What was the first SP episode you saw?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

chodestone

Postby chodestone » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:44 am

I was living in the Philippines at the time when South Park first came out, and we didn't get it on cable there and then. I had heard a little about it from friends living in Australia, but didn't get to see it until 1999 when I came home.

As if it were a perfect gift to me, the Australian networks had decided to replay Season 1 and I managed to catch Cartman Gets an Anal Probe as my first ever episode. Absolutely brilliant.

Every year, I re watch the entire collection of South Park in between one season finishing on TV and another restarting. Thats about 3 months to get through 150-odd episodes, so thats about two a day. I often pick up on new things that I missed previously, but lately it seems I can remember the scripts from memory, that's just how familiar I am with it. Sometimes i wish i hadn't done this, cause it might make the episodes not as funny to me.
dan_09

wot u sed

Postby dan_09 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:20 pm

chodestone wrote:I was living in the Philippines at the time when South Park first came out, and we didn't get it on cable there and then. I had heard a little about it from friends living in Australia, but didn't get to see it until 1999 when I came home.

As if it were a perfect gift to me, the Australian networks had decided to replay Season 1 and I managed to catch Cartman Gets an Anal Probe as my first ever episode. Absolutely brilliant.

Every year, I re watch the entire collection of South Park in between one season finishing on TV and another restarting. Thats about 3 months to get through 150-odd episodes, so thats about two a day. I often pick up on new things that I missed previously, but lately it seems I can remember the scripts from memory, that's just how familiar I am with it. Sometimes i wish i hadn't done this, cause it might make the episodes not as funny to me.
well i agree but south park is quite old n i bet none of u hav played on south park races!!! :D
Betog34

Postby Betog34 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:29 am

i was about 11 years old when i saw the episode of the zombies i laughed my ass off, ever sence i have been a SP fan.
silvergull

Postby silvergull » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:45 pm

the first episode i saw was mr hankey the christmas poo when i was at my uncles house i was only 8 then but still thought it really helarious because i started watching just at the bit where cartman sings "kyles mom is a stupid b*tch"

(my uncle has seen every single episode ever made and since he lives out in australia he dosnt get new episodes straight away so he bought 8mb internet just for south park watching lol)
Whipstickagostop

Postby Whipstickagostop » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:14 am

When SP first came on,Comedy Central use to be one of those channels that you had to buy rather than just being part of it.So I never got to watch it until the 3rd season.The first episode I saw was Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery. That was the first day our cable company added comedy central and it was amazing! Ive been hooked on SP ever since.
jeb134

Postby jeb134 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:03 pm

I was deprived as a child and didn't have cable until 2001, and I was home alone and can't remember what I was watching on Comedy Central, but when it ended the disclaimer came up, and I figured I'd watch South Park because everyone would talk about how funny it was. The episode was "Timmy, 2000" and I laughed my ass off (especially during the ADD ad) and got hooked and now I have all of the seasons on DVD, the desk calendar, wall calendar, and am eagerly awaiting season 11.
lee k

Postby lee k » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:51 pm

i saw cartman gets an anal probe 1st it was all hyped about by the time it got over here, i remember it was on late tho and i stayed up to watch it and was half alseep by the time it came on. :shock:
Galnnestino

Postby Galnnestino » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:54 pm

I think I was 11 (9 years ago) when I saw the show for the first time. I watched it with my older sister who was already a fan of Southpark. The episode was 'Chickenpox'. Since that episode I'm a very big fan!
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:45 pm

The first ep I ever saw was 'The Jeffersons' - I just happened to stumble on it on Youtube and I didn't think I was going to like it, come to find out I was hooked right then.
south_park_addicted

Postby south_park_addicted » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:07 pm

the first south park episode that i ever seen was Chicken Lover
i was over at my friends house and he had it on vhs i belive.
unl337

Postby unl337 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:39 am

I was being babysat, and my babysitter and her boyfriend put it on. It was the Damien episode, if I remember correctly. :twisted:
Thinking is for squares.
1tslozac

first episode

Postby 1tslozac » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:30 am

hi gothic_butters! i think ur name is so cool and so is your avatar!!!!!!! oh and i remember wat was my first episode!the first episode i saw was you killed kenny!
lisa8476

Postby lisa8476 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:17 am

Death was the first one I ever saw- it was like 9 yrs ago before our cable company even had Comedy Central. My friend Sarah had a satellite and she recorded a bunch of episodes for me to watch...wow it doesn't seem like it was that long ago lol
lisa g. ;)
"come on, baby, in our dreams, we can live our misbehavior" -the arcade fire
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:20 am

I remember the first episode I saw!

I saw Towelie over at one of my friends' house. It was Junior year for me, but my parents didn't have cable. I laughed pretty good at the ridiculousness of that episode. It was a couple years before I could really see it with any consistency though.
NuGGet117

Postby NuGGet117 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:50 am

Woodland Critter Christmas

Return to “General South Park Discussion”