Has marriage cost Trey his genius?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

cady888

Has marriage cost Trey his genius?

Postby cady888 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:43 pm

I love Southpark and Trey Parker--everything he's done really.. but this new season is not doing it for me..
I can't help but wonder if the blame should be put on his marriage.
Es ist Zeit für Rache!
Wir müssen die Juden ausrotten!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:45 pm

I don't think it will effect anything, south park has been noticably changing sence season 8.( I think.) :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:52 pm

I kinda think the new ep was sort of a mix between South Park’s intelligent political side (the new seasons), and it’s random funny weirdness side (early seasons), if the new episode is what you’re referring to.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
a1_3v4n5

Postby a1_3v4n5 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:40 pm

I personally think that yes South Park has changed over the years. Some changes I don't like and some I do but on the whole I still really like it and I find myself laughing out loud at most episodes.

I recently saw Chef Aid (EP201) again and saw what a stark contrast of the animation then and now and realised how old the episode was. It looked dirty and broken ... not like the smooth walk cycles they have now which have also got sharper as the series as developed. I still laughed out loud at Johnny Cochran's "Chewbacca Defense" and the record company's "I am above the law!" executive.

You can see with some of the animation now that they are using more and more shadows, particularly on their faces and also trying to do 3D shots which I think looks a little odd and uncomftable on occasion.

But I still love the show!
Butters_The_Rapist

Postby Butters_The_Rapist » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:19 pm

Marriage takes seven years before the damage really kicks in. The body's defense system (known as "morphines") are still in full gear right now and allowing him to function semi-normally since the wedding. He'll be in this state of blissful denial for seven years until the natural morphine wears off, then he'll be forced to turn to artificial stimulants such as mephamphetamines. His body will stoop, his good nature will sag, and his sense of humor will fall faster than his libido.

But this happens to all happily married couples, unless they’re blessed with a “legally departing” death.

Marriage=Game Over Sucker

PS. I thought "Tsst" seemed a little "parental" in nature compared to the other south park episodes I've seen, but since Trey doesn't have kids, I doubt that is a result of his marriage.
Uncle Alex wrote:Butters_The_Rapist
Butters is lesbian? Dude, what a weird, twisted imagination you have! :roll: :)
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:24 pm

Butters_The_Rapist wrote:Marriage takes seven years before the damage really kicks in. The body's defense system (known as "morphines") are still in full gear right now and allowing him to function semi-normally since the wedding. He'll be in this state of blissful denial for seven years until the natural morphine wears off, then he'll be forced to turn to artificial stimulants such as mephamphetamines. His body will stoop, his good nature will sag, and his sense of humor will fall faster than his libido.

But this happens to all happily married couples, unless they’re blessed with a “legally departing” death.

Marriage=Game Over Sucker

PS. I thought "Tsst" seemed a little "parental" in nature compared to the other south park episodes I've seen, but since Trey doesn't have kids, I doubt that is a result of his marriage.

:lol: WTF
Butters_The_Rapist

Postby Butters_The_Rapist » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:48 pm

^^
It's all been scientifically proven by the Japanese
Uncle Alex wrote:Butters_The_Rapist
Butters is lesbian? Dude, what a weird, twisted imagination you have! :roll: :)
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:00 pm

I honestly don't think Trey's marriage is at all affecting South Park. I don't even think this has been a bad season so far. In fact, I like Season 10 thusfar better than Season 9.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:29 am

You think Trey having sex with his wife will interfere with South Park? The past two episodes have been decent and Season 10 itself in alright, South park has changed since 97.. a lot!
nojo

Postby nojo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:31 am

Haven't we had enough conspiracy theories for one week?
Troll Whisperer
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:56 am

Butters_The_Rapist wrote:Marriage takes seven years before the damage really kicks in. The body's defense system (known as "morphines") are still in full gear right now and allowing him to function semi-normally since the wedding. He'll be in this state of blissful denial for seven years until the natural morphine wears off, then he'll be forced to turn to artificial stimulants such as mephamphetamines. His body will stoop, his good nature will sag, and his sense of humor will fall faster than his libido.

Basically he'll catch the Seven Year Itch.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:44 am

Jello_Biafra wrote:Basically he'll catch the Seven Year Itch.

Let's hope we get seven years of great SP before it goes to sh*t.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Kennyrox666

Postby Kennyrox666 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Naw, I don't think the direction that South Park is going has anything to do with Trey's marrage, nor do I really think that SP has really been going downhill. The show has just been changing since the first season; always changing which is the natural order of anything that exists. So who's to say really that the show has been going downhill? No one, because it is all really down to everyone's individual preference of something. Sometimes people are just paranoid about what's going to happen becuase of simply the passing of time, not any spicific reasoning. But that's just me...and maybe I'm paranoid about that...though I do rant about things all the time, but anyway...yeah that's my thought/opinion thing on this thing...um...I'm just gonna stop now.
Ok, who stold my stuff...?
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:32 pm

I actually LOVE these new Episodes no Marriage hasn't cost Trey his genius I just think You need to get into news and stuff like loose change to have a laugh at some of the stuff
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:31 am

Big-Will wrote:
Jello_Biafra wrote:Basically he'll catch the Seven Year Itch.

Let's hope we get seven years of great SP before it goes to sh*t.

Will he encounter Marilyn Monroe from the grave and have to decided to f*ck a dead chick or his wife?
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks

Return to “General South Park Discussion”