Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

bOgan_X

Re: Next they'll be making a joke of 9/11

Postby bOgan_X » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:46 am

Prof. Destructo wrote:
bOgan_X wrote:
Prof. Destructo wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:Steve Irwin is an Australian Hero.
Put sh*t on your own hero's and then see the American reaction.
As for SP, WELL IT HAS LOST ME!
Stupid writers who call themselves comedians, Next they'll be making a joke of 9/11, Then see if the show stays on TV?

Er, 9/11 was touched upon 2 episodes ago, ya dumbass.

Just had a thought....you know who was missing at the Halloween party.....LOL all the dead air crews from 9/11, would of been funny if they were at the party with there throats cut.

Really funny hey.....not.

It would have if Matt and Trey could have come up with an effective punchline to make people laugh.

Could of thrown them outa the party with Steve..not in costume.
Prof. Destructo

Postby Prof. Destructo » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:51 am

bOgan_X wrote:
Prof. Destructo wrote:
bOgan_X wrote:
Prof. Destructo wrote:
Stupid writers who call themselves comedians, Next they'll be making a joke of 9/11, Then see if the show stays on TV?

Just had a thought....you know who was missing at the Halloween party.....LOL all the dead air crews from 9/11, would of been funny if they were at the party with there throats cut.

It would have if Matt and Trey could have come up with an effective punchline to make people laugh.

Exactlly! Now you are thinking like an SP writer! Nothing is off limits, since either everything is okay to make fun of, or nothing is. (However, with your joke, we would need to know WHY Steve Irwin is hanging around with the victims.)

Now you are getting the hang of it. Congrats.
Last edited by Prof. Destructo on Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:52 am

bOgan_X wrote:LOL well trained in handling stingrays.

That was a joke on Irwin's expense. Good job, you've just proved yourself even more of a hypocrite.

bOgan_X wrote:Mate Please post a link to a stingray
handling course or trainer.

GL with that.

Try wildlife in general. Considering how he worked mostly with crocodiles and they are fuckloads more dangerous than stingrays, there shouldn't have been any real worry. He was the third person in Australia to get killed by a stingray, and what, 17th in the world? They're much more friendly creatures. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

On your 9/11 "hilarity," no, it would not be funny. Not because of the context, simply because it's not funny. It's too late after the episode aired (and if you go off on Urinal Deuce, that episode was on conspiracy theories, which actually are recent). And besides, if you accuse me of being sensitive on that topic, I'm Canadian. I don't give a rat's ass about 9/11.

That and it's just plain not funny. The idea is not funny. It's stupid.
puffadder

Postby puffadder » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:54 am

Check it out!! Mary Kay Bergman is in hell too! I think she's got something going with Saddam. Haha...hah..hah...oh, the humor!
Prof. Destructo

Postby Prof. Destructo » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:58 am

puffadder wrote:Image

Check it out!! Mary Kay Bergman is in hell too! I think she's got something going with Saddam. Haha...hah..hah...oh, the humor!

Where's the joke? Matt and Trey gave a joke to go along with the Steve Irwin appearence to make it funny. You just put Mary Kay in there.... that's lame.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:00 am

It was so awesome, they knew what response they would get, and they pulled it off without being to rough.. Matt and Trey are gods! In my honest opinion they didn't 'make fun' of him.. They made fun of the fact that it's not cool to joke about him, just like they did with a lot of other things.. It's so south parkish, I loved it!
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
AREK

Postby AREK » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:00 am

To everybody coming to this site for the first time-a couple things:

The South Park version of Hell includes Gandhi, Milton Berle, Frank Sinatra, Princess Diana, etc.

The entire population of Heaven is at most around 10,000 people.

If you watch a clip and see Steve Irwin in Hell and him saying "I thought we were friends!" to Satan, yeah it's offensive. In the show, everybody goes to Hell. Mother Teresa went to Hell. If you think it's over line, it's over the line, but there are people posting here who obviously haven't seen more than a couple episodes of the show before; keep this mind.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:04 am

Oh, I get it. They're trying to offend us by claiming that what they're doing is in the name of comedy.

Except it isn't funny at all. Not because of "offensive" content, just because it's not funny and these guys have such poor comebacks. I find it hard to take these people seriously, considering they only joined up to post ANGER!!! at South Park because, you know, how DARE they mock something.

Since it really is rather evident that these people haven't seen much of the show here, they're just furthering their appearance as ignorant assh*les who have no clue what they're talking about. At least they're funny, but only when they're trying to be serious.
Butters Stotch100

Postby Butters Stotch100 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:28 am

Its true, the people who dont watch the show and see this think that its wrong, offensive and all that crap but just like the creators said just because they make fun of it doesnt mean that they dont care about it.
bOgan_X

Postby bOgan_X » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:44 am

Prof. Destructo wrote:
bOgan_X wrote:
Prof. Destructo wrote:
bOgan_X wrote:
Prof. Destructo wrote:

Exactlly! Now you are thinking like an SP writer! Nothing is off limits, since either everything is okay to make fun of, or nothing is. (However, with your joke, we would need to know WHY Steve Irwin is hanging around with the victims.)

Now you are getting the hang of it. Congrats.

BS there are many things that SP wont touch.

The point i was tryin to make is that while SP has "touched" on the issue of 9/11 there is a line that they wont cross
RE: American public sensabilitys....and legal issues.

its ok to get laughs at the expense of Australian Public hero's but not American ones.

BTW i have seen all SP episodes many 5 or 6 times
so its not like im not a fan....just pissed off.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:55 am

CNN article: 'South Park' mocks Steve Irwin

Read it here.

-Nice
-Nicee
-Nicccceee

deegee77

Postby deegee77 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:02 am

I use to like watching South Park, but lately the episodes have become more and more disturbing. Steve Irwin was a great man, I dont care what you may think that he was careless, he did good. To make fun of ANYONES death is wrong. Bottom line, this is just cruel and tastelss. I hope his wife and children never see this.
(S)layer

Postby (S)layer » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:06 am

I must be like mentally insane or something, but the way they set the episode up and the execution of it was nearly flawless, no other series on air could've pulled this one off.

Now for all the Nay Sayers, If the administrative team from comedy central, or the board of censorship deemed the episode to be "offensive" then it wouldn't have been aired, easy as that. I'm sure they asked why M&T chose to do the episode, and I'm positive they had a valid reason, so why are you getting so worked up? Yes you might been a fan of Steve, however you didn't know him personally, and if you did I'm sure you'd have talked to them about it already.

So that being said, I suggest you take your BS someplace else and let us enjoy or TV program mmkay?
Last edited by (S)layer on Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:08 am

deegee77 wrote:I use to like watching South Park, but lately the episodes have become more and more disturbing. Steve Irwin was a great man, I dont care what you may think that he was careless, he did good. To make fun of ANYONES death is wrong. Bottom line, this is just cruel and tastelss. I hope his wife and children never see this.

"I dont care what you may think that he was careless, he did good."
WTF are you talking about? They didn't make fun of him, they just showed him, in hell, like all of the other celebs, and he wasn't wearing a costume, so he had to leave the party, what's the fuss all about? Who said he was careless? They made fun of him in the frozen iceman episode, but this time, it's wasn't making fun of him, it was just teasing people, because that's what South Park do, and they WEREN'T cruel in ANY way. He was just there.. Maybe they could have lost the stingray without ruining the joke too much, but what ever.

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:11 am

deegee77 wrote:To make fun of ANYONES death is wrong.

Then how come you're only complaining about Steve Irwin? Why aren't you complaining about their cameos of Hitler, George Burns, Ghandi, and Princess Di in hell?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”