'South Park' guys still upset -- CNN ARTICLE

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:27 pm

Killahertz9 wrote:The fact that they put Tom Cruise in the same catagory as Muhammad is asinine.

I bet Tom felt smug after realising that, the fact that two of the things censored by CC was an episode about him and his religion, and another, far more respectable, religion's prophet.

f*ck...
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Sharpy69

Postby Sharpy69 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:29 pm

ok say if you personally who ever you are...i forgot the name
you are from wales....thats all i can remember

so you did it and then basically WW2.5 began which is just US bombing the crap outta the middle east with 'stagegic' bombing which doesn't work and also suicide bombers blowing up cilvians in high density citys in western europe and USA

all that death and destruction over 5 secs of a cartoon

you would be lynched

would be just better to not provoke them but stop all aid to these countries by making alternatives to oil

selling oil to the WEST allows the middle east to develop
cut that out and middle east will become africa

just wanting aid and not developing

just a theory as how many africans suicide bomb the west

simply enough they dont

that is no coincidence
RIDING IN MY CLIO, POPPING MY COLLA
SEE SOME FINE BENCHES I HAFTA HOLLA
italic BOLD AND THE ALMIGHTY galla
I'M SHARPY kraut THE ORGINAL BALLA
BUST OUT MY NINE DO YA FOLLA?

FeCK THE POLICE
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:40 am

It's not up to Comedy Central if they show it on the DVD, it's up to Paramount. Comedy Central decide whether or not to air it on TV.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:48 am

SouthParkMaster66 wrote:It's not up to Comedy Central if they show it on the DVD, it's up to Paramount. Comedy Central decide whether or not to air it on TV.

It's up to Viacom, which owns both Paramount and Comedy Central. The rule has been "whatever you see on Saturday is what you'll get on the DVD." That rule isn't changing just because an unseen clip exists.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:55 am

Wow, that really sucks. Oh well, the only reason people are freaking out about this is because showing the images is "forbidden". As soon as something is not allowd, people suddenly want it.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
Sharpy69

Postby Sharpy69 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:54 pm

exactly

you can't beat SP

by not simply accepting what matt and trey did and going behind their back (to CC) you look like a real dick head abusing powers and sh*t (Tom Cruise)
by accepting and laughing with them you look ok like what george clooney did (i think with the gay dog or summit and the doctor??)

and more people know about mohammad not being shown in a 3 sec clip than him playing a major role throughout SuperBestFriends

also i would always give into the extremeists on a little thing like a 5 second clip rather than them beheading civilians on TV

you gotta give and take with normal people
just give a little for extremeists on small things like cartoons and crap

but blow them up when they do real sh*t like Israli

FeCK THE POLICE
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:00 pm

This image won't appear on the DVD because the image doesn't and never did exist. I'm pretty sure it's all a publicity stunt. If it existed we'd see it by now. Chances are they'll wait a while, then release it seperately so people have to pay extra for the "uncencored" version.
Last edited by Rebecca_Cutswald on Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:14 pm

For the most part Mohammed was portrayed in a positive light in "Super Best Friends", and as they said in "Cartoon Wars" he would have just been standing there looking normal. It's not like Matt and Trey drew him screwing around with a 10 year old girl or anything like that. :shock:
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:26 pm

Sharpy, it's BIGGER than just showing a five second clip. What you're saying is essentially true, but you're only looking at it from the literal standpoint. I want it uncensored so freedom of speech can come back again. That's what the whole thing is based on. Freedom of speech. Being able to say and show whatever the hell you want. And by censoring it, even if it is just a stupid five second clip that does nothing, a part of freedom of speech has died there.

So what's the difference if they do show the clip? To a lot of people, nothing. To people who really care a lot about freedom of speech, a lot.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:52 pm

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:This image won't appear on the DVD because the image doesn't and never did exist.

But executive produce Anne Garafino said in an interview the scene was shot and awaits the pulling of heads out of asses to see the light of day.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Cedric Digsby

Beavers Trapped in Muhammad's Closet

Postby Cedric Digsby » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:34 pm

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere...

The CNN report posted by Killa doesn't mention Trey's seemingly erroneous statement on the Super Best Friends episode - he's quoted as saying that Muhammad was portrayed as a beaver.

No! It was Vishnu who turned into a beaver. Muhammad just had the power of fire from his hands.

Possibly Trey was misquoted or just tired and suffering a memory lapse when interviewed?

From numerous reports:
The network had run an episode in which Mohammed was portrayed as a superhero who could turn himself into a beaver. ...

Parker pointed out that a 4-year-old “South Park” episode, “which featured Muhammad (as) a superhero that could turn himself into a beaver...

"What's interesting," adds Parker, is that South Park did an episode four years ago "which featured Muhammad as a superhero that could turn himself into a beaver."

Said Parker: "What's interesting, by the way, is that as we speak, the episode from four years ago which featured Mohammed, who was a superhero that could turn himself into a beaver, is actually airing on Comedy Central and in syndication."

And relax about the upcoming 10th Anniversary Special DVD, Muhammad will be in Cartoon Wars, but censored of course, otherwise they'd be tampering with the originally released version of the cartoon - and that would make them hypocrites - given the crap they gave to George Lucas for altering Star Wars and Spielberg for modifying ET.

Washington Post
'South Park' Plug Goes a Little Haywire
By Lisa de Moraes
PASADENA, Calif., July 13

Viacom suits want to promote the upcoming DVD of the creators' favorite 10 episodes to coincide with the 10th anniversary of "South Park." Viacom wants to make sure it sells like gangbusters.

So Viacom's Comedy Central cable network schedules "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker to plug the 10th anniversary and DVD before a couple hundred TV critics and reporters at Summer TV Press Tour 2006 here on Thursday.
Now accepting sig requests
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:39 pm

I though it was Krishna. He also turned into an eagle in that episode.
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:43 pm

If we can't even show Muhammed standing around or even Canadien then we might as well go watch "The Magic Roundabout" oh no I forgot that has a ride that might cause fear in it
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:02 pm

Krishna is the Hindu deity who has the power of morphing, and so can become any animal he wishes.

Buddha has the power of invisibilility, and so can surprise his opponents in battle.

Mohammed is the Muslim prophet with the power of fire, and so has the power to make instant statues from muddy clay.

Jospeh Smith is the Mormom prophet with the power of ice, and so can freeze anything.

Lao Tse is the founder of Taoism and has the power of animation, so he can bring inanimate objects to life.

Sea-Man has the ability to breathe underwater and link mentally with fish.

Looks like Trey confused Krishna with Mohammed.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Sharpy69

Postby Sharpy69 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:55 pm

i completly retract about what i said about withdrawing aid and that bullocks ^^ up there

just re-reading it makes me look good for the first paragraph which meant summit that i didnt mean...i worded it wrong

made me look like a aggrogent twat and it sound like i believe that i am above africans and arabs

i see what you mean by the 5 second clip represented free speach it was just the slightest point at muslims...just making fun

i mean the cartoons about mohhammad having a bomb for a head is dis-respectful and not only do i not tolerate it i found it insulting to brand everyone with the same name as that is what normal people would think

but the extreme reaction by muslims all over the world
that has to stop

SP can get away with murder against all other religions
but a small 3 second clip of mohhammad just standing there.....jesus christ NOOOOOOOO

i see your point
it represents free speech
but it isn't insulting to a great degree(not even a small degree but work with me and meet at the middle )
therefore it should be allowed
but it wasn't allowed over political correctness only when it involves muslims as they must be treated special

i am concerned about free speach but i have more to worry about

i'm more concerned about extremeists not working but preaaching hate against the same peoples' tax pounds (im english...i like tea and biscuits with the queen like all englishmen)
who fund his benefits for his house which is better than mine and i work long and hard, am studing real subjects, got a job but i dont get free this that and the other

Britain is in social chaos with PC to the extreme, extremely corrupt government, stupidest policies ever, and just the other day the government let a child molester free coz there was no room in the prison and he is to and i quote 'return to prison when there is a space availible'

yes im concerned about free speach...but lets do the more do-able and boot out tony blair...i would kill to have the old iron lady (maggie thathcer) sorting these mess out

edit some parts were in the wrong order and didn't make sense...like i am a pussy cat? i meant to say pussycat

why are you auto editing pussycat into pussycat you pussycat

my reply is fixed

pussycat

FeCK THE POLICE

Return to “General South Park Discussion”