Which character(s)'s voices can you imitate?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Faithbound

Postby Faithbound » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:57 am

none of them lol
butters489

Postby butters489 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:02 am

Cartman is my signature impression. Other characters I can do is Kenny, Mr. Garrison, Mr. Slave, Towelie/Mr. Hankey, (They're more or less the same.) the computer from "How to Eat With Your Butt," City Wok Guy, Ned, Al Gore, Satan, and a few others that I can't think of right now.

jakall99

Postby jakall99 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:22 am

i can perfectly do the voice of cartman...and i'm a girl
lol
smack my bitch up
Cedric Digsby

Postby Cedric Digsby » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:44 am

Anyone ever notice how Towelie's voice is rather similar to that of cartoon legend Rocket J. Squirrel from the old Rocky & Bullwinkle show? (anyone remember Rocky & Bullwinkle for that matter?)

Despite having severely damaged the ole vocal cords with over a decade of chain-smoking and boozing, I can talk Towelie, Mackey, Butters, Timmy, Jimmy, Nibblet and Kitty. And most obviously, Ned - by far the easiest voice on the show.

No chance of doing a Cartman voice without a pitch and timbre changer, which is seemingly used for most voices on the show.

Incidentally, Matt once said that he and Trey had initially wanted to do Chef's voice themselves (by lowering the pitch), but Comedy Central disagreed:

Matt Stone, from a transcript of "Fresh Air" (date: 10/24/04)
Actually with Chef--Trey and I were doing all the voices, and we actually--me or Trey wanted to do that voice. We were going to be like, 'Hey, what's going on, children?' and just kind of do that voice ourselves. And we were going to pitch it down, so it was really, really low, like an older black man's voice, how they can just be really, really low. And we wanted to do it ourselves. At the time Comedy Central was like, 'You can't do that.' And it's kind of true in a lot of Disney cartoons and a lot of other cartoons, they won't let their gender--Their gender?--race specific with the voiceover; they won't allow a white person to do a black person's voiceover. They probably don't care the other way. But at the time they were like, 'You know, you need to have a black person do this.' And we were like, `Well, you know, we have this character who sings all these soul songs.' I was like, 'Why don't we get ...?'
So we had a really short list. It was--Isaac Hayes was our first choice. Then I think we had Lou Rawls on there. And what's the other guy? Barry White. And so we sent out tapes to them to them. I don't think we ever heard from Lou Rawls. Barry White respectfully declined because he's a very Christian man, and he thought it didn't reach his standards. We sent out 'The Spirit of Christmas.' And Isaac Hayes called back and said, 'Sure, I'll do it.'
So Trey and I flew to New York to record Isaac Hayes. We were so freaked out. You know, we'd never even worked with anybody except for our own friends in Colorado, and here we are doing Isaac Hayes. So then Isaac Hayes--he shows up, and he has no idea what he's going to do. So now we're sitting in the studio. He goes, 'All right, what's going on?' And his agent had basically just said, 'Yeah, you know, he's into it. He wants to do it.' But Isaac really was, like, just going to a gig to do a voiceover. And so we had to sit there and explain to him, 'Well, you're this big, fat black guy that lives in this little town in Colorado. You're the only black person there, and you sing soul songs.' And he was, like, 'OK. That sounds good.' So we were, like, 'All right.'
Now accepting sig requests
Faithbound

Postby Faithbound » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:19 am

I didnt think of it but I guess I can talk like Mr. Hankey.
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:26 am

I forget to add that I can do Towelie's and Michael Jefferson...I freaked my mom out with doing that voice.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:41 am

Oh yeah, I can do Mr. Jefferson's voice pretty good. That's even scarier than being able to do Mr. Garrison and Mr. Slave, actually.
canadiandevil

Postby canadiandevil » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:06 pm

I can do Stan, Cartman, Kyle, Chef, Zee Mole, And Everybody's favourite Christmas poo!
Kenny_Kills

Postby Kenny_Kills » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:49 pm

i can immitate chef,cartman and mr.hanky ive never heard kenny's actual voice so i cant immitate him yet and hes my favorite character
:(
ImageImage
Everybody-Hates-Chris

Postby Everybody-Hates-Chris » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:59 am

Most of the kids voices are enhansed by computers but i can do my hankey.
bogan

Postby bogan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:20 am

i can do butters, kyle and towelie alright :)
Cartman - No no no! Haven't you guys ever seen an album cover? You're supposed to be standing in random places, looking away like you don't care!
x[L*Kay]x

Postby x[L*Kay]x » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:49 pm

:( I can only do a completly sh*t towelie
[img:09615]http://i13.tinypic.com/2yzaazt.jpg[/img:09615]
Oficially sick of all the attention seekers on the BBS.You know who you are.
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:54 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:Oh yeah, I can do Mr. Jefferson's voice pretty good. That's even scarier than being able to do Mr. Garrison and Mr. Slave, actually.

You can do Mr.Slave's voice? I can also do Saddam. I can also do Cartman when he wines. And I'm starting to do Tweek's voice. The best overall (in my opinion) is Wendy.

EDIT: Terrance & Phillip and a pretty sh*tty Kyle voice.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:57 pm

The easiest have to be Towelie and Mr. Hankey just very high pitched
Marshman33

Postby Marshman33 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:27 pm

My friends say I can do a good impression of Cartman. The other voices I haven't attempted yet.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”