Steve Irwin in South Park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:29 pm

I can see a lot of people are gonna be anal about this whole Steve Irwin 'ripping'... so once a Mod comes on, can he please just merge all the threads s/he can, like with what Will done with all the 9/11 nuts?
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:30 pm

It would have happened sooner or later. At least Satan objected to it. Perhaps they were trying to make fun of the Steve Irwin death parodies that are floating on the internet.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Welho

Thanks for the wake up call Matt and Trey

Postby Welho » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 pm

The first time I saw Steve attend to Satans party I was shocked and appalled because I am a big fan and supporter of the Croc Hunter and what he represents. I thought about it for some time and I understood something:
We, the "great" people of the western world think that we have the right and privilege to criticice and condemn all the other nations, people and cultures that we think are more stupid, too different, too much of a different color or opinion, inferior or otherwise something else that we are not... that's wrong I think.
T&M and South Park people in general have had the guts to bring to our attention that ridiculous concept even though they've mostly been ridiculing the same guys we westerns do in general (Saddam as Satans lover, etc).
The truth is that there's around six billion human beings on this huge/tiny planet called Earth and the only thing we're really good at is killing each other or at least making each others lives as miserable as we can by any means necessary.
With all this I mean that if South Park makes fun of anything or anyone outside of our western civilization, it should be able and obligated to make fun of anything inside of our "comfort zone" too! That's where South park just hit the jackpot by delivering the assumption that one of the hall of famers of our way of thinking just went straight to hell. Keep in mind that there are over a billion Chinese people that do think differently about the every day life that us humans are condemned to... and there´s another billion or more people in India with quite different view of life that you might even consider in your wildest dreams/nightmares/fantasies.
I think I'll leave it to this for now with my comments and thoughts. I have the point of all this in my mind but first I'll wait for the comments of other fellow South Park lovers/haters to emerge so that I'll get my thoughts more clear...
Keep up the good/bad work all you South Park creators! I'll love/hate it as I've done for too many seasons already.

All my base are belong to me,
Br,
W.
Yes.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:46 pm

I can understand why some of you were offended, but I wasn't. The reaction of the people around me bothered me initially when I was watching it because I laughed, but eh, it wasn't that bad. Steve was a great guy (some of the sh*t he did was stupid to me, but I still do respect him for his contributions to saving the environment), and SP likes to include shock humor in episodes (not that that's even close to being all it is).

If you get offended once, and you're done with South Park because of that, I'll gladly help lead you to the nearest exit. You shouldn't be watching that if you react to your offense at the joke like that. :roll:
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
ammonium

Postby ammonium » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:10 pm

It's a South Park hell episode. It was a virtual guarantee that Steve Irwin would be in it... all kinds of famous people who die quickly go to hell in South Park.

Two things about it made it much more clever than most of the celebrities in hell. First of all, Satan assumed that it was a halloween costume. Steve Irwin is probably going to me one of the most popular Halloween costumes this year. I mean, who hasn't been at a party with multiple Princess Diana's (post crash) or Sigfried and Roy's? Second, the whole gag was about how Satan said it was "too soon". Lots of irony there, for both the show and the protesters.

After watching that show, I thought that there would be some people who'd be upset, but I didn't think it would be about Steve Irwin.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:15 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:
Sasa42 wrote:Also, the uneducated will find the fact that Steve Irwin is in Hell offensive, though, if they knew more about South Park's ideology they would know that only Mormons go to Heaven. Then again, God has been allowing others in nowadays hasn't he? Hmm. Well celebrities seem popular in Hell. Maybe that's why he's down there.

Yeah, I mean like "Saint Princess Diana" would really be in hell, wouldn't she?! :roll:

Also, South Park's depictions of hell aren't always as terrible as people are led to believe. Satan walks through a park in bloom in Do The Handicapped Go To Hell? and Probably.

As we're growing up, we're all told hell is a terrible place. But as a non-believer in all that crap, how does anyone know a) if such a place exists and b) if it does, that it could be a place just like the world now, but you have to live with a permanent itch you just can't reach?? :twisted:

If everyone got over their own fears about death and where we go afterwards, maybe we wouldn't have such prejudices.

What about Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta? In South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, during the song "I Can Change", Saddam Hussein sings, "Mother Teresa wouldn't have taken a s**t on me"; it was just because she died in 1997. I'm getting angry about this, and just because she was declared blessed in 2003 after all the good she did on this earth before 1997 doesn't mean that she deserved to go to hell and all that. She was a Catholic, and so am I, so I believe she's watching over us in heaven, and so is the late Pope John Paul II.

Well?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:26 pm

1. It's South Park. People should expect it.

2. Steve Irwin has been in the show before (Prehistoric Ice Man)

3. His death was a major news story repeatedly talked about.

4. They acknowledged that people would find it offensive and that its "too soon"

5. They went and killed the stingray that killed Steve so thats probably supposed to be the same one.

My conclution, while I don't think its nice to make fun of someone's death like that, I also look at it as typical South Park. Something happens in the world (especially when its widely reported in the news) its put into the show. You should expect it regardless of what it is. I think that is one of the best parts of the show. They're not afraid to take on sensitive issues.
Stan and Kyle :)
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:47 pm

Honestly, if you're such a huge fan and you quit the show after one little joke, that really says something about what a great fan you were, doesn't it? e_e
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:48 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:What about Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta? In South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, during the song "I Can Change", Saddam Hussein sings, "Mother Teresa wouldn't have taken a s**t on me"; it was just because she died in 1997. I'm getting angry about this, and just because she was declared blessed in 2003 after all the good she did on this earth before 1997 doesn't mean that she deserved to go to hell and all that. She was a Catholic, and so am I, so I believe she's watching over us in heaven, and so is the late Pope John Paul II.

angeldeb82 wrote:Well?

Well, what? Do I look like Matt Stone and Trey Parker's minder?

Princess Diana's from the same county in England as me (Norfolk, ooh ar), but I'm not gonna take offence everytime someone rips on her. I'm also Jewish, Welsh and a diabetic, but I don't get a hair up my arse everytime someone takes the piss out of those attributes either.

You can bum Mother Teresa all you want. But that's necrophilia. She's dead, in case you didn't know.

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut is a film. Fiction, make-believe etc. Anything goes. There is nothing to curb imagination and ability to portray a narrative. If you're offended by fiction, maybe you should stick to documentaries and the news. By the way, Spinal Tap is fictional too.

If you're watching South Park, most people would assume since you've stuck it out ten years, that you should know what to expect from the programme and that you have a sense of humour. You know, ha ha.
Last edited by albino.black.sheep on Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Email notifications do matter, people.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:52 pm

iceiwynd wrote:Honestly, if you're such a huge fan and you quit the show after one little joke, that really says something about what a great fan you were, doesn't it? e_e

Well said!!
Email notifications do matter, people.
KateLovesKyle16

Postby KateLovesKyle16 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:09 pm

Honestly if my dad died and was put on south park and made fun of I would cry my eyes out. Just think if one of your parents died a few weeks ago and never came home. Then while your watching your fave show they show your dad in hell on TV all bloody I would be pissed and I would cry. But on the other hand if I died And I was shown on south park in hell where ever my ghost is at the moment I would be danceing and squealing!
[img:31e77]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/Southpark2007/gg.png[/img:31e77]
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:50 pm

Jay C wrote:I can see a lot of people are gonna be anal about this whole Steve Irwin 'ripping'... so once a Mod comes on, can he please just merge all the threads s/he can, like with what Will done with all the 9/11 nuts?

lol, you said "anal". And "nuts".
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:11 am

It was to simply cause controversy and it was funny especially having the balls not only to have a stingray coming out but also make him leave the party, Maybe Matt and Trey are bored because lack of Controversy over recent Episodes I would be

It is to show that Matt and Trey can do anything but show Muhammed standing around looking normal

Also one last thing: My heart goes out to the stingray's family it was way too soon to make fun of the poor creature
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:04 am

BRMBug wrote:
Jay C wrote:I can see a lot of people are gonna be anal about this whole Steve Irwin 'ripping'... so once a Mod comes on, can he please just merge all the threads s/he can, like with what Will done with all the 9/11 nuts?

lol, you said "anal". And "nuts".

Lol, all this discussion and all you can make from it is my use of slightly naught words. XD

Well... it is someone's duty, isn't it? :P
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:27 am

KateLovesKyle16 wrote:Honestly if my dad died and was put on south park and made fun of I would cry my eyes out. !

Yes.. but YOU aren't THEM. You don't know that his kids are offended or what. Frankly, if my dad died- he probably has it in his will that he would like very much to be in South Park. As do I.

(Dear South Park Studios, if I should die a sudden and bizare death , would you be so kind as to make fun of it in South Park? Thanks and lots of love-that other homeschooler named Rebecca.)

Considering the amount of self-mockery and his love of the camera... well I am not his family either, but I would imagine that he would be flattered- as would I.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*

Return to “General South Park Discussion”