Am I the only one that finds SP not offensive?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

misscutiepie1330

Postby misscutiepie1330 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:26 am

You are not the only one not offended by South Park, my friend. I was very upset when Steve Irwin died, but I actually snickered at what they did in the last episode. I think Steve wouldn't mind this at all! As a matter of fact, I think if Steve saw that, he would be very proud of M&T of showing him.

Another thing is 9\11. This IS a touchy subject for many people, but people need to notice it is a cartoon. Just a stupid cartoon that satirizes and lampoons everything in it's path. But this may be different for some, I barely understand what they feel, I wasn't in it. However, my friend does, her uncle got killed in 9\11 and she was out of school for over 2 weeks. It's a hard subject for a lot of people, but again, South Park satirizes EVERYTHING.

The teacher\student relationships. Now this is another touchy subject. Once again, South Park is simply a cartoon that does something with everything in it's path. I don't understand the pain and\or fear this has caused some victims, for that I've never been in the suituation. I can't say much about this one, though, since I have no experience with being in a position where I was in an inappropriate sexual relationship.

I think that if somebody doesn't understand the situation, they will just say there is nothing to be offended about. But when it comes to when they make an episode that features something that effected their lives in someway or something that simply triggered them to get pissed off, they'll start posting here saying 'HOW COULD THEY DO THAT?!?!?!?!' or 'THEY CAN'T DO THAT, I HATE SOUTH PARK NOW!!!' I think that I may do that someday, too, but for now, I'll just say those who are just here to say they are offended and they hate South Park now, get the f*ck out.

I haven't been offended by South Park at all, even if they have mentioned things that I am. Such as that they mentioned in An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig that Germans were a mistake in the world, I'm 1\2 German, and wasn't the least offended.
MyGod

Postby MyGod » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:36 am

Anyone who gets offended by South Park just isn't as smart as the rest of us to know that that makes you a hypocrit. You are worse than the rest of us if you laugh at Jew jokes and Islam jokes and 9/11 jokes but can't take a Steve Irwin joke. You shouldn't be here. Pack up.

You know what you're gonna get when you watch South Park - don't watch it. It's like those people who move in next to a race track or something then complain about the noise and that it should be removed. :roll:

PS - that Steve Irwin episode will probably get pulled from Aussie networks. Even Bloody Mary was pulled for a long time, just because of a bleeding virgin Mary. :roll:
This could be the end of the world... of warcraft
WoodyIsGod

Postby WoodyIsGod » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:54 am

I'm Australian and the Steve Irwin episode is not offensive in the slightest to 99.99% of Australians. The .01% of people who are offended are wankers anyway and they dont count. And i read someone said it will probably be pulled in Australia but i dont think it will, it will just take a while before its aired. And in all Honesty Steve Irwin was a dickhead who unfortunatly gave the impression all Australians were also dickheads who say crikey to much and nearly feed their children to crocodiles.
Everyone is up in arms about how southpark can be so cruel and mean but in "Beat" magazine, a local melbourne street mag which has all upcoming music gigs ect that is widely available to everyone of all ages. It had just 2 days after his death a joke about "Looks like steve Irwin spent too much time in the sun recently. The rays finaly got to him." This attracted no publicity at all... it is all blown out of proportion really. SouthPark is a cartoon people. GET OVER IT
MyGod

Postby MyGod » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:35 am

Yup, I guess disgruntled people are always extremely noisy.
This could be the end of the world... of warcraft
wizard_man

Postby wizard_man » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:38 am

LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT PEOPLE
1.SOUTH PARK IS A CARTOON
2.NO 1 SHOULD BE OFFENDED BY A CARTOON
3.WATS THE POINT OF BEING HERE IF COMPLAIN ALL THE TIME.

U SEE IVE LEARNT SUMTHIN
2DAY IT DOESNT MATTER
IF U GET OFFENDED BY A CARTOON
because THERE IS NUTHIN WRONG
WITH SAYIN WAT U BELIEVE IN
AS LONG AS U DONT GET SO MAD
THAT U START HATING SOUTH PARK.
satans angel

Postby satans angel » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:48 am

steve irwin is a down to earth kinda guy and if he had seen that i bet he would find it realy funny :lol:

besides anyone who finds that unfunny even a little bit is and always will be an R-TARD some people might think its in bad taste but some people need to look themselves in the mirror and give themselves a slap across the face cause when people get offended by a cartoon and protest they have nothing better to do
I mean what about the images of princess diana in hell she was a nice person but sometimes u got 2 learn 2 laugh at yourself :lol:
Princesslovelypants

Postby Princesslovelypants » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:09 am

For the record, it's not the SONGS on Mr Hankey's Xmas shitfest that I don't like, it's the fact that it's kind of badly put together bits of other eps, a bit like the rubbish ep where they're all on the school bus reminising and every memory/clip ends with them having an big ice cream.

I'm sure M&T would not be offended by the fact that I don't like clip eps, and I'm sure that even they would accept that it's not their best work.

And I don't accept that being a South Park fan means being 101% super-impressed by everything M&T do!

I'm sooo offended I might just have to have a glass of juice now. Yumzers.
CONFORMISTS!
gregh2k5

Postby gregh2k5 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:46 pm

Princesslovelypants wrote:For the record, it's not the SONGS on Mr Hankey's Xmas shitfest that I don't like, it's the fact that it's kind of badly put together bits of other eps, a bit like the rubbish ep where they're all on the school bus reminising and every memory/clip ends with them having an big ice cream.

I'm sure M&T would not be offended by the fact that I don't like clip eps, and I'm sure that even they would accept that it's not their best work.

And I don't accept that being a South Park fan means being 101% super-impressed by everything M&T do!

I'm sooo offended I might just have to have a glass of juice now. Yumzers.

You rock princesslovelypants. I agree 100%. (and I didn't that mr. hankey ep either)

P.S. After reading these posts, it's nice to see that almost everyone is on my side ;-)
I don't have to conform to everyone else and make a signature!!! oh... sh*t!
Kennyrox666

Postby Kennyrox666 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:55 am

Matt and Trey poke fun at everything, so Im never offended by the show. If they make fun of something, then they should make fun of everything, so simne they do for the most part, it's ok to me i guess. I find it all funny usually anyway, not offensive. If I found the show offensive, then i wouldn't watch it.
Ok, who stold my stuff...?
TehLilly

Postby TehLilly » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:54 am

No, I didn't find it offencive. People should know by now, after ten seasons, that Matt and Trey make fun of pretty much everything. If people are offended, they just shouldn't watch it. There's no need to make a big deal out of it.
sunfl0wer

Postby sunfl0wer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:53 am

I agree with what you said! I don't take South Park too seriously and I think it's stupid if people do, because it is a humor show and it's meant to be like this. Matt and Trey are unapologetic and that's one reason why the show is so big in the first place. Even if I got offended by something about the show, I still wouldn't make a big deal about it or start drama online.

The people who get offended should just not watch the show if it bothers them that much. Just enjoy the show and the humor and don't take it too seriously! You'll be alot more happier when you don't get offended by silly things and waste your energy on it.
[center]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!"
"Now how about our gay couple, Stan and Kyle?"
[/center]
cartman0052003

Postby cartman0052003 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:12 am

Yeah, first of all, if you don't like South park, why the hell are you on its website?

Second, what haven't Matt and Trey made fun of? You may not agree with them but you have to admit that it is hilarious.

Finally, if you are one of the retards who is offended by South Park, change the channel when it is on. Personally, I agree with everything Matt and Trey do. They are my heroes.
Cartman is the man, South Park is the greatest show on Earth and if it offends you, good.
Sgt Smokehill

Postby Sgt Smokehill » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:49 am

Anyone who has been offended by South Park needs to take a good look at themselves and ... well, those types won't anyway so why bother. If someone has that much of a soft spot in their brain for some religion, movement, belief, or celebrity, they have some emotional or psychological issues already.

I enjoy listening to the religious idiots who go ballistic when god is portrayed as an insectivorous alien, or a giant Spider Queen, but who believe their most peculiar supernatural beliefs make perfect sense. Screw 'em and the priests who rode them in.

Satire is supposed to annoy and offend, and if it hurts -- it's served its purpose. Sacred cows are meant to be cooked.

When South Park stops offending a lot of idiots, it won't be worth watching anymore. :evil:
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
Kittie Rose

Postby Kittie Rose » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:22 pm

It's not "offensive" that's the issue really - it's spreading false information. Regardless of it "Just being a comedy", South Park always has serious morals people pay attention to.

The transsexual episode was a sick joke. I looked at an old topic on this board and people actually believe a lot of negative things about TSes fueled by that episode.
I also like how M&T presume in the most recent episode that Richard Dawkins holds the same prejudices.

The atheism thing was quite offensive too - presuming that people would fight over atheism the same as religion. But we have no evidence to go by on this - as far as we can see the atheist mind set is inherently less prone to violence and forcefulness than the fundamentalist one(if arrogant).

I wish they'd return to making funny shows instead of commenting on issues they don't understand.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:27 pm

MyGod wrote:Anyone who gets offended by South Park just isn't as smart as the rest of us to know that that makes you a hypocrit. You are worse than the rest of us if you laugh at Jew jokes and Islam jokes and 9/11 jokes but can't take a Steve Irwin joke. You shouldn't be here. Pack up.

The difference is that most people will laugh at stuff like that, but when it is something they hold dear to their heart, they get all worked up over it. People get offended, and most of those people aren't here, and if they do get offended, they use common sense and don't go around saying that they were offended and demand the episode be pulled. People with extreme views are usually the ones that make it into a big deal. I have no idea where this is going, so i'll just stop.

Also, lok this guy's username is is God, only one person would call themselves God, so this must be my new account!
Setting the standard since 1852

Return to “General South Park Discussion”