The South Park Criticism Thread.

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

.Link.

The South Park Criticism Thread.

Postby .Link. » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:02 pm

You basically know what this is about..

This is where you critisise any episodes or characters or anything south park related, by giving real opinions and thoughtful opinions on the show.
Last edited by .Link. on Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:05 pm

Tweek and Cylde need to be used more. And maybe Craig. It's so funny when he Flips everyone off.
SouthParkLibertarian

Postby SouthParkLibertarian » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:15 pm

I feel like the reason that Season 10 got off to a bad start was because they attacked very easy targets. Matt and Trey are capable of better social commentary

I realize that they needed to send Chef off the show somehow. I thought it would have been funnier if they had done a non-Chef-related episode and then just had Chef randomly die at the end out of nowhere

Otherwise, South Park = flawless
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:24 pm

SouthParkLibertarian wrote:I feel like the reason that Season 10 got off to a bad start was because they attacked very easy targets. Matt and Trey are capable of better social commentary

I realize that they needed to send Chef off the show somehow. I thought it would have been funnier if they had done a non-Chef-related episode and then just had Chef randomly die at the end out of nowhere

Otherwise, South Park = flawless

You know they feel this need to rag on current events b/c they think that's what the fans expect... They told Charlie Rose that they felt they had to do an episode on Katrina b/c the fans were probably expecting it. I don't think they even care anymore. If they don't want to do an episode on the most recent events, than I frankly say they shouldn't have to! It's better to create an episode you are proud of than one out of pressure.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:52 pm

You misspelled "criticism."

Oh, wait, for South Park? Um, I agree with MO. Do things for yourself, and not for others, unless you've got a contract binding you to it... But then you still control the content, soo.

What kinda annoys me about the show is how the kids know everything and the adults are all retarded. Yes, it's true sometimes, but not in every freaking political event. Yes, it's funny, but funny stuff can still get old and tiring.
Magnetize

Postby Magnetize » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:40 pm

You said Anything right? Here goes.......

I think that the "Cartoon Wars Pts. 1 & 2" went too far. I'm not saying I'm against South Park or anything of that matter, but I mean what did Family guy ever do to them? They plagarized The Simpsons NOT South Park.

It also annoys me about how they targeted Terry Schiavo in that manner.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:02 pm

How did it go too far? I thought it was a great episode... one of the best ever. The only thing that kinda lets it down was the fact they made the writers out to be manitees. I might be missing somnething absurdly obvious here, but I´ll state what I said in the episode thread.

What the f*ck?

That is all.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
T&Paresweetsupersweet

Postby T&Paresweetsupersweet » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:21 pm

Exactly! thats what they wanted. something completely random and retarted, but still went with their idea. They should do more random things like jewbs in the show( but not alot more)
First sig made w/ pirated Photoshop. Yay piracy!
Good at Photoshop or GIMP? Click Here!
SouthParkLibertarian

Postby SouthParkLibertarian » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:23 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
What kinda annoys me about the show is how the kids know everything and the adults are all retarded. Yes, it's true sometimes, but not in every freaking political event. Yes, it's funny, but funny stuff can still get old and tiring.

Well, there's a reason that the kids are always right. Really, it's Stan and Kyle that are always right - this is because Stan and Kyle represent Trey and Matt and their views.

It makes it even more funny and ironic that the kids see the clear solution to every problem because really all the events are so simple. They want to make a point that really everyone (especially in American politics/society) makes things so complicated and let's things get out of control - if we would just apply basic logic that a kid could do, we would be a much better place.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:03 pm

I'm aware, and I did acknowledge that fact already; however, it doesn't change the fact that doing it over and over and over again does make it lose its effect. It wouldn't kill them to give the adults a bit more intelligence and the kids a bit more stupidity.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:01 am

Magnetize wrote:I think that the "Cartoon Wars Pts. 1 & 2" went too far. I'm not saying I'm against South Park or anything of that matter, but I mean what did Family guy ever do to them? They plagarized The Simpsons NOT South Park.

For the last time, the Cartoon Wars episodes were not a rip on Family Guy but a tribute. FG was being used the whole time as a metaphor for South Park itself. (If they really wanted to attack Family Guy they would have made Cartman its #1 fan.)

http://www.spscriptorium.com/Season10/E1003secrets.htm
http://www.spscriptorium.com/Season10/E1004secrets.htm

Who was targeting Terry Schiavo? If anything they were going after the way her case was politicized and used as a wedge issue.

Regarding the parents, I agree that it would be nice to see them acting more as role models and mentors to the children for a change; and less like bumbling idiots who can only think in terms of black and white.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:24 pm

Magnetize wrote: I think that the "Cartoon Wars Pts. 1 & 2" went too far. I'm not saying I'm against South Park or anything of that matter, but I mean what did Family guy ever do to them?

So what is it like to watch South Park and totally miss the point every week?

You read it! You can't unread it!
SouthParkLibertarian

Postby SouthParkLibertarian » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:06 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
Magnetize wrote: I think that the "Cartoon Wars Pts. 1 & 2" went too far. I'm not saying I'm against South Park or anything of that matter, but I mean what did Family guy ever do to them?

So what is it like to watch South Park and totally miss the point every week?

hahaha A+. Sometimes people amaze me.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:26 pm

Only hippies, parodied stuckup-celebs and paranoid mothers criticize SP.

uhhhh.......Jimmy is overrated. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:03 am

So is Butters.

Really, that's another thing that really annoys me. The show is supposed to center around Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny, so what the hell is Butters doing in there all the time? Every time one of the four boys is missing, he just happens to be there. He's always serving as the replacement when one of the other mains (who were mains from the start) is off doing something else. Hell, I thought that they rejected him. Really, I love Butters and all, and I know that Matt and Trey love him, but he's way, way too overused and should only be appearing as much as any other background character. It annoys me that he has a central as a role as the main four.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”