Best Holiday Episodes

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Kyle_K321

Best Holiday Episodes

Postby Kyle_K321 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:36 pm

Ok, I've seen alot of best episode best season etc.

But I have yet to see a "best holiday episode" thread yet, so here goes.

Which is the best holiday South Park episode ever? Christmas or Halloween (I dont think any other holiday eps were ever done, correct me if wrong)

I would have to vote for

Pink Eye - First ep i ever saw and I still cant watch the scene where the boys are staniding at the bis stop in the costumes and Cartman says to Kenny " Kenny, Im talking to you...Atchung Kenny...Poor peice of crap" without laughing my ass off.

Followed closely by Woodland Critter Chrismas - Blood Orgy Blood Orgy
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:48 pm

I would go with Pinkeye, but I haven't watched it in some time...
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:05 pm

I think Helen Keller the Musical is supposed to be Thanksgiving. If not umm............ Woodland Critter Christmas.

EDIT:Starvin Marvin is Thanksgiving I'm going with that.
Last edited by tweekedkenny on Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:50 pm

I have a few of them. The first Christmas special, the 3rd Christmas special (Singing One), and Woodland Critter Christmas. I like Woodland Critter Chritsmas the best.
Kennyrox666

Postby Kennyrox666 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:58 pm

Def initly Woodland Critter Christmas, but second is a tie between pinkeye and Merry Christman Charley Manson because you get to see Cartman's whole family. :lol:
Ok, who stold my stuff...?
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:25 am

Hmmm, Best holiday episode, thats a good question, I would have to say Red Sleigh Down The whole episode was just simply hilarious
windigo21

Postby windigo21 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:01 am

I have to say Christmas in Canada. It was funny as hell the first time I saw it, and the longer I live here, the funnier I think it is. The best part is that my dad's name is Steve.
The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
jewbetcha

Postby jewbetcha » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:11 am

I have to go with Christmas In Canada, handsdown. It's my all-time favourite episode. Any episode where they get away with saying 'bullsh*t' when they're not supposed to have is awesome. Plus, Cartman crying like that makes me laugh just as loudly now as it did when it first aired.

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/jewbetcha/74c8a12d.jpg[/IMG]
matts_diva_bitch

Postby matts_diva_bitch » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:19 am

Woodland Critter Christmas :o

It was genius. Pure genius and then it showed that Cartman was saying it all added to the hilarious-ness. I loved the end too. (How Kyle died from aides)

Hands down. Woodland Critter Christmas :wink:
ImageImage
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:46 am

They're all good, but I think the Christmas specials are the best.

Mr. Hankey - I love the references to 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' in this episode, the fact that Kenny doesn't die, (The way he celebrates at the end of the episode is great. XD) and the songs are great too. Plus we get to hear 'Kyle's mom is a bitch' for the first time. (In D-)

Merry Christmas Charlie Manson - Not one of my favourites, but I still like watching it. 'The Grinchy Poo' is hilarious and the way Charlie changes from an evil bastard into a modern day saint is funny too.

Mr. Hankey's christmas classics - Some awesome songs. (Especially 'Mr. Garrison says 'Merry Christmas'' :lol:)

A very crappy Christmas - Probably my favourite one. The songs on it are brilliant, (It's all about the songs on the Christmas specials isn't it? =P) we get to see the 'un-aired pilot' and we see Mr. Hankey's family. XD

Red sleigh down - Another great one, and we get to see Santa kick some Iranian ass! (What? It's Iraq? Aww Iran-Iraq what's the difference?)

It's Christmas in Canada - XD If the season 4 special isn't my favourite, then this is. Again, some great songs, the never-ending ripping on Canada and we even see the City Wok guy.

A woodland critter Christmas - A great ep, and probably the funniest ending ever.

(Would you call 'Bloody Mary' a christmas ep? I've only seen it once and I just can't remember.)

The hallowe'en specials are ok too, but the only good one there is 'Pinkeye'. Like Kyle_K321 said, the scene where Cartman is ripping on Kenny at the bus stop is great. XD
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:40 pm

Favorite Halloween special: Pinkeye. The episode focuses on Kenny, Stan, and Wendy. How awesome.

Favorite Thanksgiving special: Hellen Keller: The Musical. Easily the best Timmy episode ever.

Favorite Christmas special: Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo. This one has that special charm to it that lasts through the generations. Runners up include It's Christmas in Canada and A Very Crappy Christmas.

Then there are other episodes for minor holidays like Earth Day (Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow) and Valentine's Day (Tom's Rhinoplasty.) My favorite one of those episodes would have to be Tom's Rhinoplasty, especially seeing as that's my favorite episode of all time.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:23 pm

For me it's a toss-up.

Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo - The songs were great, the scenes with Kyle and Mr. Hankey were hilarious, and the issue they dealt with is something that happens every year. The episode also had a great moral, reminiscent of the South Park pilot: everyone can celebrate Christmas because Christmas is the best holiday.

A Very Crappy Christmas - The "behind the scenes" look which this episode provided was brilliant, and it had a couple of good new songs. I especially loved the part where Stan ends up doing Cartman's voice. It's just too bad that they didn't show the SP pilot in its entirety. (They could have bleeped it if that's what it would taken.)
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:26 pm

There has actually never been a holiday episode that I was dissapointed about, it just shows that they should make more
sthprkrules

Postby sthprkrules » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:34 am

Christmas: This is so hard. But the songs are my favorite part. Mr. Hankey: "Yuh eeh yuh eeh yuh eeh yuh! Mr. Hankey playset." (Or w/e) I always laugh when I hear that. Then Merry Christmas Charlie Manson: "OVer the meadow and through the woods" and "Have a happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy holiday!" LOL! That ones really funny. All of Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics was great. A Very Crappy Christmas has possibly my favorite song of all time "Everything that lives on Earth, poo's in some way, and thats how the cycle happens, each and everyday..." Etc. I love that song. In Red Sleigh Down, I always laugh my ass off at "Christmas time wouldn't be the same without hugs and kisses and a poo choo train." And the "NO! NOT SANTAS BALLS!" THat is SOOOO goddamn funny. Then in "Christmas Time In Canada" I love the line "We realize that you have a choice in airlines, and it looks like you made the wrong one." And the part with Cartman crying. God I am so sorry for rambling on but I love all those parts and all the Christmas eps are great. I haven't seen Woodland Critter Christmas =(

Halloween: KoRns Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery. Hands down. I can't believe no one picked that. (But then again KoRn is my favorite band so that's prolly why I love it so much...) And Cartman with the whole "EWWW! Feels like cold spagetti!" And the life size Antonio doll, and the "Hello Kyle. Have you been a good boy Kyle? Have you been making Grandma proud?" All those parts/things were hilarious! And the fact that Wendy won again for Chewbacca.

Thanksgiving: Helen Keller The Musical. I love that episode, "WHY!? WHY MUST HE DIE?!" LOL!

I loved Tom's Rhinoplasty too (V-Day) it was my fav episode for a long time.

OK, I'll shut up now and let you all post :D
You told me you won that whale at Chuck E. Cheese!
Fastminute

Postby Fastminute » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:13 pm

I like poo-choo train. :)
PRAISE THA LORD!
Yo Yo BANG BANG!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”