Steve Irwin in South Park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

randyhart

Postby randyhart » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:10 pm

The reason Aussies are pissed because Steve is the ONLY thing Australia had as a sort of Icon

Who cares about Him though I felt sorry for the Stingray's family I mean how could they do it to the stingray's family so soon?

Sasha you are Pwning that guys ass

We win and We kick ass

all Your base are belong to us!
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
Tweak_Hammertime

Postby Tweak_Hammertime » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:22 pm

^Not cool^ :roll:
Nicccceeeeee!!
We love you england, we do!
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:33 pm

John Lennon is an icon. Steven Spielberg is an icon. For f*ck's sake, Eric Cartman is an icon.

I'm sorry but Steve Irwin is no where near icon status. I'm sure most people had a hard time recollecting who he is until he died and this WHOLE thing got blown out of proportion.

And more importantly, some people seem to only be signing up to this website to voice their disdain for Matt and Trey. But what you don't realise is, you're actually supporting the programme by signing up and increasing the registered fanbase. As is discussing the episode in any way shape or form, because there is no such thing as bad publicity. So good for you the people who have hairs up their arse about it, you're doing more good for the show than bad. :P

I am a fan of Irwin's, I admire any nature documentary makers, but I am not offended as so many people seem to be. It is funny.

If you didn't like it or were offended, I thank you for taking part but if you're not prepared for what South Park has to offer, then get the fuuuuuuuudge out.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Bt1221

Postby Bt1221 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:39 pm

Whats the difference if someones been dead 8 weeks or years like princess diana, I dont see any of you ranting and raving about that cause she was still on that episode. He was a good man but when I saw it like any celebrity or murderer I still laughed and then said thats just sick and wrong. Admit it, many of you do too. you laugh for two seconds and then say "thats just wrong" but you keep watching. They probably could have waited a while longer and done without the stingray but this isnt going to have me stop watching and come on....who haven't they made fun of yet!
I was Mr. Garrison for halloween, I had my mom make me a mr. hat puppet. Everyone loved it.
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:41 pm

Bt1221 wrote:Whats the difference if someones been dead 8 weeks or years like princess diana, I dont see any of you ranting and raving about that cause she was still on that episode. He was a good man but when I saw it like any celebrity or murderer I still laughed and then said thats just sick and wrong. Admit it, many of you do too. you laugh for two seconds and then say "thats just wrong" but you keep watching. They probably could have waited a while longer and done without the stingray but this isnt going to have me stop watching and come on....who haven't they made fun of yet!

Actually, I thought it was sick and wrong first, and then laughed :D
Hello, I'm a British person!
ammonium

Postby ammonium » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:04 am

Bill Maher dressing in this Halloween's most popular costume:

http://time.blogs.com/daily_dish/2006/10/bill_mahers_hal.html

So far, every man I've spoken to is either planning on going in this costume or seriously thinking about it.

Maybe I should go as a stingray.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:14 pm

Order! Order!

The judge will rise.... tis I, CartmanMills

After reviewing the evidence of terrible grammer and annoying repetition, I find those newbies who signed up and "outraged" South Park fans... GUILTY AS CHARGED!

No, in all fairness, this arguement is getting tiresome. Can't you do this without having to resort to "f*ck"? Honestly, Steve Irwin is dead. He's been dead for two months. Christ almighty, they ripped the piss outta Terry Schiavo (whatever her name is) and the media didnt even blink twice. Because it's Steve Irwin, everyone goes nuts.

I was a fan of the guy and I laughed. There. I defend the joke simply because it was relatively mild compared to what they've done in the past. I'm sure the family of Irwin aren't going to spend all their time whining about a cartoon. People are going to make these jokes because they dont feel like the Aussies about Irwin, whetehr they like it or not. So let it be South Park who makes it the funniest.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:24 pm

Yeah, that's what culture and the media get when there's a programme that exists that only takes three days to create an episode.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Adorno

Postby Adorno » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:07 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:And more importantly, some people seem to only be signing up to this website to voice their disdain for Matt and Trey. But what you don't realise is, you're actually supporting the programme by signing up and increasing the registered fanbase. As is discussing the episode in any way shape or form, because there is no such thing as bad publicity. So good for you the people who have hairs up their arse about it, you're doing more good for the show than bad. :P

Totally. Heck, they probably did it to get a little more publicity for the show. And piss off some Australians.

I hate when people sign up to complain to fans of the show, I don't know what that can possibly achieve. South Park is always edgy and offensive, there must be people who complain after every episode. And as I just said in another post, its hypocritical for people to consistantly laugh at South Park humour and then be outraged when it crosses your own boundaries of decency. They made the joke even funnier when they parodied the public's responce to the joke in Satan's lines.

Steve Irwin was a legend, I liked him a lot and he was a nice guy too. He's been in South Park twice, his legacy will forever live on in art. That's a good thing.
Praetorius1980

Jesus, this topic exploded.

Postby Praetorius1980 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:16 pm

Admittedly when I posted this topic I hadn't seen the episode. Now that I have its not as bad as I had imagined. I was angry at the time because it seemed totally insensitive. There were Steve Irwin jokes out the same day as his death but nothing as bad as saying he should be in hell! Suffice to say that I'm still glad I posted because I think the point to be made of all this is that there is a line.

I'm glad South Park continues to tread daintily along it.

So calm down everyone.

What's annoying me now is that dumb U.S. senator that reckons Australia is a nuclear weapons threat. How freaking dumb are you Americans!!!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”