South Park in Japanese

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Kikyo-chan

South Park in Japanese

Postby Kikyo-chan » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:38 am

Just curious as to wether or not anyones seen it^^0
"Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the Real World"-Motoko Kusanagi
CoolCoates

Postby CoolCoates » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:16 am

various episodes have japanese speaking in them (mostly by Trey) like "Mecha Streisand", "Chinpokomon" and "Good Times with Weapons", but I've never seen a full episode in japanese, nor would I understand it :D
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:07 am

I've seen an episode of it in Japanese, and thought it was pretty good. n_n The voice acting's pretty good, and the Butters' voice in the Japanese dub is adorable.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Kikyo-chan

Postby Kikyo-chan » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 pm

Jay C wrote:I've seen an episode of it in Japanese, and thought it was pretty good. n_n The voice acting's pretty good, and the Butters' voice in the Japanese dub is adorable.

I thought Butters voice was good,too.I also thought Kyle's voice was cute^^I was expecting some type of crazy sounding voice,considering as it Kappei Yamaguchi(Inuyasha's voice actor),but it was actually pretty good:)
"Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the Real World"-Motoko Kusanagi
KirstenFromHell

Postby KirstenFromHell » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:13 am

I would be very interested in seeing Japanese dubbed South Park. I don't suppose someone could tell me where I could find this on the web. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be moving to Japan any time soon.
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5EnbUBH2KQ

Search " サウスパーク " on youtube to find more :3

Edit: I went through my favorites to find more : D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDXPRIzCQh8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSzzQwUX1xQ

Heck. You can even search "South Park Japanese" and get a bunch of results. 8D

Butters has the cutest voice I have ever heard D:
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:50 pm

Oneirogenic wrote:
Butters has the cutest voice I have ever heard D:

Yes.. yes he does and in Butters' Very own Episode the theme sooong is sooo cute. I've also seen pink hand bags for sale in bootleg japanese/chinese stores with south park characters all over them. It's like.. Japanese seem to consider South Park a very girl oriented show, and... XDDD So do I lol.

I know the man who does Stan's voice is a famous actor in Japan.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:52 pm

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:Yes.. yes he does and in Butters' Very own Episode the theme sooong is sooo cute. I've also seen pink hand bags for sale in bootleg japanese/chinese stores with south park characters all over them. It's like.. Japanese seem to consider South Park a very girl oriented show, and... XDDD So do I lol.

Oh god. WHERE!? kl;asjfasdf Pink+South Park=HEAD EXPLODING WONDERFULOCITY. ;A;
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:14 pm

Oneirogenic wrote:
Oh god. WHERE!? kl;asjfasdf Pink+South Park=HEAD EXPLODING WONDERFULOCITY. ;A;

Try a China Town or an area in your state that's mostly Chinese/Japanese. But yeah, they tend to pile things like that into cheesy kiddy toy stores so it's mostly chance.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
*Towlie*

Postby *Towlie* » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:48 am

Never seen japanese sout park before :?
JayMarine

Postby JayMarine » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:10 pm

anyone ever watched SP in german?
its totally crappy, everything is translated, even the god damn songs are in german...
matt and treys genius is destroyed and its not worth to watch it... i'll apologize for all the german retards who have never watched it in english...
so, just wanted to tell u guys, cu :D
"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks..."
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:13 pm

I've seen a couple of clips from the Japanese version of the movie, specifically the "Uncle Fucka" and "Kyle's Mom is a Bitch" songs. One thing that struck me is that Kyle's voice actually sounds more, well, masculine in the Japanese version. They don't pitch it nearly as high as they do Matt's voice in the original.

Also Cartman's voice in the Japanese version, while lacking the sassy accent Trey uses, is pretty spot on for his character.
OhiItsButters

Postby OhiItsButters » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:45 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:I've seen a couple of clips from the Japanese version of the movie, specifically the "Uncle Fu[you][/you]cka" and "Kyle's Mom is a Bitch" songs. One thing that struck me is that Kyle's voice actually sounds more, well, masculine in the Japanese version. They don't pitch it nearly as high as they do Matt's voice in the original.

Also Cartman's voice in the Japanese version, while lacking the sassy accent Trey uses, is pretty spot on for his character.

Yep, I managed to dig up three episodes and the movie in Japanese, then I ripped the audio from the movie so now I have the Japanese soundtrack. It's actually fun to hear the songs in Japanese. As for the voice acting, I think they did make some of the kids' voices too masculine, but other than that they are very good transitions into japanese voices. Cartman's is probably the most fitting, though.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:59 pm

Mm. I'd love to see some more of the Japanese dub of SP. I've seen a bit more of it thanks to YouTube (my first exposure was a few years back through some sound clips on the net of the movie songs ).

Did you know though, that they skipped over "A Ladder To Heaven" in Japan's broadcasting of season 6? They also left out "Krazy Kripples", IIRC. And "Chinpokomon". Though at the same time, it might not have been just 'racial insensitivity' fears, but I can imagine it would've been a pain to translate as well.

If the show's already dubbed in Japanese, what do the Japanese characters speak? And if the kids were suddenly speaking Japanese while in their trance in our version, what would've they spoken there? The complications probably had a hand in Chinpokomon being skipped, besides the whole 'small penis' thing.

I'm not sure if they've dubbed season 8 there yet (or at all), as WOWOW (the channel that carried SP)'s site no longer has the show listed in their active programming, and the SP subsite hasn't been updated since season 7 (aired in '04 in Japan). Plus, the few 'Japanese season 8' (and on) clips I've seen on YouTube are only Japanese-SUBTITLED. No dubs so far..

Cartman is voiced by a woman ("LILIKO"), by the way. I was kind of weirded out by Stan and Kyle's japanese VAs at first, as I haven't heard them sound so higher-pitched in a long time. I do like Kappei Yamaguchi's rendition of Kyle, though! Besides doing Inuyasha, he's also the japanese dub voice for Bugs Bunny (and Plucky from Tiny Toons), the voice of Usopp (One Piece), the title character from Ranma 1/2, and so many more characters.

Wendy and Butters are done by the same VA (Noriko Suzuki), so it's amusing to hear the two.
Last edited by Cerisa_Roz on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
biggum300

Postby biggum300 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd1q42wdevs&NR its a theme song Japen (dnfbgrj) can japenesse people under stand
[imge0]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/Biggum300/Untitled-1.gif[/imge0]

Return to “General South Park Discussion”