Why all The characters have BIG eyes

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

mammotha

Why all The characters have BIG eyes

Postby mammotha » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:54 am

:D can someone say why? because of the mountains? :D becuaose of the air? :D because they stair so much ? :DD why?
No :]
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:26 am

Because it's a cartoon, and in most cartoons, the characters have big eyes. They allow for expressions to be conveyed way, way more easily than regular-sized eyes.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:20 am

It’s just part of the animation. Plus as iceiwynd said, it helps with stuff like facial expressions. Plus it’s kinda cute and overall cartoony!

What you should really be asking is why people from Anime shows have such big freaking mouths.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
cartman's girl

Postby cartman's girl » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:25 am

Because.....just because.
-I'll stop making sigs for a while
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:40 am

Because it's Matt and Trey's style, man.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mammotha

Postby mammotha » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:35 pm

:D
not at all animations characters have big eyes :D
Kaixx

Postby Kaixx » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:54 pm

mammotha wrote::D
not at all animations characters have big eyes :D

why have they got small legs? :D why? :DD because of the trees? :D because of terrance and phillip? :D

Just because they do. Like Big-Will said, it's their style.
mammotha

Postby mammotha » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:55 pm

Shor legs its they style ?:D
Kyle the Skeptic

Re: Why all The characters have BIG eyes

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:31 pm

mammotha wrote::D can someone say why? because of the mountains? :D becuaose of the air? :D because they stair so much ? :DD why?

All the better to see you with. :shock:
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:34 pm

Why are all the characters have big eyes? Because you touch yourself at night.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:39 pm

^ That failed, big time.

And yeah, big eyes are generally just used to express the characters' feelings/thoughts or whatever. Also, with chibi, when it's used to add a cute effect to the character.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:50 pm

Jay C wrote:^ That failed, big time.

I'm not here to impress strangers a f*cking message board. Jesus Christ...it always has to be the one person on a message board that thinks that they are hot sh*t.

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:56 pm

Jello_Biafra wrote:
Jay C wrote:^ That failed, big time.

I'm not here to impress strangers a f*cking message board.

Strange, it seemed that way when you posted that.

Jello_Biafra wrote:Jesus Christ...it always has to be the one person on a message board that thinks that they are hot sh*t.

Yeah, but that was you. 'Why are all the characters have big eyes? Because you touch yourself at night.' That's something I'd expect from a complete jackass who is trying to impress everybody else and make them laugh. Shut the f*ck up, trying to look smart by making somebody else look dumb, you dickhead.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:12 pm

In a lot of cartoons, children are shown with huge eyes because it makes them look cuter and more innocent. I guess that's a part of why the SP kids might have the large eyes.
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:26 pm

Jay C wrote:Strange, it seemed that way when you posted that.

Actually, what I wrote originally was a joke. Everyone repeated just about the same f*cking answer, so instead of repeating the same garbage like everyone else, I decided to kid around. It wasn't the greatest joke on the planet, but not to belittle anyone. Sorry if your life is so unfufilling and negative that you took my post as a negative response. Next time I'll spell it out to people like so so you'll know next time if it's worth getting worked up over nothing. Like I said, I'm not here to impress strangers...but the same can be said about you.

Jay C wrote:Yeah, but that was you. 'Why are all the characters have big eyes? Because you touch yourself at night.' That's something I'd expect from a complete jackass who is trying to impress everybody else and make them laugh. Shut the f*ck up, trying to look smart by making somebody else look dumb, you dickhead.

You seem to be an adult, so I'll assume that you're at least over eightteen. I basically said all I wanted to from the paragraph above. I stand by what I wrote. This negative teenage blasting on the internet bullsh*t is beneath me. Because, like most people on here, they have other things to do than to argue on a f*cking message board about a f*cking cartoon. I've have better things to do then to post over 3000 posts on a message board that you've been on not even a year. Wow, if that doesn't win the prize for the Anthony Michael Hall Award for depressing social status, I don't know what does. You might as well knock your own lunch tray out of your own had, buddy.

This will be my final post regarding this matter. If you still want to hold a grudge and have the "last word" on "blasting me" then be my guest. Have fun, Jay C.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”