South Park voices

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

cfrog

South Park voices

Postby cfrog » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:48 pm

hey guys, lke most of you i think sp is the greatest, i think i watch 2 episodes a day and kind of pride myself in knowing so much about the show. But then i came across this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jSb2i3XNmU

i always thought that the voice work was amazing but always wondered how they achieved such a range. And to be honest i'm a little disappointed esp w/ trey and cartman, i thought he did a similar voice in Baseketball. Idk i still love the show to death, was this common knowledge to most?
Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:56 pm

Very Interesting. That's a good bit off sh*t there. Nice find.
matts_diva_bitch

Postby matts_diva_bitch » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:05 pm

I'm not going to say it's a fake but Stan and Cartman sound nothing like Trey and when i see normal episodes of SP when i close my eyes i can picture Trey saying it but with that it was crap and sounded nothing like him, and how come the four boys were just unpitched.....Wouldn't Mr.Garrison sound different as well?
ImageImage
cfrog

Postby cfrog » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:14 pm

well mr. garrison is an adult voice, and i definitly hear matt and trey's voices except in the last line by stan, sounds more like matt
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:48 pm

Two programs were made about that between "Chef Aid" and SP:BLU -

"Going Down To South Park"
1 2 3
and "Chef Aid: Behind The Menu," which is an abridged version of "Going Down To South Park"

Both of these show how Matt and Trey do the voices and then pitch them up to sound the way they do on TV. Trey has done the Cartman voice on BASEketball and on vaaroius interviews - see, he can do it naturally, but it's hell on the vocal chords, so it's better to do it at normal pitch and then pitch up.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SerialGoth

Postby SerialGoth » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:14 pm

Listening to this clip made it sound like the kids suddenly got thrown into puberty, lol...I knew that they used certain technology to do the kids' voices(it sounds pretty obvious, at least to me), but this was interesting to hear nevertheless!
What do you fear most?
TP: Germans.
MS: That's not a bad f*cking fear, I must say.
TP: They're going to freak out and try it again.
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:41 pm

>o> I assumed that that was unpitched. Or...rather, DE-pitched. The boys sound far too low, and I've heard Matt when he does Kyle's voice. He DOES put his voice up higher than that.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:05 pm

^ You're right. I've heard both Kyle and Cartman unpitched, Kyle from that... I forget what show it was, but they showed a clip of Matt and Trey doing voices from Free Willzyx, and Kyle's voice was way higher come from Matt's mouth than it was in those videos. Cartman's from the Going Down to South Park documentary sounded a bit higher, too.

Still, it was funny listening to them with deeper voices... It's just not really their official unpitched voices, I guess.
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:58 pm

iceiwynd wrote:^ You're right. I've heard both Kyle and Cartman unpitched, Kyle from that... I forget what show it was, but they showed a clip of Matt and Trey doing voices from Free Willzyx, and Kyle's voice was way higher come from Matt's mouth than it was in those videos. Cartman's from the Going Down to South Park documentary sounded a bit higher, too.

Still, it was funny listening to them with deeper voices... It's just not really their official unpitched voices, I guess.

:0 It was a CBS special or something. I watched it yesterday on Youtube.

XD Matt sounded silly.
cfrog

Postby cfrog » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:15 pm

do you have a link to going down to sp? can't find it on youtube
"i love you guys...........oh screw you guys"
Hannah92

Postby Hannah92 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:21 pm

Dude, expeccially w/ cartmen you can tell it was like totally slowed down and deepened. Thats fake.
[URL=http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img356pp.gif]Image[/URL
I swear to god I'll make you're parents into chillie.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:50 am

cfrog wrote:do you have a link to going down to sp? can't find it on youtube

Read your own thread again. Jeez.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:08 am

I remember an interview with M&T (on Leno I think) when they were promoting Baseketball. I think Trey said he just threw the cartman voice in there just for the hell of it, and that was before the show took off and became really widely known, or something like that.
corpsman32

Postby corpsman32 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:30 pm

Both matt and trey originally made the show without all the pitching or unpitching or whatever. How else could you explain "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut"? They would have to sing in pitch for that entire movie. And If i'm just completely full of sh*t, who cares, its still a funny f*cking show.

and also...
[quote/cfrog]was this common knowledge to most?[/quote]
f*ck Canada!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”