Trapped unbanned, rebanned?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

randyhart

Postby randyhart » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:33 am

I am so glad I live in Wales they havent shown Trapped in the closet but they didnt puss out and have shown Bloody Mary numerous times
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
pammy81

Postby pammy81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:07 am

My mate got it from his computer and we watched it, i didn't think it was that great at all, why some people felt the need to have it banned i don't know, it was south park doing what they do best taking the mick out of people. Some people need to get a life!!!!!!!
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:12 pm

*Has an idea* I'm going to cut out that "What Scientologists Believe" segment of Trapped and upload it to my Putfile site.

That way people can still watch it even if the episode is banned.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:54 pm

Banning "Trapped in the Closet" is only going to make it more popular, as the same thing happened to other contraband items/media. It's because people draw attention to it.

Also, why is it that Tom Cruise is a big baby and singles out South Park over what could be multiple shows that bash him and/or Scientology? (I know the Simpsons already made fun of Scientology in an earlier episode, but I don't know about Tom Cruise.)
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:09 pm

"Simpsons did it??" Didn't see that one. Truthfully, I haven't watched many of those lately.
Daze2000

Postby Daze2000 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:41 am

"Trapped in the Closet" is on the schedule again, for July 19. Let's see how long that lasts.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:09 pm

Athena1999 wrote:(I know the Simpsons already made fun of Scientology in an earlier episode, but I don't know about Tom Cruise.)

I don't seem to recall The Simpsons taking a jab at Scientology. Of course there's a lot of episodes out there. And South Park really cornholed that psuedo-religion; something The Simpsons doesn't do.

You're damn right about the banning. Between Trapped & Bloody Mary, season 9 DVD's will be flying off the shelves next spring.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:22 pm

Wait, was Bloody Mary banned? 'Cause I remember seeing that one when it was new, it was funny.
ImageImageImage
Everybody-Hates-Chris

Postby Everybody-Hates-Chris » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:11 pm

Hay i was just wondering if they will still be allowed to release trapped in the closset and Bloody Mary on dvd
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:58 pm

Yes, those two episodes will be on DVD.

Nintendorkus wrote:Wait, was Bloody Mary banned? 'Cause I remember seeing that one when it was new, it was funny.

The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights protested the way the statue of the Virgin Mary was portrayed in the episode. The fact that the episode aired the night before the Feast of the Immaculate Conception didn't help matters.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Sharpy69

Postby Sharpy69 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:21 pm

actually it was solely due to trapped being 'postponed' that i got into SP again

political correctness was made so that we will be sensitive about what we do to people or say

not scaring segments of society in acting totally different when around other segments of society

at college i said that 'i hate you people' but coz it was to someone of a different race it was racist

by you people i ment the arseholes that park so many centimetes from my door and then swing their door open so i got a dent. sure my car is sh*t but why make it crapper. next time i saw the same car i put a already prepared lump of sh*t at the door handle. i waited in my car and waited. somethings you just need to do

the person had said that i had said you people as racist but the police (fortuately my consins boyfriend) said that i had meant it by what i did

but another PC bobby and i would be in the stocks
now i dont say anything that has a possiblity of offending anyone

even when i said 'what was the matter with you' he turned you into a codeword for wog...

so when ever you offend anyone....make sure they are exactly the same race as you
RIDING IN MY CLIO, POPPING MY COLLA
SEE SOME FINE BENCHES I HAFTA HOLLA
italic BOLD AND THE ALMIGHTY galla
I'M SHARPY kraut THE ORGINAL BALLA
BUST OUT MY NINE DO YA FOLLA?

FeCK THE POLICE
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:27 pm

Remember "Cartman's Hate Crime 2000?" Because really that was saying how we shouldn't base crimes on race, so if I were to ever get into a situation like that I would just use the same argument Stan, Kyle, and Token used in that episode.
ImageImageImage
delsanto

Postby delsanto » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:38 pm

They made fun of scientology because its a load of crap and i can't belive that someone took it seriously and had a strop...mentinoning no names... Isaac Hayes...Tom Cruise... :roll: :roll: :roll:
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:23 pm

Trapped may be banned, but apparently it's also Emmy-worthy.
http://www.emmys.com/media/releases/200 ... uslist.php
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:28 pm

That's what I'm talking about!

-Sigh- Family Guy nominated? :roll: How lame...

Return to “General South Park Discussion”