South Park Traditions

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Craig..l..rulz

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:44 pm

I thought Niblet was pretty f*cking funny lol much better than the charcters we are seeing lately ( Oprahs vagina wtf )
Did you just flip me off?
No
Yes you did you just flipped me the bird
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:08 am

Craig..l..rulz wrote:I thought Niblet was pretty f*cking funny lol much better than the charcters we are seeing lately ( Oprahs vagina wtf )

I agree...I am not really enjoying season 10 either. I know they can't keep repeating themselves over and over, but enough element of the classic episodes are missing that it doesn't even seem like the same show, and I am not digging it. My biggest complaints are, I miss the simpler animation, it had alot more character and it was cuter..I also want to see more episodes that are about the characters and not basically the creator's rants about whatever..That is what the episodes are like now, rants about political issues and f*cked up celebrites, and they really are less about the characters. Iam tired of it. I don't need to be told things I already knew like Scientologists are f*cked up..I wanna be entertained.

And, you know what else? If the second half of season 10 isn't that great in my opinion..I might just say f*ck all the future new episodes, and just stick to my dvds of the classic episodes.
Craig..l..rulz

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:43 am

Thank you finally somone agrees with me
No
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:01 am

Craig..l..rulz wrote:Thank you finally somone agrees with me

Your welcome and congrats on giving your honest opinion..It is an opinion you undoubtably will get flamed over on this board, but f*ck the people who are rude to you, and good for you for having the courage not to be a follower.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:22 pm

Craig..l..rulz wrote:I thought Niblet was pretty f*cking funny lol much better than the charcters we are seeing lately ( Oprahs vagina wtf )

I thought AMLF was a terrible episode. It was incredibly stupid, and Oprah's minge stopped being funny after about 30 seconds. I didn't laugh at all at Niblet, though. He was just a bird, and I don't really see anything he did as funny.
mOOndragon69 wrote:
Craig..l..rulz wrote:
Thank you finally somone agrees with me

Your welcome and congrats on giving your honest opinion..It is an opinion you undoubtably will get flamed over on this board, but f*ck the people who are rude to you, and good for you for having the courage not to be a follower.

The majority of the people on this board think the show is getting worse. He's going with it, not against it. If that is your honest opinion, then I don't care, but if you're just going with the crowd, that just pisses me off.

Moon, I'm not sure if that flaming comment was directed toward me. If it was, I wasn't flaming him, I was just debating the subject with him.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
vagman

Postby vagman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:40 pm

"God", your argument can not be resolved, what, you want to psychoanalyse the guy? I 've noticed u been doing that, stop getting personal all the time and stick with the discussion ok?

And to the others yes I believe at the time discussions of how and why the show is getting weaker is the best thing we can do on here. I have been sporadically voicing opinions but I think now that I know a little more of the how the BBS works that I shouldnt post like in a time when a thread is dying as noone notices, I ll repost some of of the things I thought of lately and we can talk about what we all think.
Ki-ick a-ass 8D
corpsman32

Postby corpsman32 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:18 am

The episodes this season, yes, were a bit stale, but were still funny episodes. I agree with whomever said," When season 12 and 13 come out, we'll be saying, 'Man remember the classic episodes on season 10? wasn't that season awesome?'" At least they aren't running the same old jokes into the groud, then we would be arguing about the fact that the show is repeditive. But who cares? In a couple of months, we will see the rest of season 10 which will probably be awesome.
f*ck Canada!
Craig..l..rulz

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:25 am

Matt and Trey need to stay away from these current events seriously im telling you if you stick to classic south park episodes then you dont have to do current events and as you can tell these current events backfire. The Butters Own Episode with the Ramsey's obviously has backfired since they found the Ramsey Daughter murder in Thailand and the parents had nothing to do with it.
No
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:39 am

cartman8213 wrote:The majority of the people on this board think the show is getting worse. He's going with it, not against it. If that is your honest opinion, then I don't care, but if you're just going with the crowd, that just pisses me off.

No way, anytime I post about how I didn't like something I'm immediately pounced upon. The majority of people on here think the show is just as good as it always has been, if not better. Generally aynone that dares to talk down about the current episodes is attacked. Most of these attacks consist of calling that person "not a true fan" and told that they should leave the board if they're not going to support the show. At mimimum, the group that thinks the show's as good, if not better is far mroe vocal than the alternative. m00n's one person that's weathered many attacks for her criticism of the show, she speaks from experience.

EDIT: Looking at it, I don't think you've been on long enough to see the worst of it. So I can understand that your view of it is slightly skewed towards the off-season crowd that currently populates the board.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:52 am

As preist Maxi says in Red Hot Catholic Love, it's time for change. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Craig..l..rulz

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:15 am

Thank you Tweeks coffee im loving the support ive been getting lately. Also I think i found the main problem with the episodes lately. If you start listening to the commentry from season 4 in the first few episodes (fingerbang, ect...) you will find the problem. Matt and Trey decided that instead of going with a A story, and a b story they just stick with a A story and i think the show has just completly gone downhill from there.
No
Seaman Stains

Postby Seaman Stains » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:20 am

I think...South Park is a cartoon that is still popular with people. Trying to deconstruct it further is reaching; why obsess about something whose end is nigh? People will move on after South Park. To be honest, I dunno why Trey and Matt decided to keep going with it; their movies are hell sweet. Anyway, I personally hope the series never rehashes old crutches, like Kenny dying every episode. I'd rather enjoy a really funny Kenny death than a lame one worked in at the last second; as they usually were.

But there needs to be more fart jokes in thar, oh yeah. Make the seaman happy, nawh!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:58 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
cartman8213 wrote:The majority of the people on this board think the show is getting worse. He's going with it, not against it. If that is your honest opinion, then I don't care, but if you're just going with the crowd, that just pisses me off.

No way, anytime I post about how I didn't like something I'm immediately pounced upon. The majority of people on here think the show is just as good as it always has been, if not better. Generally aynone that dares to talk down about the current episodes is attacked. Most of these attacks consist of calling that person "not a true fan" and told that they should leave the board if they're not going to support the show. At mimimum, the group that thinks the show's as good, if not better is far mroe vocal than the alternative. m00n's one person that's weathered many attacks for her criticism of the show, she speaks from experience.

EDIT: Looking at it, I don't think you've been on long enough to see the worst of it. So I can understand that your view of it is slightly skewed towards the off-season crowd that currently populates the board.

Thank you :D :D It is true, the fans who are the most vocal are the ones who like the new episodes and who think that everyone who doesn't isn't a true fan. That is a bunch of bullsh*t, because I think that someone can be a true fan of a show and not like every single episode. Feeling that someone has to like every episode denies them the right to think for themselves and to consider their own preferences in what is funny and what isn't.

I have been honest about how I feel about the new episodes..I don't mind political humor..Family Guy has it, The Simpsons have it, to a certain extent the old episodes of South Park had it. But the new episodes have too much of it, and too much humor based on current events. They also no longer have a b story, which is too bad, because in the past, I felt that alot of the B stories really added to the episodes..There is also less focus on the characters personalities, they are just vechiles used to tell the story and reinforce the point of the episode, and the characters have become alot more flat than they once were. Cartman used to have alot more depth, now he is just a selfish , greedy, racist bastard, and it is now easy to predict his actions. Basically, now when I watch it, I don't feel entertained, I feel like I am getting a lecture, and I hate it.

Matt and Trey if you are reading this..Please do not forget about the fans who have been watching South Park from the beginning, go back to doing stories we find entertaining. Don't push your political views on us, just make us laugh..Screw the people who only want the political episodes, from the way they act on this board, I can tell you that they are assh*les..
PT Pyjamas

Postby PT Pyjamas » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:05 pm

Imo South Park is just as funny, if not funnier than ever. Looking back at the early episodes, Season 1 especially, the show has matured a lot and has improved greatly. I find the humour a lot more intelligent, from Season 3 onwards. I don't miss the traditions, such as Kenny's predictable death in every episode or the obligatory "Hey Chef" scene, because the show needs to change every so often to remain fresh. I know there would be many people bitching if there was a bus stop scene and Ms. Crabtree said "What did you say?" in every episode. I don't get why everyone is so down on Season 10, imo it already has 4 classic episodes ("The Return Of Chef", "Manbearpig" and "Cartoon Wars") so take it easy. At least wait til you've seen it all before claiming that Matt and Trey have lost it.

That said, A Million Little Fibers was a sh*t episode. Tut tut, tut tut.
Phoenix Maximus

Postby Phoenix Maximus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:50 pm

I agree with the lack of traditions, but changes are needed over time. Season 10 has been vastly different from 3, but still funny. As time goes by and you rewatch them a couple times, they hold up well. Only real blemish is Fibers which is the worst episode ever. rest have been good though, very excited for the rest of season 10

Return to “General South Park Discussion”