South Park Traditions

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Craig..l..rulz

South Park Traditions

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:04 am

I'm kinda pissed because we keep seeing less and less of the classis South Park Traditions.
I have compiled a list of all the things that we keep missing out on in recent episodes/seasons
1. Kenny doesn't die in every episode
2. The boys don't start out at the bus stop anymore
3. We don't see the boys in the class as often
4. We don't see the boys on the bus
5. We see less and less of classic charcters like Jimbo, Ned, Officer Barbrady, and Mayor McDaniels
6. We don't hear Cartman's classic sayings like " Screw you guys i'm going home" and " I'll make you eat your parents....."
7. In Season 10 almost every episode doesn't take place in South Park and when they do take do take place in South Park there isn't even snow on the ground.
8. We also don't see the boys in the lunchroom anymore (I understand Issac Hayes isn't doing the voice for Chef anymore but why not bring back Mr. Derp)
9. We don't see Cartman being classis Cartman and wanting to be anywhere other than where he is
10.We also see less of Cartman's mom
Tell me how you guys feel about the list i compiled
Did you just flip me off?
No
Yes you did you just flipped me the bird
dahuyou

Postby dahuyou » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:28 pm

so be it~~however, so what?we still love it, don't we?
That's a problem we've all had to face at some time or another~~
SerialGoth

Postby SerialGoth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:41 pm

We're getting into the 10th season of the show...I understand what you're saying, but they can't keep doing the same things over and over. The show can only stay fresh and funny if it continues to move foward and not repeat itself.
What do you fear most?
TP: Germans.
MS: That's not a bad f*cking fear, I must say.
TP: They're going to freak out and try it again.
Craig..l..rulz

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:47 pm

Last time I checked the classic episodes are way better than the ones we are seeing in season 10 any day of the week
Also another thing to add to my list
11. We don't see the news reports with the anchorman talking about Hiliry Clintons ass.

Can you seriously tell me you like what we have seen in season 10 more than a season like season 3?
The episodes like A Million Little Fibers and Smug Alert were terrible. Tsst was pretty good but nothing to spectacular. Cartoon Wars only had one funny part. < sorry guys but i know Matt and Trey can do better
No
AesopRockOn

Postby AesopRockOn » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:57 pm

LEt's review the first half of season 10:
1. Classic goodbye to Chef.
2. Pretty funny and relevant. No problems here.
3 & 4. Classic funny entertaining relevant two-parter that exposes Comedy Centrals weaknesses. VEry important and thoughtful/deep episodes.
5. Watchable, not very funny, but a lesson for the stoned.
6. VEry funny/silly allusion to Al Gore's GW fight.
7. Very funny non-political look at Cartman-Maaaaam relationship

So far, I would love to have this on dvd.

Now Season 3:
1. A very good episode; f*ck the rainforest.
2. Spontaneous combustion subplot funnier than main story.
3. I m a little piggy. Hey, a great episode. Can't take Chef away from the boys...
4. Sort of funny, not much story. Alder character okay.
5. Hated it, not funny.
6. Panda not funny, an alright satire.
7. A filler.
8. Melvins become important; people getting shot is funny.
9. A good kyle episode. Bear is funny. Establishes Moses.
10. Pretty good. Almost won an Emmy.
11. Great episode. Establishes Marklar and Marvin returns.
12. Alright episode, stupid scooby doo allusions.
13. Funny spelling, Kyle turns a girl into a whore.
14. Guys get drunk, pretty funny. Not much content.
15. Some songs are funny though I dislike Hankey.
16. Good y2k/menstrual episode; establish image of God.
17. Everyone worldwide craps their pants. Kenny G rapes Mr. Garrison. Funny though very silly/stupid.

I like both season very much but both have their flaws. And the other guy is right; South Park is very good at staying current and the issues that it has covered the past couple of seasons are important and have become entertaining.

And if you hate on South Park, pardon my French, but you suck on my fat hairy balls.
What's the matter? Was your mother abusive? Did she slap your thighs with cold cuts and stick umbrellas up your ass?
Craig..l..rulz

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:01 am

I just think that the new episodes are slowly fading from the classis south park episodes and don't get me wrong i love South Park but I just would at least like to see the boys going through the average day of school where they start out at the bus stop, they hear mrs. crabtree say sit down and shut up, you see a shot of the boys in the class, then they kill kenny. Thats classic south park. You just gotta include those things in your episodes you can put other plots in but thats the classis stuff that we all found so funny.
Its just season ten when you go through each episode the only one that comes close to classic south park is manbearpig which was a pretty dam good episode.
Go through each episode and look you dont see any of those things i named no classroom, no busstop, no bus, no killing of kenny.
It sadens me to watch South Park now

1- The Return of Chef - Starts out with a short season of Chef Returning
2- Smug Alert - Starts out in Mr. Broflowski's new hybrid
3 & 4 - Cartoon Wars- Starts out in Stan's room
5- A Million Little Fibers - Starts out with Towlie at work
6- Manbearpig - Starts out in the School Gymnasium
7- Tsst - The only one that actually starts out at the school
No
dahuyou

Postby dahuyou » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:56 am

personally, if we have the season 11, the season 12....., we'll find now season 10 is just classic south park cartoon, and then we'll say that the later seasons are not classic.
so as we grow up, we change ourselves in details but keep the persistent soul, so does south park. as if it can bring us joyness, that'll be OK.
i quite understand what you mean, but different plots depend on different starts, different progresses and different characters.

BTW, that Kenny isn't killed in every episode really puts me on sh*t~~~
That's a problem we've all had to face at some time or another~~
Total_Beefcake

Postby Total_Beefcake » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:17 am

I think they're still hilarious, despite what they don't do anymore. I do miss Chef, but no one can do anything about that. I agree that they should stay in South Park more, with snow everywhere. I liked all the episodes of the first half of the tenth season except for A Million Little Fibers. That was crap.

I'm neutral about Kenny dying. It's classic, and so predictable, but I think its somewhat okay that he isn't dying. Hopefully Trey and Matt aren't planning to kill him off for a whole season next year or something...:(
[center]ImageImage
Jimmy made corn into crack? THEN HELL YES, I CARE![/center]
Oddjob

Postby Oddjob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:22 am

I haven't seen most of the episodes past season 7, so I wouldn't know whether they're straying too far from the original south park, but in the few earlier episodes that they did, it was great.
I remember, in one episode of season 1, when Mr. Hanky was first introduced, Kenny didn't die. Everyone at the end were saying that something felt unfinished, and Kenny's looking around, worried he's going to have yet another cruel meeting with the icy hand of death, when all of a sudden, the words THE END pop up. He literally jumps for joy. I laughed so hard.

I think it's alright to stray from the roots of the show when the same old routine starts to get tired, but you can't go too far, or else you'll end up with a disaster. For example, if one of the four boys, not Kenny, died, and died permanently, the show would start failing. That type of plot twist only works on soap operas where new main characters come and go as fast as the audience can learn their names. That just would not work on a show like South Park.

It's alright to change with the times, but it's bad to change so that you no longer have what you had when you first started.
In war, the object is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his.
Craig..l..rulz

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:41 am

Exactly and I feel lately that it has changed so much its just not as kool as it used to be.
Seriously if I took a poll on the worst South Park Season i bet more than half would vote for season 10. Can you really name a season worse than this one so far?
No
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:04 am

Craig..l..rulz wrote:Exactly and I feel lately that it has changed so much its just not as kool as it used to be.
Seriously if I took a poll on the worst South Park Season i bet more than half would vote for season 10. Can you really name a season worse than this one so far?

.......yes. I think seasons one and two were good, but they were the worst seasons. It was random humor. It was funny, but it wasn't as good as the South Park we know now. That was so much easier to write. That humor would get so incredibly old after a while.

Recent South Park has been so much more intelligent with jokes derived from the plot. Cartman has become a more intelligent character. South Park doesn't give instant gratification as of late, which so many people are looking for. Seasons 5-10 are my favorite seasons. Sure they have been a few bad episodes, such as A Million Little Fibers and..... :? That might be the only episode I didn't like.

A Million Little Fibers had very random humor. It was the worst episode of SP I have ever seen. It kind of reminded me of the early seasons, though. That episode is very quotable. Manbearpig is pretty quotable as well. It's my second favorite episode in season 10. It had some intelligent humor along with it, though.

I don't really see South Park fading. I see everyone talking about how it's not as good as it used to be, but I don't see it. It hasn't gotten better, either, IMO. I think it's been the same level of funny since season 5. This is what happens to every TV show. A lot of people say every year, "It's not as good as last year." I don't see the humor changing.

There have been a lot of political and religious episodes. Those are actually on the same level as other episodes. Trapped in the Closet, Bloody Mary, Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow, Super Best Friends, Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants, Red Hot Catholic Love, and Passion of the Jew are some of my favorite episodes.

When the boys are just being little kids are episodes I like a lot as well. The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers was one of the greatest episodes of SP of all time. I like this style of writing. I think they should make some of these episodes along with the political and religious episodes.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Craig..l..rulz

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:18 am

The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers is a good episodei agree but its a example of a episode of one that actually stars all 4 boys and it took place in South Park not like the ones we are seeing lately.

Also you wouldn't be happy to see some classic south park episodes in the second half of season 10?
I'm not saying all of them should be classic you can mix up a few of them but you need to throw a classic one in here or there.
I just really feel that we should at least see the boys in the classroom then lunchroom(Bring back Mr. Derp) then see kenny die thats would be great.

Also another thing i want to add to the list if you ever listened to Matt and Trey's commentieres on there DVDs i belive it was season 3 in the Korn Episode that Matt and Trey say they are going to make a best 10 second charcter episode that included Mr. Derp, Niblip( that thing is awsome), and Towelie.
No
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:49 pm

To me, nothing is wrong with season 10 so far. The show is improving, not getting worse. I still love every episode, there are some older ones better than new ones and new ones better than old ones. If the show stayed the same through out the entire series it would be too predictable all the time.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
Lessa

Postby Lessa » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:52 pm

Theres a few things that because of certain events that happened both in real life and in the show that the boys really can't do anymore riding the bus and going to the lunch room. Mrs Crabtree got killed off in the little crime stoppers episode, I believe it was, yeah they could make a new character but would that really be the same? Isaac Hayes left the show and again yes they could bring in Mr Derp, but would that really br like having Chef? I don't think that you could do either things and it would feel like classic South Park. Because you wouldn't have the same characters involved, the only way you could do those to things is: bring back the killed off Mrs Crabtree and to some how get Isacc Hayes to come back and I don't think either one is going to happen.

I don't see South Park as losing anything or being less funny then it has always been. IMO it has gotten better, its more intelligent then it once was its no longer Cartman farting fire out his ass and things like that that makes it funny its more about the plot of the show and not fart jokes that makes it funny and IMO South Park is better for it.

-Lessa
"Don't F*ck with Wendy Testaburger!"

I <3 MATT STONE AND TREY PARKER!
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:07 pm

Craig..l..rulz wrote:The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers is a good episodei agree but its a example of a episode of one that actually stars all 4 boys and it took place in South Park not like the ones we are seeing lately.

I know it was a good episode. It starred all four boys equally, and I was comparing it to the religious and political episodes, which, IMO, are just as good.

Craig..l..rulz wrote:Also you wouldn't be happy to see some classic south park episodes in the second half of season 10?
I'm not saying all of them should be classic you can mix up a few of them but you need to throw a classic one in here or there.
I just really feel that we should at least see the boys in the classroom then lunchroom(Bring back Mr. Derp) then see kenny die thats would be great.

Do you know what classic means? The term "instant classic", to me, is an oximoron. A classic episode means belonging to the highest rank or class. It takes a while to become a classic. You could make a few non-politcal/non-religious episodes. I agree with that. I don't think every episode has to be political, but I enjoy the political episodes.
Craig..l..rulz wrote:Also another thing i want to add to the list if you ever listened to Matt and Trey's commentieres on there DVDs i belive it was season 3 in the Korn Episode that Matt and Trey say they are going to make a best 10 second charcter episode that included Mr. Derp, Niblip( that thing is awsome), and Towelie.

Towelie has been redone. That's already taken care of, and it was a terrible episode, IMO. Mr. Derp and Niblet couldn't be brought back. Mr. Derp was funny, but that joke would get incredibly old after a half of an episode. Niblet didn't really do anything funny, so I don't wee why anyone wants him to come back. He was just a stupid, pointless character.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig

Return to “General South Park Discussion”