Has marriage cost Trey his genius?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MercyMay

Postby MercyMay » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:40 am

South Park has been on for ten season now. I honestly think that just like anything-TV shows, music, etc.-time will change it. I do think that South Park has become more political over the years but so has a lot of things.

I haven't really seen a lot of the episodes from season ten so I can't really give any opinion on that.
SerialGoth

Postby SerialGoth » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:14 pm

Oh, come on. Trey's marriage has had no adverse effect on the show whatsoever. That's just silly. Besides, it's been 10 YEARS. If the show had'nt grown and evolved at all since Season 1, then I'd be worried.
What do you fear most?
TP: Germans.
MS: That's not a bad f*cking fear, I must say.
TP: They're going to freak out and try it again.
Kain487

Re: Has marriage cost Trey his genius?

Postby Kain487 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:20 pm

cady888 wrote:but this new season is just not doing it for me....

LoL, it's just the fact that this guy is slapping himself with Peanut Butter and a handfull of Quarters
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:33 pm

i think the marigage has affected south park. it is more political now. but if it gets too political not to be funny well that would suck
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:15 pm

No,I don't think that treys writing is effected by his marriage. It is effected by his age.I'm not complaining though,because I believe south park is just as funny now as it was back during season 1. It's just funny for different reasons. The style of humor has just gotten more mature,not less funny.

fattass12 wrote:i think the marigage has affected south park. it is more political now. but if it gets too political not to be funny well that would suck

How does marriage effect your politicial beliefs?
Adorno

Postby Adorno » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:49 pm

Personally I think South Park is going from strength to strength. Every season gets better than the last. This is probably because I really like the political episodes and satire. Even when I don't totally agree with the politics I can still appreciate the humour and I love hearing what they have to say about the issues. The show is growing up with its fans. I didn't really like the first couple of seasons that much, it became my all-time favourite show around season 5.

This season so far is probably one of my favourites (apart from the notable exception of A Million Little Fibers, which I thought was one of the worst episodes ever).

So no, I don't think Trey's marriage has had any real effect on the show, she's no Yoko Ono. :)
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:58 pm

what i meant to say is that he is more mature since he is married.
Adorno

Postby Adorno » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:15 pm

The show's been getting more and more mature since it aired. Whether or not you like the direction its going in depends on your own taste in humour. He might be maturing I suppose, but then again, there's still been a lot of toilet humour in this season!

Mr. Mackey: "Oh you think that's funny, huh? Well let me assure you there is nothing funny about going up to a nice clean, unsuspecting urinal, M'kay, dropping your pants and then turning around, squatting over that urinal, M'kay, maybe, maybe, pulling your butt cheeks apart with your hands, M'kay, and then laying out a big fudge dragon for all the world to see."
Nadine81

Postby Nadine81 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:35 pm

The show's been getting more and more mature since it aired. Whether or not you like the direction its going in depends on your own taste in humour. He might be maturing I suppose, but then again, there's still been a lot of toilet humour in this season!

I totally agree with that.

In my opinion some of the BEST episodes have been in season 10 so far. Just think of Cartoon wars or Tssst...

And by the way: if someone really IS a genius, he can´t "lose" it. Either you are or you are not.

Maybe they are more political now than some years ago. But that´s not because Trey´s married. They are just getting older- which sometimes means being interested in different subjects and issues.
If the show hadn´t changed over the years, nobody would be watching it anymore- it probably would have been cancelled, because no one wants to see the same old stuff all the time.

Like Adorno said before: besides all the "mature" and political stuff, SP still has a lot of episodes where it´s just funny to watch.
manbearpig111

Postby manbearpig111 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

wait was it to that bitch that was cheating on him or what im lost
Adorno

Postby Adorno » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:04 pm

I think you might be thinking of Liane Adamo (who Cartman's mom is named after).

In January this year he married someone called Emma Sugiyama
Hall Monitor

Postby Hall Monitor » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:52 pm

Tsst is one of the all-time great episodes of South Park. And South Park, in my opinion, only became great from around the third season. I don't think the humour became more mature necessarily, but the quality and complexity of the writing improved greatly. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that there were more people to work for Trey on technical matters leaving him to concentrate on the subject matter, and the er, jokes.

For starters, South Park only really became great when they realised that Cartman was the best character. In my opinion, it became truly great the moment that Eric mimics Aliens in Cat Orgy (Series 3). "Mostly, they come at night.....mostly". And then repeats this throughout the episode. I still think this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
scouser lad here

Postby scouser lad here » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:28 pm

who cares about trey. i love hylian forever and ever ^^
Hylian3

Postby Hylian3 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:29 pm

Exactly, who cares when i have my wonderul Mr.Rammy. ^_~
Hall Monitor

Postby Hall Monitor » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:55 pm

Hylian3 wrote:Exactly, who cares when i have my wonderul Mr.Rammy. ^_~

Um...WTF?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”