South Park Promoting The Gaming World???

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

South Park Promoting The Gaming World???

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:52 pm

Is South Park promoting the gaming world? What do you think? :? :D :?:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:21 pm

Well, they certainly are doing alot of game-related things. There was the Okama gamesphere in Towelee, but now they did the Wii, The PSP and World of Warcraft.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
piggarro99

Postby piggarro99 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:36 am

It might be possible that this new avenue of discussion and scripting (games and the like) have allowed them to gain access to a wealth of new material and thoughts.

If its something that helps out southpark and a product they also seem to like along the way then I am sure they deserve all the power to them.

I thought that the world of warcraft episode was amazing... Having been dragged in to the murky world by a new housemate not even 2 weeks before, I felt it was absolutely amazing to see it combined with one of my favourite shows.

If there are 8 million people that play that game, can you imagine how lucrative tapping in to its captive audience must be. Also I hope the idea of gaming continues to be tapped in to my the dodgey duo (matt and trey) because the end result is f**king funny television.

piggarro99
nall
Site Admin

Re: South Park Promoting The Gaming World???

Postby nall » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:14 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Is South Park promoting the gaming world? What do you think? :?

Matt and Trey are gamers.

And one smiley is enough. :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:26 pm

They might even be pitting games against each other: It was observed that StarCraft and WarCraft games were displayed at the EV Games store in last week's ep, but the sponsor was Final Fantasy XII, which came out on Halloween but wasn't mentioned or shown at all. But this week's episode is ...Part XII. Hmmm...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:07 pm

Plus, bc the show is about a bunch of kids, that's how kids are, they love video games. As well as some adults too. It's fetish for a lot of ppl.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker

Return to “General South Park Discussion”