south park vs. family guy (Now vs. The Simpsons too!)

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MannequinOFolly

south park vs. family guy (Now vs. The Simpsons too!)

Postby MannequinOFolly » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:41 am

alright, in the intelligence battle, south park wins.
in the originality battle, south park wins.
in the funny battle, south park wins.
hell, the simpsons beats family guy in most of these areas

somebody please enlighten me on why the hell some people say family guy is better then south park?! is there a logical reason?!
(its not like i hate family guy, i hate how its ripped off the simpsons and south park in nearly every way, but its decently funny, although nowhere near the gut-busting power of south park.)
i'd like all of your thoughts on this one.

If you're born once, you die twice.
If you're born twice, you die once.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:42 am

Ok, people who like F.G. better than S.P. you might not want to look, because people who like F.G. more aren't as smart as the S.P. fans. They need joke after joke to be entertaind. S.P. fans keep keep up with the good story line and complex issuse that make up life. Thats in my oppinion, but I think most people agree.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:14 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Thats in my oppinion, but I think most people agree.

I don't. :roll:

I think SP is better than Family Guy, but I also love Family Guy. Is it possible, maybe, possibly, that people could actually like both shows and not be retards?

Maybe some people say FG is better than SP because they have a different sense of humor.

Personally, I think Family Guy has some extremely funny jokes, ones that can match the ones in South Park--but for people with a different sense of humor.

Also, from how I see it, the early seasons of SP were a lot like FG. It's just that South Park got all preachy and filled up with politics, and FG didn't.

Sometimes, a little immaturity on television is a good thing.
MannequinOFolly

good points

Postby MannequinOFolly » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:22 am

both of u made good points, its maybe possible out there that people like nonsensical joke after joke (i did, family guy was one of my fav shows until i saw south park, and realized that i liked jokes to be intertwined with a plot instead of being random, and i do like random jokes, just not as much as plot-based ones) instead of shows that tend to get preachy and political, its a different style of humor that other individuals prefer.
i understand now. :)

If you're born once, you die twice.
If you're born twice, you die once.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:09 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:Thats in my oppinion, but I think most people agree.

I don't. :roll:

I think SP is better than Family Guy, but I also love Family Guy. Is it possible, maybe, possibly, that people could actually like both shows and not be retards?

Maybe some people say FG is better than SP because they have a different sense of humor.

Personally, I think Family Guy has some extremely funny jokes, ones that can match the ones in South Park--but for people with a different sense of humor.

Also, from how I see it, the early seasons of SP were a lot like FG. It's just that South Park got all preachy and filled up with politics, and FG didn't.

Sometimes, a little immaturity on television is a good thing.
Well your right, but I tried to say but couldn't think of a way to put it eas that South Park fans are more involved with the political world, and thats more on the smart side. I didn't mean it in a bad way, but I see now how someone could take it that way, sorry if I offended someone. :D
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:12 pm

Why do we have to keep rehashing these Family Guy - South Park threads? We've been over this before.

Some people like one more than the other.
Some people love one and hate the other.
And the rest of us are perfectly happy watching both without feeling the need to pit them against one another.

You read it! You can't unread it!
trentBowie

Postby trentBowie » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:01 pm

I've seen a few episodes of Family Guy and I found most of it funny. Sometimes, though, the random jokes are so jarring that it kinda killed the effect the joke what supposed to have. You'd be like, "HA HA Ha...Huh?" Even when it had a cohesive plot, it seemed to drag as you waited for the punch line to come up and the pace was annoyingly fast as if they were trying to stuff as much material as they could into a crawlspace. And I don't know about the rest of you, but Peter Griffith's voice grates on my nerves. Seriously.

It was even worse on American Dad! (now there's a failed by-product of the Maximum Clonage legacy if there ever was one). I could so see the jokes coming from a mile away. It wouldn't be long before I started twitching and jerking before I realized that I was making wanking motions. After smiting myself repeatedly, I decided this was a show I could avoid. The political content is not so blatant as it is in South Park, but it's there.

Given the choice between the two shows, I'll always pick South Park because it appeals more to my prurient, sneaky giggly side. But amidst the scatologcal jokes and the ruthless ridicule lies little gems of wisdom to be treasured. How much more Zen can you get?

And that is why I think South Park rules and Family Guy sucks ass. :chaos:
Chillzen54

Postby Chillzen54 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:12 pm

I think that most people like S.P better than F.G because Southpark is about 4 little kids who cause loads of trouble and it's just funnyer to see little kids do it than a grown up like in Family Guy because some of it just looks stupid comming from an adult acting like a kid. Altho I do like Family Guy, I still like Southpark much better.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:39 pm

I, too, wonder why so many people prefer Family Guy over more intelligent, better-written, funnier, wittier shows such as South Park and The Simpsons. I concluded that people are dumb. Family Guy caters to their dumb sense of humor.
alloutmo

Postby alloutmo » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:39 pm

thats bull about how southpark fans are smarter i love both shows but i feel many of u r rite because 4 some its hard 2 get the jokes that arnt said but r there deep in the storyline but 2 say familyguy isnt jus as funny is a lie because if u put up the best of familyguy southpark and even the simpsons who have vastly improved there jokes they all have there strong poins and r the funniest shows on television not 1 is better than the other
TPB37

Postby TPB37 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:49 am

I definitely think South Park is better than Family Guy. I mean, FG does alright but the writing is mediocre at best.
-Rachelle
"This is like that drug trip I saw in that movie when I was on that drug trip." -Fry

"I can't do knife hits, they tear the throat right outta me." -Bubbles
Chillzen54

Postby Chillzen54 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:04 am

I've lost intrest in the Simpsons, It got old when I kept missing new episodes. And it doesnt mean that people who watch southpark are smarter its just the age of people and how mature they are about it
alloutmo

Postby alloutmo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:34 am

in all actaulity not all people who watch southpark are intelligent but if u do not have a little higher than normal I.Q than u cant really take all of wat southpark has 2 offer
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:48 pm

The way I see it: dumb and smart people enjoy South Park for different reasons. Dumb people enjoy it for the nasty fart jokes and smart people enjoy it for the political incite and the metaphorical messages. Myself? I enjoy it for both. :lol:

Family Guy is (or was) funny for all the different reasons. Whereas South Park is funny because it's smart, Family Guy was funny because it's dumb. And yes, the writing on Family Guy is poor. The last several episodes of Family Guy have also sucked hard.

The Simpsons is my second favorite show after South Park. I don't really consider it to have actually "jumped the shark." Rather, I just feel it's gone on for a very long time and that has caused it to lose some steam. A show can still be just as good as it always was, but people get tired of the same characters and the same setting after a while. I still enjoy the new episodes of The Simpsons most of the time, even if the show isn't as good as it was during Seasons 3-8.
DaleReeck

Postby DaleReeck » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:27 pm

I'm not sure why it has to be decided which show is "better". They are all pretty good IMO for different reasons.

But in a side note, the Emmy's just decided for this year that the Simpsons is "better" than South Park :D

Return to “General South Park Discussion”