Republicans for Southpark.. are you out there???

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

cady888

Republicans for Southpark.. are you out there???

Postby cady888 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:08 pm

How many of you SP fans are practicing Republicans???

I've been watching this show for a long time---I think it straddles its political stance very well--it certainly amazes me that a show entitled to a political stance chooses not to have on but news programs, movies, books that at supposed to be unbiased cannot help but be biased and overtly so...

I am definitely Republican and the show never offends me..
How many of you are with me???

Love to all of you out there....
Es ist Zeit für Rache!
Wir müssen die Juden ausrotten!
Baldour

Postby Baldour » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:55 pm

I am!
Butters_The_Rapist

Postby Butters_The_Rapist » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:08 pm

:lol: Haha sorry, I'm anarchist...
Uncle Alex wrote:Butters_The_Rapist
Butters is lesbian? Dude, what a weird, twisted imagination you have! :roll: :)
nojo

Postby nojo » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:14 pm

Butters_The_Rapist wrote:Haha sorry, I'm anarchist...

I used to be an anarchist, but it took too long to explain what I meant...

But I'm not surprised that a show produced by, um, "freethinking libertarians" draws fans from across the political spectrum. I don't always agree with M&T, but I usually enjoy the case they make.

That and the poop jokes, of course.
Troll Whisperer
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:03 pm

Matt and Trey are libertarians and so am I. Their stance is more of the "common sense" variety, not the "decide your political ideology and then stop thinking altogether and start preaching whatever views are associated with your chosen political ideology" persuasion.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:14 am

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=19398
And...
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=13624

South Park appeals to all demographics. Unless you're a fundamentalist, extremist, or any kind of idealogue, there's little reason for anyone to be offended by it.

Speaking of which, it's kind of funny to watch all the 9/11 deniers hooting and hollering over last night's episode. And I thought that the term "liberal" implied a certain degree of open-mindedness, unless that's just me. :roll:
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 am

My husband is a Republican and he's a big SP fan. (I'm a Libertarian BTW). You can't take things personally. In fact, he loved last night's episode. And I enjoyed it as well. I just thought it was a bit out of character for Stan to take a sh*t in the urinal and use the whole 9/11 thing to cover it up...that's something that Cartman would do.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:37 am

I'm a former Republican turned left leaning Libertarian. I've loved it all along and I agree with most of what's said politically on the show.
Stan and Kyle :)
professor_butters1

Postby professor_butters1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:01 am

Hmmm. I guess for lack of a better word, I'd have to say "liberal." However, I do have a sense of humor and I totally get why the "standard" liberal POV pisses people off. Heck, we piss *me* off sometimes. Most of my family are liberals but some of them are just so self-righteous that you'd swear they had had a humorectomy. I get tired of the sanctimoniousness and just want to go watch *cartoons* for heaven's sake.

I really *am* a professor at a state school and I consider it my duty to be absolutely totally neutral on politics and religion as much as I possibly can. Doesn't seem fair to me to pay for a course on history or accounting or whatever and then get something else crammed down your throat. So sometimes it is a relief to just sit back and listen to Cartman mouth off.

~~Professor Butters
Rattlehead82

Postby Rattlehead82 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:01 pm

professor_butters1 wrote:Hmmm. I guess for lack of a better word, I'd have to say "liberal." However, I do have a sense of humor and I totally get why the "standard" liberal POV pisses people off. Heck, we piss *me* off sometimes. Most of my family are liberals but some of them are just so self-righteous that you'd swear they had had a humorectomy. I get tired of the sanctimoniousness and just want to go watch *cartoons* for heaven's sake.

I really *am* a professor at a state school and I consider it my duty to be absolutely totally neutral on politics and religion as much as I possibly can. Doesn't seem fair to me to pay for a course on history or accounting or whatever and then get something else crammed down your throat. So sometimes it is a relief to just sit back and listen to Cartman mouth off.

~~Professor Butters

Thank God for professors like you. I hate when I hear a story on the news about some liberal professor forcing his/her opinion on his/her students.

I'm a Republican and I personally think this show is the greatest creation ever!
der
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:54 pm

I'm more likely to be offended by something as silly as Stan telling Wendy off than having my religion or political ideology made fun of.
MercyMay

Postby MercyMay » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:44 am

Well, I really dislike political parties. I can't really say which way I lean. A lot of the things liberals and conservatives do annoy me.

Which is why I'm in the middle.
SEEKTHETRUTH

Postby SEEKTHETRUTH » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:45 am

republicans suck..
but so do democrats..
George Washington]
It is not my intention to doubt that the doctrine of the Illuminati and the principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more satisfied of this fact than I am.
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:03 pm

I reckon Matt and Trey have more of a mixed opinion on everything so I'd say I'm not anything I just agree with what South Park says because they say a lot of true crap
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:16 pm

Matt and Trey weren't at all pleased by the whole idea of them being G.O.P. poster boys. They've made the statement before that they hate conservatives but really, really f*cking hate liberals. Hating one more than the other doesn't mean that they're on the same side as the people they hate less.

George Washington also hated the idea of political parties. He refused to associate himself with a party and is, to this day, the only president in US history to not belong to a political party.

I hate both parties. ESPECIALLY Democrats. But ESPECIALLY Republicans. /slight variation of a Sideshow Bob quote

Return to “General South Park Discussion”