Are you happy with the direction south park is going???

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:30 pm

I'm undecisive aboot the direction the show is going. Most boys-being-boys episodes are very funny, but, I now think that political episodes are becoming unfunny because they relate too much with right-wing agenda. Comparing the movie with the Manbearpig episode, it would appear that they turned completely from one side to another. They might do an episode on origins of the species, and, as unbelievable as it may be, they might side with creationists. This, coming from the people who did so many God jokes, is at least weird.

I have no problem with vulgarity jokes, because they are, in many ways, the core of South Park. I don't mean to be insulting or to sound exessively politicaly-based, but I have the impression that many of South Park's newest, conservative fans don't like the fart jokes and believe they are unnecessary (again, it's just my opinion, you don't need to curse me if you think it is stupid). What I don't like are old,old gags like the one person in the audience clapping at something. There have been entire shows, such as "People like us" that center in people trying to look cool, but failing. This kind of joke annoys me, because is, in many ways, the exact same joke.
This is not a sig.
nukkie

Postby nukkie » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:08 am

Okay I've been investigatin the south park series and must say the newer ones from 6 - 10 are f*ckin awesome .. matt & trey outdone themselves ... so yes I'm glad the way they're going that "south park is gay" thing - pure genius also the jewfin episode , a million little fibers , lemmiwinks, the one with mr. garrison want to be molested , the paris hilton thing and the warcraft ep , etc... are all my favourites yes they're great except the 9/11 thing the last one maybe I shouldn't have watched it after that gay michael moore stuff . I don't know just didn't like it as much as the others ... but season 10 is still going on strong but mister hankey might want to make another appearance or some terminator episode could be hilarious (yes as in I'll be back ) but hey who knows south park f*ckin rules
nukkie

Postby nukkie » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:14 am

and it's all about the momentum you know like in vote or die when stan got spit in the face from the whole town and had to leave on a mule with a busket on his face and the spaghetti western influence it had.. offcourse the music did a whole lot..and it just went from funny to friggin ' blood shooting out my nose' hilarious..; and it's moments like that which make me shed a tear and remember how great south park really is....
Holmia Suecia

Re: Are you happy with the direction south park is going???

Postby Holmia Suecia » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:37 am

swellman7 wrote:Are you happy with south park???many say it's been going downhill.Some say it's better than ever.What do you think?

When is saw the last three episodes of the first half of season 10, I was sure it was going downhill. Then I saw MLNW and MOTUD. That was all I needed. It's right on top again, at least for a while longer.
Oh, what a gay time we shall have, and I do mean gay as in festive, not as in penetration of the bum!

But you know, if you have completely lost your sense of humor, you can always become a writer for the show, "Friends"

COWABUNGA motherf*cker!!!
nukkie

Postby nukkie » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:02 am

yeah friends that's what they should do in south park make a south park episode based on friends or do something around friends and ad some or a celebrity again yeah so instead of laughing with friends (who does that anyway) we get to laugh at friends (yet another joke not wasted) ...

yes Friends suck

"pearl harbor sucks ... & I miss you"
gooneh

Postby gooneh » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:47 pm

I used to barely watch south park due to the lack of airtime we get in australia. I stopped watching after season 5-6ish and just recently started watching everything again.

I reckon the show has evolved far better than most other shows out there like the simpsons, family guy etc (for instance, personally i loved many family guy episodes earlier on, but the show just hasnt really grown from the last season onwards imho).

My favourite seasons are (no real order):
season 4
season 6
season 9
to me, i think south park really changed after season 5, and through season 6...i can't really put my finger on it just off the top of my head, it's like the style of humour evolved a bit (maybe it was kenny not dying every ep afterwards? i don't really know :P)

season 10 is looking to be a fairly good so far to me.
jrzshore

Postby jrzshore » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:03 pm

I don't see what's not to like about the new episodes.

Unless..

1) You don't get the references. The younger viewers might not even know who the Hardy Boys are even more, except wrestlers.

2) You don't agree with the show's political leanings. They're not liberal (though not neo-cons), so the more left-leaning fans don't like it as much

3) You don't like episodes that require thinking. Hey, they're trying to hit you at a cerebral level, not just "Look, jokes... I get jokes". And yet, there's still plenty with no politics at all. Look at the Little League episode.

I think it's #3 that affects most who don't like it lately. I mean, #1 might work for Warcraft, and #2 might work for the political episodes, but #3 is all encompassing. And I'm not saying you're wrong for not liking the episodes for that reason, you want entertainment, and you're not as entertained by something like this. That's cool.

But I think it shows great maturation on the creators' part to go in this direction. What does it say on the maturation of the fans who can't let go of the first 5 years though? Again, not a knock, but if you grew up with the show, you'd think you'd've grown up with the show, you know?

(See what I did there?)

Return to “General South Park Discussion”