south park vs. family guy (Now vs. The Simpsons too!)

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

uhwdeepnorth

Postby uhwdeepnorth » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:56 pm

Family Guy and South Park in my opinion you can't compare them. Entirley different humor that can be taken in many ways. To say that Family Guy fans are "retarded" "laughing at the dumb jokes" and such is just bull sh*t. I liked South Park way before Family Guy, when I started watching Family Guy. It never crossed my mind once to compare the shows. Before those two ripping on Family Guy episodes released on South Park I thought there was like this non exsistant wall that just made it so one show couldn't touch the other. Now, if you sit there and logically pick at the shows, and pick out the negative things about it. Sure South Park has very little things to pick at than Family GUy. But what does Family Guy have? It's the same washed up sh*t that people say everytime when they rip on it. It's a rip off of the Simpsons? What because there is a family? The only character that qualifies for being a rip off is Peter and Homer. Granted look at the rest Meg and Lisa? Lisa= smart, has friends, acknowledged by her family
meg= not really smart, hated/ignored by her family you get the point
bart and chris entirley different characters without me having to explain why
stewie and who? Maggie... girl to boy ; genius to no talking

I really sidetracked there that's not the point at all. Nor was it made really clear why I mentioned what someone else above did. South Park is a great show and even their new episodes seem to be equally as good as their old. Family Guy a great show, just there interchangable scenes that have nothing to do with the plot ruin it. Just a thought but they have to realize that by now that they can't just keep making so many random jokes like that all they will have left is the dumb audience that watches it for that and probably doesn't even entirley understand the joke all he knows is Peter is having lunch with an elephant and talking slowly to get to the stupid punch line that turned out to be terrible anyways. Lazy writers. But when you look passed the jokes that have nothing to do with the plot Family Guy is still a good show, sure it was better before they realized themselves and decided hey we have enough audience to make sh*tty shows that took half the time and work as our other ones. But if they come back Season 5 like they were in Seasons 1-3. With that kind of Family GUy there is no comparision between the two. The older South Park Fans can sit there and decide family guys "dumb" or a "rip off".. but if there Seth Mcfarlane cares enough you can eat your words next season when the rumored episode of Family Guy ripping on South Park is aired. I watched the south park episodes that ripped on family guy and laughed. Now i'm going to prepared to watch the family guy episode ripping on south park and laugh beacuse they are funny for different reasons. PLEASE someone instead of sitting here picking out the errors and mistakes i wrote in this say something else, say something agreeable with this if possible.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:38 pm

Chuckj892 wrote:um no comedy central will dont believe me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama#C ... and_future
Um, any one can change what wikipedie says, so its probably a hoax. :?: :?: :?:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
southparkfan1986

Postby southparkfan1986 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:27 am

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:The way I see it: dumb and smart people enjoy South Park for different reasons. Dumb people enjoy it for the nasty fart jokes and smart people enjoy it for the political incite and the metaphorical messages. Myself? I enjoy it for both. :lol:

I agree 100%, South Park is becoming more and more of a current events show to the point where when something crazy happens in the news you can expect it to show up in the next episode of South Park. And they still have retained their immature and rash aspects throughout.
Family Guy is hilarious. I wouldn't say its not well written (like Trey and Matt say) just because the jokes are random and not in tune with the plot. It could be that way (random and unconnected) and still suck, but it doesn't.
MannequinOFolly

Postby MannequinOFolly » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:33 am

i havent seen much of the simpsons at all, but i hear it was brilliant. however, american dad is truly terrible, the characters are copied blatantly and horribly off of FG and the plot/jokes in every episode i've seen has sucked. at least the simpsons got a good rippoff (family guy) all FG gets is this crappy excuse for a show called american dad.

If you're born once, you die twice.
If you're born twice, you die once.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:13 am

Yes, The Simpsons borrows some ideas from The Flintstones and The Honeymooners but it has plenty of originality to it as well, as Iceiwynd stated. Family Guy, however, has on several occasions completely ripped off of jokes from The Simpsons and claimed them to be their own. This is blatant plagiarism. The Simpsons makes fun of itself whenever it rips off of another show such as The Flintstones. Inspiration is one thing, but completely stealing ideas, jokes, and plot twists from another show is cheap and unprofessional. Also, no matter how badly Family Guy tries to be the "new and improved" Simpsons, it will always be an inferior product.

And I also agree with Iceiwynd that Family Guy can't really be compared to South Park. South Park and The Simpsons are my two favorite shows and they're completely seperate entities. That's what I love about them. I'm not watching the same show by two different names when I'm watching these two. Not like Fox's Sunday night lineup of The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad, which is just one show by three different names. (The Simpsons being the one true original.)
alloutmo

Postby alloutmo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:41 am

i jus saw a comercial were stuwie is talkin and then says somethin like "like that time i danced with William Shattner" not what he really says but u get the point and then he stands still and then looks off camera and says "o no cutscene well anyway" again not really wat he says but maybe now they can change the whole non interchangable joke system witch u all jus steal from the cartoon wars episode so maybe they can make all u critics who r on that episodes di** jus shutup i know mad people r gonna talk sh** 2 me but u know wat u all r jus sayin wat that episode said so make your own complaints up please
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:44 am

alloutmo, I'll give you a real response relating to what you said when I can understand you. Please use proper English.
alloutmo

Postby alloutmo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:03 am

i don no if u were tryin 2 be funny or jus being your nonfunny self but if it takes 3 times for u 2 understand it go on and do so
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:16 am

Okay, that message I understood. No, I'm not trying to be funny. I'm totally serious here. Just type with proper English, it makes you easier to understand, and it makes you seem less stupid, thereby your point not only gets across to other people, but it also seems a bit more intelligent. Besides, it's not that hard to do it. I'm not going to waste my time attempting to decipher a message some guy wants me to read. It's said guy's duty to make sure that the people he wants to read it are capable of understanding it.
alloutmo

Postby alloutmo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:45 am

your just a loser who sits there and puts periods at the end of a sentence and writes properly in a forum these are supposed 2 be quick little ideas not 2 pages long i put stuff thats quick and to the point because i have a life and not all day to write in a forum
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:21 am

You have a life... and yet, since your location states NJ, it's what, 5 AM there right now? And... you're posting on a forum?

Look, see how I'm not the only person here typing decently? See how I'm not the only person here who has written out longer posts? It's all well and good to get to the point, but there is absolutely no reason to butcher an innocent language while you do it. Besides, you want to explain your point, you told me to read it, yet I am unable to understand it... So why were you wasting your life at all arguing with me? (Besides, those posts only take a matter of minutes to type up.)

This is so off topic. I'm done arguing with this idiot over the subject of not destroying the English language. Back to the point: Once again, word on KSWF. And besides, another thought that recently occurred to me: Yes, it is obvious enough that Peter is pretty much copied off of Homer; however, is Peter not pretty much the main character on the show? Yes, Chris and Brian are original, but I don't exactly see them starring in nearly as many episodes as Peter has.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:47 pm

alloutmo wrote:i jus saw a comercial were stuwie is talkin and then says somethin like "like that time i danced with William Shattner" not what he really says but you get the point and then he stands still and then looks off camera and says "o no cutscene well anyway" again not really wat he says but maybe now they can change the whole non interchangable joke system witch you all jus steal from the cartoon wars episode so maybe they can make all you critics who r on that episodes di** jus shutup i know mad people r gonna talk sh** 2 me but you know wat you all r jus sayin wat that episode said so make your own complaints up please

Okay, difficult as it was, I was able to determine what you were saying with this post. Yes, the points I'm making are a lot like the points Matt and Trey made in Cartoon Wars. That doesn't mean I'm unable to come up with my own opinion. I just see no reason to seeing as I agree with what Matt and Trey said. I had that opinion of the cutaways even before Cartoon Wars aired. Hell, that's one reason I liked the two-parter so much: it reflected my own views perfectly. There are other reasons why I find myself disliking Family Guy lately which South Park didn't cover (namely the blatant plagiarism of jokes from The Simpsons) but the cutaways are still a big part of why Family Guy isn't a very good show.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:05 pm

alloutmo wrote:I just saw a comercial where Stewie is talking and then says something like "like that time I danced with William Shatner" (not what he really says but you get the point) and then he stands still and then looks off camera and says "Oh no! cut scene! well anyway" (again not really what he says) but maybe now they can change the whole non interchangable joke system which you all just steal for the "cartoon wars" episode so maybe they can make all you critics who are on that episode's dick jus shut up. I know mad people are gonna talk sh*t to me but you know what? You all are just saying what that episode said so make your own complaints up please.

Fixed.

They can change the whole non interchangable joke system, but will they?

What's wrong with reiterating MnT's views?

alloutmo wrote:your just a loser who sits there and puts periods at the end of a sentence and writes properly in a forum these are supposed 2 be quick little ideas not 2 pages long i put stuff thats quick and to the point because i have a life and not all day to write in a forum

Then either write properly or don't write at all. Posts can be as long as they want. Your writing style is crap and I may start editing your posts instead of quoting them and correcting them.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:42 pm

Ohh, now I see what he was trying to say.

Once again, agreeing with KSWF. Besides, it's hardly the lazy writing that I'm against (although it still does suck), it's more the plagiarism (both characters AND jokes) - and when The Simpsons points this out there's just immature mud slinging from FG, and no good points stated at all. I'm expecting the same thing to happen in this "legendary episode" where they get back at SP.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:43 pm

South Park has a better storyline but Family Guy is funnier.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”