Is southpark big in the UK??

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

cady888

Is southpark big in the UK??

Postby cady888 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:27 pm

On my last post I noticed that a lot of responses were from across the pond. I get this since SP's humor is inspired by British classics--monty python, etc..
Do they air the episodes at the same time out there?
Is it as popular as it is here in the states?
You English guys are HOT HOT HOT i love the accents...
Keep on watching..
Es ist Zeit für Rache!
Wir müssen die Juden ausrotten!
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:39 pm

Oh yay I am hot! I am actually from Wales but do have a Robert Smith esque accent no sadly they do not air episodes even close to the same time We have only just gotten season 10 so we have to download everything
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
PureOxygen

Postby PureOxygen » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:41 pm

yeah it is quite big over here.... i think we are at the same episode as you on season 10... wait let me check... **Runs to TV then runs back**

yeah i think we are... South park is widely popular over here at least in my town anyhow!
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:05 pm

Well You must live in a good town....and have Comedy Central because South Park only plays on that and Paramount and Paramount never show the newest newest episodes We are still on first half of season 10
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
cady888

english hotties...

Postby cady888 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:17 pm

Well if any of you hot English SP fans ever come to San Fran look me up...
hhahah
Es ist Zeit für Rache!
Wir müssen die Juden ausrotten!
Tiggalow69

Postby Tiggalow69 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:49 pm

South Park was really big over here in like 1999, then unles u have cable it was rarly shown, hardcore fans like my self have to download epidodes, also its hard to get hold of any merchandise over here, there is stil quite a big fan base but it has died down over the years, if any one over here in england knows were to get SP merchandise please inform me :D
Tiggz
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:56 pm

As far as I know, Paramount Comedy 1 and MTV are the only channels you'll find South Park on in the UK at the moment.
The 10th season premiered on the 1st of September on Paramount and Cartoon Wars Part I and II are still to be shown.
They're currently going through season 4, with MTV roughly following behind with the same episodes. I don't believe they've shown the first half of season 10 yet. We'll probably get the second half early next year. Luckily for those who can't wait (like me), there's always Mr. Twig's :D
Hello, I'm a British person!
Jay-J

Postby Jay-J » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:56 pm

You know, SP would be bigger if they decided to put SP back on Channel 4 or even on Freeview.

I only catch it now and then on ParaComedy... but they keep showing the same old episodes. :?
Tweak_Hammertime

Postby Tweak_Hammertime » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Its great to hear an american likes us! =D, But it's not big for all people from where i am. There are alot of mediocre fans if you get what i mean. (there are people that like it, but dont love it like me!). And the only chance i get to see episodes on TV is when the TV is free at around 9ish. And they only tend to show on paramount comedy! =( ...WE WANT COMEDY CENTRAL!

I think it would be pretty cool if they put SP on skyone! Like i think they sometimes show american dad and family guy on there, they should play SP around the same time shift!
Nicccceeeeee!!
We love you england, we do!
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:30 pm

They've never had Family Guy or American Dad on Sky One, but they've got Simpsons and Futurama on there. Family Guy is on FX and sometimes on BBC3 along with American Dad.
I agree, South Park should be on Channel 4 like it used to be, and I don't know why it was pulled but that was years ago now. If Channel 4 did still show it though, I doubt we'd be getting the episodes as soon as we do on Paramount Comedy, since Paramount Comedy is owned by Viacom who also own Comedy Central.
Tiggalow69

Postby Tiggalow69 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:11 pm

it was roumerd that channel 4 couldnt afford to have south park because they used alot of their budget buying the simpsons off bbc2 :!: not sure if thats true but iv herd it off a few ppl
Tiggz
x-xhattiex-x

Postby x-xhattiex-x » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:48 pm

it usd 2 b bt isnt as much now. i dnt think we're on the same show as u now tho. we usd 2 hv 2 new episodes shown evri friday bt i dno wot hpnd 2 tht :? now we're running series 4 on Paramount Comedy, we're goin thru thm in order. at least i think we r :? rli annoyin cz u read abt the new episode on here n thn we hv 2 wait a while until we cn watch it ovr here :(
DaretoDie

Postby DaretoDie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:15 pm

I wish it was as big in the UK now as it was in like '98 (back when I couldn't watch it :P ) I usually download all the new episodes so I'm pretty up to date but I sometimes watch it on MTV from 9pm onwards...and the lack of merch is killing me too-I'm after so many plushies!
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:38 pm

Yeah, I wish it was as big as back in the day. But it was new then, it was controversial. It's not really part of the public eye these days. Plus, the fact that it's not on terrestrial anymore probably hasn't helped it gain popularity.
I think people nowadays have to seek it out if they want to watch it here, rather than have it easily accesible and therefore people will have lost interest because they're unable to watch it or because it's not in the public eye as much as it used to be; it's taken a backseat.
x-xhattiex-x

Postby x-xhattiex-x » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:00 pm

here's a site that shows you all the new episodes u hear abt on here tht the UK gets a bit later :D

http://allabout-sp.net/

just go on the episodes icon on the toolbar at the top and choose any episodes you might hv missed/the new episodes tht rnt out yet ovr here in the UK :wink:

thnx alot tiggz(tiggalow69) :D :D !

Return to “General South Park Discussion”