Should Matt nd Trey apologize to the Ramseys?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

longtimeviewer

Should Matt nd Trey apologize to the Ramseys?

Postby longtimeviewer » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:35 am

It was very irresponsible to call the Ramseys "LIARS!". The Boulder Police Deparetment showed themselves to be backward rubes.
nojam75

Yes, but only apologize in a funny way

Postby nojam75 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:29 am

When I heard the news about the arrest today, the only thing that came to my mind was the South Park episode with the Ramseys.

Yes. In all fairness, South Park should apologize to the Ramseys -- assuming this new publically-known suspect is guilty. South Park should also modify the hilarious episode that's in rerun circulation.

I think Matt, Trey & Co. can come up with some way of respectfully apologizing while still being entertaining. Afterall, it's only a cartoon that accurately reflected what most people were think --
aristottlesdeathwish

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:35 am

NO!!!!!!!!!!! :P
"When you do something right, no one knows you have done anything at all"=Futurama
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:39 am

Almost everyone thought the parents did it, so it was an honest mistake by Matt and Trey. But it does suck how the mother isn't alive to see them catch her daughters killer, she only died last month I think.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:08 am

f*ck no!

Anyone one who dresses up thier 6 year old like a little whore and parades her around like a show dog for money deserves to be the chief suspects in thier daughter's murder.

The Ramsey's were sorry excuses for human beings. They should've been encouraging thier daughter to learn some real skills rather than teaching her that all that matters is being pretty. It's one thing to pull a picture of your kid out of your wallet and impress people; it's another thing to make 'em up like a tramp and display them like they're for sale at auction.

f*ck the Ramseys. They were the most guilty-behaved "innocent" people in the history of time.

You read it! You can't unread it!
aristottlesdeathwish

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:09 am

Im glad the finnaly found some pourterican guy.
"When you do something right, no one knows you have done anything at all"=Futurama
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:10 am

Then Seth should apologize for having a cutaway of Peter vowing to find the killer(s) or Ramsey with the parents suddenly looking shocked and trying to get him not to. Right? Wrong.

While I see the point, I also believe that was widespread speculation at the time that the parents did it but that only mistakes were uncovered recently. The last thing on the family's mind is probably this episode... it doesn't mean crap.

Anyway, she was pretty much used for the parents to get money. AT SIX YEARS OLD! That just aint right.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:22 am

No. In addition to what 3MX already stated, the episode was five years ago. Does it really even matter now? They were accused by tons of people, and with good reason, too. Why should a satirical - reason for emphasis obvious - cartoon apologize?
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:22 am

triplemultiplex wrote:f*ck no!

Anyone one who dresses up thier 6 year old like a little whore and parades her around like a show dog for money deserves to be the chief suspects in thier daughter's murder.

The Ramsey's were sorry excuses for human beings. They should've been encouraging thier daughter to learn some real skills rather than teaching her that all that matters is being pretty. It's one thing to pull a picture of your kid out of your wallet and impress people; it's another thing to make 'em up like a tramp and display them like they're for sale at auction.

f*ck the Ramseys. They were the most guilty-behaved "innocent" people in the history of time.

Amen to that! :roll:
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:31 am

What episode did they do that in?
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:33 am

JesusComplex wrote:What episode did they do that in?

Butters' Very Special Episode, I think.
longtimeviewer

deserve?

Postby longtimeviewer » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:50 am

south park got caught up in the hysteria.

By the time the episode came out almost all experts (police, DA, private investigators, FBI) had excluded the Ramsey's.

Also, alot of the "evidence" leaked by the Boulder PD had proved inaccurate ("no footprints in the snow" - no snow near the basement windows; No one except the family knew the house - a party attended by hundreds had occured one week prior)

So to conclude the Ramseys were "LIARS" was to ignore the facts
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:52 am

Yeah, it was Butter's Very Own Episode.

No, they shouldn't apologize. It reflected the opinion of the time, and generally the opinion now. They can't be held responsible becuase they may have misrepresented someone five years ago. Does Leno plan to apologize for all the cracks he made? I seriously doubt it.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:08 am

triplemultiplex wrote:f*ck no!

I know I already said this, but I would also like to send out a big "f*ck you" to all the news organizations who could not resist showing video clips of her dancing around every single goddamn time they even mentioned the story. It's bad enough that the parents whored her out like that, it's even worse that the media had to capitalize on those images of a dead child dressed up like a barbie doll in front of the cameras.

The Ramseys deserved it if you ask me. SP has done far worse to targets that were far less deserving, and it was still funny.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:47 am

A lot of people have accused the Ramseys of murdering their daughter, both before and after Matt and Trey did it. Also, Patsy Ramsey is dead, so apologizing to her would be kinda pointless.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”