Steve Irwin in South Park

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Neonman

Postby Neonman » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:45 am

I was reading about this post in the newspaper this morning and they were going about the episode and Irwin's family and the such. I am an Australian, but not an Irwin fan, but I respect him and he seemed like a very good man. His death was very tragic (I am suprised that they killed the sting-ray, I don't think steve would've appreciated that).
But I think that the media has depicted the tragedy worse than matt and trey. They put it in probably because it fitted and it was basically funny (it IS a comedy). But the media reported Irwin's death and milked it dry to get ratings and money. Anything that happened to the Irwin family after that (like Bindi at the Nickolodean Kid's choice Awards) would be top-story, whilst someone else who has died would be later on and not reported as much. You CANNOT laugh at Hitler being in Hell, but get all bitchy when you see Irwin in Hell as well(with a stingray coming from his chest) because you are a hypocrite. I bet there are people pissed off about SP's depiction of Hitler, but since there isn't a vast quantity of them, it's not going to matter. But because there are plenty of Irwin fans, it's now reported in the morning newspaper. An insult's an insult to anyone and it doesn't matter how many there are, I'm just clearing this up because people are like this.
I think it's an honour that Irwin was in SP. Do you think Matt and Trey were all like "Irwin died, let's make fun of him in our new episode like so many stupid MSN goers". I'm sure they respect the man. Irwin had a sence of humour, so he probably wouldn't have minded being in SP like so (though I don't think he even watched the show). If I died, I wouldn't care if people made fun of my death because, well, I wouldn't be alive for it.
And what's all this about Bindi and Terry. I'm sure they're not gonna watch the episode and have better things to do.
No matter how or what SP makes fun of, I'm still always gonna be a fan because I love them now, so I can't suddenly hate them.
Butters Stotch100

Postby Butters Stotch100 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:14 am

Yeah, i live in Australia and when the episode is shown or if its shown here, theres gonna be a lot of angry people. I know it was a joke and if they would of shown him without the stingray barb in his chest (Steve pulled the barb out in real life) everyone would of been more pleased.
Ned_Kelly

Next they'll be making a joke of 9/11

Postby Ned_Kelly » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:36 am

Steve Irwin is an Australian Hero.
Put sh*t on your own hero's and then see the American reaction.
As for SP, WELL IT HAS LOST ME!
Stupid writers who call themselves comedians, Next they'll be making a joke of 9/11, Then see if the show stays on TV?
Last edited by Ned_Kelly on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butters Stotch100

Postby Butters Stotch100 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:39 am

^Dude, i know how you feel but South Park wants and needs to make fun of everything. No matter what South Park does to offend i will still love it and every other fan should too.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Re: Next they'll be making a joke of 7/11

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:42 am

Ned_Kelly wrote: Next they'll be making a joke of 7/11, Then see if the show stays on TV?

OH NOES! Not our 7/11!!! Not that sacred cow of delicious after-school booz and ice cream. Where else can I get my Flintsones push pop?
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
bOgan_X

Postby bOgan_X » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:56 am

kfgg wrote: I also look at it as typical South Park. Something happens in the world (especially when its widely reported in the news) its put into the show. You should expect it regardless of what it is. I think that is one of the best parts of the show. They're not afraid to take on sensitive issues.

Typical South Park huh..typical as in average...no

Can any of u South Park experts tell me the
last time SP made fun of or featured a dead celeb
(nice guy) dead less than than 10 weeks.

Anyone ?
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:06 am

Does it matter? They did it. Get over it.

Not to mention that the guy, albeit well-trained and a professional, was still chasing death. It was made a big deal out of, I'm not into pop culture and I kept on hearing about his death, and no other celebrity's. If something is made THAT big a deal out of, South Park is going to go after it.

Aren't they just horrible, HORRIBLE people? God, we should stone them.
Prof. Destructo

Re: Next they'll be making a joke of 9/11

Postby Prof. Destructo » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:14 am

Ned_Kelly wrote:Steve Irwin is an Australian Hero.
Stupid writers who call themselves comedians, Next they'll be making a joke of 9/11, Then see if the show stays on TV?

Er, 9/11 was touched upon 2 episodes ago, ya dumbass.

I love how all these whining pussies are coming to the site to make 1 post saying how they will never watch again because of a 20 second joke. It's funny because I bet they'll be watching the next episode on Wednesday like the rest of us, wondering why they got so angry the week before.
bOgan_X

Postby bOgan_X » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:27 am

iceiwynd wrote:Does it matter? They did it. Get over it.

Not to mention that the guy, albeit well-trained and a professional.

LOL well trained in handling stingrays.

Mate Please post a link to a stingray
handling course or trainer.

GL with that.
Ned_Kelly

Prof. Destructo (alias: POOF. Destructo)

Postby Ned_Kelly » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:30 am

Prof. Destructo (alias: POOF. Destructo)
You idiot. STICK ya' SP where ya' boyfriends enter.
Prof. Destructo

Re: Prof. Destructo (alias: POOF. Destructo)

Postby Prof. Destructo » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:34 am

Ned_Kelly wrote:Prof. Destructo (alias: POOF. Destructo)
You idiot. STICK ya' SP where ya' boyfriends enter.

Aww, I was correct with them making fun of 9/11 and you can't handle it.

Go put your head back in your self rightious ass where it belongs so I won't have to deal with the crap your mouth is spewing.
bOgan_X

Postby bOgan_X » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:37 am

Prof. Destructo wrote:

Just had a thought....u know who was missing at the Halloween party.....LOL all the dead air crews from 9/11, would of been funny if they were at the party with there throats cut.

Really funny hey.....not.
Prof. Destructo

Postby Prof. Destructo » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:41 am

bOgan_X wrote:
Prof. Destructo wrote:

Just had a thought....you know who was missing at the Halloween party.....LOL all the dead air crews from 9/11, would of been funny if they were at the party with there throats cut.

It would have if Matt and Trey could have come up with an effective punchline to make people laugh.
bOgan_X

Postby bOgan_X » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:46 am

Prof. Destructo wrote:
bOgan_X wrote:
Prof. Destructo wrote:

Just had a thought....you know who was missing at the Halloween party.....LOL all the dead air crews from 9/11, would of been funny if they were at the party with there throats cut.

It would have if Matt and Trey could have come up with an effective punchline to make people laugh.

Could of thrown them outa the party with Steve..not in costume.
Prof. Destructo

Postby Prof. Destructo » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:51 am

bOgan_X wrote:
Prof. Destructo wrote:
bOgan_X wrote:
Prof. Destructo wrote:

Could of thrown them outa the party with Steve..not in costume.

Exactlly! Now you are thinking like an SP writer! Nothing is off limits, since either everything is okay to make fun of, or nothing is. (However, with your joke, we would need to know WHY Steve Irwin is hanging around with the victims.)

Now you are getting the hang of it. Congrats.
Last edited by Prof. Destructo on Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”