri May 12, 2006 11:17 pm

When I was about eight and at my cousins' in Toronto, I was running around their house with my cousin, Ashley, who is about three years older than me. We entered her parents' room, where her older brother, Ryan, was watching South Park. It was City on the Edge of Forever. I came in at the point where the kid in the red shirt's blood and skeleton comes flying right at the bus... It scared the hell out of me and then I decided that the show was disgusting, repulsive, and should never be watched.

During a later visit, when BLU was out in theaters, Ashley asked me if I wanted to go see it. I asked her what South Park was, and she said that it was a cartoon, so I agreed. We got to the theater with her mom, and I saw a poster for it... and recognized the style, and refused to watch it. (I now kick myself for that stupid moment, although taking an eight-year-old to see BLU is kinda irresponsible.)

August 2005 now. I met a friend through the Foster's fandom who never shut up about South Park, despite my yelling at her not to, because I hated the show. Finally I gave in and, on my 14th birthday, told her that I'd go watch it. Ike's Wee Wee was on.

I'm close to a year of fangirly obsession now. <3 Longest time for any of my fandoms and still very strong.
Gothic_Butters

Postby Gothic_Butters » Fri May 12, 2006 11:30 pm

wow, some of you must be young, seeing to your responses of how old you were and what episode you saw. kick ass this is interesting
region7cards

Postby region7cards » Fri May 12, 2006 11:34 pm

i was in 6th grade when i saw my first episode. i think it was an episode in the 1st or 2nd season because i remember thinking the animation sucked. i really didn't get hooked until about last year
Debmaster

Postby Debmaster » Fri May 12, 2006 11:47 pm

The first episode ever saw was "Spookyfish" when my brother was having a party. At first i thought Cartman's catchphrase was "hella" but it turned out it was "screw you guys, im goin home". I didn't expect Kenny dieing and thought he was being killed off.
sthprkrules

Postby sthprkrules » Sat May 13, 2006 12:13 am

I was ten when I started watching. My dad was watching TV in 99, and the South Park movie came on. And I'd never heard of the show before (sadly). Anyway, it ended with the line "Son, we accidentally replaced your heart with a baked potato. You have about three seconds to live. And Kenny goes WHAT! And his heart starts to swell. And my stupid ass brother goes "I don't get it, so did he have a heart attack?" And my dad said "No, he had a potato attack." And being ten, I found that funny. Then about a month later, I was at a friends house. He had a blank tape that said "South Park" on the side. Our parent's were gone so we put it on thinking it was the movie (unaware of the show). But it was actually two episodes! The first one was An Elephant f*cks A Pig (I call it what Trey calls it) and the second one was Two Guys IN A Hottub. I thought they were both f*cking hilarious. I went home to my newly gotten satelite and searched for South Park, sure enough, NEW EPISODE! It was a Wednesday haha! So that night, I watched Timmy! 2000. The next day, I got all my friends to come over and watch the tape I made. They all laughed there asses off. We thought the Christina Aguilera bug thing was hilarious. Then we started watching it every week, and our favorite thing was always to see how Kenny died. If I couldn't see it, I'd call up my friends after it was over and the first thing I'd ask "How did Kenny die this time?" I was bummed when they took out, and bummed when they stopped killing him, it MADE HIM FUNNY! Oh well, it's Trey and Matt's show, they'll do what they want I suppose. Anyway, that's my story! Been watching it, buying the DVDS and merch, talking about it, getting others interested in it etc. ever since. It even made me want to become an animated comedy show writer, which I'm taking college classes NOW to do so! Thanks Matt and Trey! lol (seriously though) Okay I'll shut up >< God I always ramble....
You told me you won that whale at Chuck E. Cheese!
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Sat May 13, 2006 12:31 am

tweekedkenny wrote:I was 9... I think. I saw The Lord of the Rings one. I had to watch in secretive for a few years before my dad let me watch it.

That was my first eqisode also. The Lord of the Rings, Return to the Two Towers, and it was several years ago. I remember I was at my friend Wes's house, and he was obsessed with this South Park, so he insisted we watch it. I remember not wanting to watch it, but as soon as I started to watch it, I was hooked! I remember being somewhat confused, considering that they were all dressed in their like wizards and paladins, etc, and then I was completely condused that Kenny's soul was inside Cartman, but then I started watching every episode I could and caught on pretty quick.
GothKidsDance

Postby GothKidsDance » Sat May 13, 2006 1:25 am

Such a long time ago, I'm not sure I remember which one, although I know it was season one of the original airing on comedy central, because I'd never heard of it before. I remember flipping through the channels and thinking what's this? I think it was probably Mecha-Streisand. And I didn't stop laughing from the time I started watching until it was over.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”