Stanley Cup is moraly and ethically wrong

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Xeroph

Postby Xeroph » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:21 pm

I could only be arsed with reading the first page of this thread and I won't be commenting on the personal issue someone decided to bring into this.

All's I'll say is that the episode was hilarious.
Hall Monitor

Postby Hall Monitor » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:09 pm

Hehehehe.....I have to say: I thought that Stanley's Cup was extremely funny. Yes, it used some similar ideas to previous shows but; Watch it again. I thought it was much better the second time. I even laughed at the Steve Irwin jokes more the second time. In fact, I slagged them off for the Go God Go episodes, saying that it oversimplified the Spaghetti Monster thing. I'd like to review that post and say I've watched the episodes again, and they're nothing short of genius. Who cares what the message was about?

The funny things is though, this thread and half the posts are even funnier than the episode itself. How many people completely missed the goddamn point and how! A scary amount of people here were actually disappointed that the hockey team doesn't win the game at the end. To these people: YOU ARE RETARDS. Go and watch the f---in Disney channel. You idiots.

And the phrase "Black Comedy" HAS ABSOLUTELY NO BASIS WHATSOEVER IN ETHNICITY. Black comedy is not comedy that Black people like, or make. LOL. Look it up
cedric-digsby

Postby cedric-digsby » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:02 pm

dmills21 wrote:...you know I just wished these guys put out a warning first, because i guess people that dont have cancer in their family whether its a death or cemo/radiation, etc. Just dont understand.

A warning? Jeez, look at the start of the show: "The following program contains coarse language and due to its content it should not be viewed by anyone." What part of that don't you understand?

And aaronw82 wrote about Kenny "dieing from being up a woman's uteras for three days". Please get your facts right. That never happened to Kenny - it was the Druggie Kid who pretended to be a slimmed down Cartman out of fat camp and then he had to pose as Kenny (as the real Kenny was arrested for giving Howard Stern a hummer).

And for those whining about death, get used to the fact Matt & Trey adore Monty Python, which firmly advocates gallows humor, as done at the song at the end of The Life of Brian:

For life is quite absurd,
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!
Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

So always look on the bright side of death!
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
Life's a piece of sh*t,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

What's the point of treating death with sadness, despair and misery? Much better to be happy for the right reasons - remembering all the good stuff.
Saul_Cake

Postby Saul_Cake » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:18 am

Okay, here we go.

1 - There was a woman in my life, she was the most important person in my life, and then she died of Cancer. She had cancer for 8 years and it was very painful and of course, painful on myself.

She died, obviously as I stated, and I have been sad of her death for the past 3 years now.

So, this being said, that episode did NOT offend me, I DID laugh at the children asking such innocent questions about cancer, and South Park DID NOT tease the fact of "CANCER" in any way.

The episode was about, the complete opposite of the typical movies (Like Mighty Ducks) instead of the kid suriving, them winning, and everyone loving the coach, it was the complete opposite, and before the child died whilst Stans team was being hit, I actually said to my girlfriend, "Now the kid will die" and he did, and I laughed.

It was funny, the child died, the team lost, they all got hurt, they all hated the coach and the father went nuts over his son loss again. Complete opposite ending, fantastic, very smart and very funny.

Now, number 2

2 - I am an Australian, and the Steve Irwin jokes were funny, I laughed because 1 / It was funny enough, and 2 / because of them taking hits at the death of Steve Irwin so soon after his death, which is funny.

I didn't take offence, everyone should learn that death is death, and instead of crying over it, have a laugh, because EVERYONE is going to die, accept it.

Great episode, 2 thumbs up, and was a real kick in the balls to society as a last episode, funny, crued, and offensive, just the way we love South Park.
Saul_Cake

Postby Saul_Cake » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:24 am

Oh and by the way, here is a quick list I wrote that shows what M&T take stabs at...

Reminder - If you laugh at one of these, you must laugh at them all, you can't take one thing with humour and then get offended by the other, it makes you a hypocrite.

1 - Gays
2 - Jesus Vs Satan
3 - 3rd world Country
4 - Plastic Surgery
5 - Barba Streisand
6 - Beastiality
7 - Conjoined spastics
8 - The Forests
9 - Pokemon
10 - Sexual Harrasment / Sueing
11 - Hate Crimes
12 - Retards
13 - Nambla
14 - Racism
15 - Fat Camps
16 - Molestation
17 - Sexual Education
18 - Dope
19 - Airlines
20 - Niggas
21 - Bin Laden
22 - Freaks
23 - Aids
24 - Veal
25 - Simpsons
26 - Pubity
27 - Sadam
28 - John Edward
29 - Drugs / tobacco companies
30 - Santa / Religion / Iraq
31 - Jennifer Lopez
32 - Indians
33 - Metrosexuals
34 - Christians
35 - Old people
36 - Mormons
37 - Smoking / Rob Reiner
38 - Cananda
39 - Steroids
40 - Jews
41 - Black Dancers / Rap Dancers
42 - Immagrants
43 - Michael Jackson
44 - Elections / Presidents
45 - Parris Hilton
46 - Pyscics
47 - Sex Changes
48 - Hippies
49 - Wing
50 - Global Warming
51 - Gay marriage
52 - Red Heads
53 - Scientology
54 - Alcoholics
55 - Smug people
56 - Sensership
57 - Oprah
58 - Warcraft
59 - 9 / 11 attacks
60 - Teacher / student relations
61 - Athiests
62 - Super Adventure Club
63 - Jackass / Tom Green

If anyone would like to add to the list, go ahead, but of course, that's not the point.
btw - Notice how I didn't write Cancer in there, because they havn't made an episode that directly teases Cancer yet = )
AREK

Postby AREK » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:08 am

After South Park's track record, I don't get how anybody can get upset over this as being immoral.

Look at what has happened to Butters and his family. Remember Scott Tenorman? Remember Kenny's dad being raped by an entire chapter of NAMBLA? Out of all the possible episodes to get upset about, were you honestly willing to laugh at all of those, but suddenly think this one's immoral?

At the same time--

I honestly don't get how in the name of god anybody thought it was funny. The show can definitely be written so that this sort of thing is funny--they've done it before--but this one wasn't.

I've been watching South Park since the first episode, the first time it aired. A few months back, I even broke down and watched the entire Terrence & Philip episode. I even liked the Pip episode (I hated Great Expectations; if you remember reading that book it's a lot funnier). I was really disappointed by this one. The tenth season had a few episodes that were absolutely outstanding. On average it was great. But I'm honestly willing to argue this was the worst episode of the entire series (I'm including Terrence & Philip in that). This has nothing to do with morality or ethics, but d****t, it just wasn't funny.

There's not a chance in hell I'm boycotting it. I love the show. I'm going to continue to watch. But please do better than that one (hell, I would have honestly been happier if it had just been a repeat/vs. something that wasn't ready yet). There's another very popular cartoon show that I used to watch that went down this path after the 10th/11th season. Please don't follow it.
thebuck

Postby thebuck » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:59 am

i just got one question and thats what is the name or the bands name of the song that was sung during the game on this episode the song lyrics are something like wooooooohooooo over and over again any help would be appreciated thanks
the buck.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:06 am

AREK wrote:There's another very popular cartoon show that I used to watch that went down this path after the 10th/11th season.

Simpsons? God damn, people bitching about the new episodes in that show are way worse than the ones here.

Thebuck, the song is called Song 2. It's by Blur.
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:55 pm

Okay, last post here I swear. (Like I thought I did a few pages ago) I just don't think hypocracy applies to a sense of humor. Everyone's is different. There are a lot of people here saying that the episode wasn't funny just because it wasn't funny. Does that mean they are being hypocritical? Nope. Not in my book. I just think that some people here are using that word and bending it to thier advantage.
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:20 pm

No, there are a lot of people saying that they did not like the episode because it was offensive or, in the case of this thread, morally wrong. Those are the people that are being hypocritical, the ones that complain because of the way a topic was used.

As I said before, if you did not like the episode that is just fine. Not every episode is going to appeal to every person, that is just a fact. The difference is in the people who just did not find it funny and those that find the humor objectionable. South Park has always been offensive, whether it offended you personally or not.

I did not like Erection Day, but it was not because I was offended. The idea itself was not too appealing to me, plus I do not like Jimmy.
RAppel

Postby RAppel » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:02 pm

Stanley Cup is moraly and ethically wrong

...but fun!
DVDA - Now You're A Man
http://www.tinyurl.dk/9507
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:00 pm

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:
Killahertz9 wrote:I love all the so called "Fans" of the show who register, just so they can sh*t all over an episode that they don't like or agree with. It happens every episode and I shouldn't be amazed but man, sometimes this just has to be posted. I mean, it's really bad etiquette to come here and sh*t out a post when it's amazingly transparent that you just don't get it or M&T. I know, some of you are saying they are entitled to their opinion and to an extent I agree with you.

Stop the hate and try and laugh more often, especially at the haters.

Dude- don't brown nose M&T. Don't brown nose anyone, it's just sad. If they suck they suck and that's it. I ain't gonna bullsh*t sorry.

First of all honey, nobody on this end has sh*t on their nose so settle down. Second, I have no clue as to what you mean with the rest of your post other than you didn't care for the episode (i'm guessing). That post wasn't directed towards anybody who didn't like the episode, only to those that feel the need to voice themselves on their first post, claiming to be a fan from day one. This is an old observation that i've echoed for YEARS.

----------------------------------------------------------------
A lot of these people who claim to be fans of the show, only to turn their back on South Park because one particular episode pisses them off are complete hypocrites. It's as the old saying goes, "It's always funny, unless it happens to you". So I guess killing a couple of people and tricking their son into eating them was o.k. but to touch on cancer is sacred grounds because such-n-such know's somebody with cancer or works in a hospital. Give me a f*cking break. There's several other episodes that should piss off a "clamed fan" if they're gonna get on their soap box and shout about morality.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:18 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:Okay, last post here I swear. (Like I thought I did a few pages ago) I just don't think hypocracy applies to a sense of humor. Everyone's is different. There are a lot of people here saying that the episode wasn't funny just because it wasn't funny. Does that mean they are being hypocritical? Nope. Not in my book. I just think that some people here are using that word and bending it to thier advantage.

Yeah, why the f*ck should hipocracy apply to sense of humor? Because Trey and Matt said so?

My opinion of the episode was it wasn't funny. They already made fun of stupid sports movies cliches with Baseketball back in 1998. I wasn't offended, except for the fact that it seemed like a really half assed effort and I know the writers of the show can do better. However, I can understand the point of view of the people who disliked the episode because of their experiences with cancer..If I lost someone I loved under that circumstance, I probably wouldn't be able to laugh at cancer in any way shape or form, and I would be disappointed in Trey and Matt for making that episode. They aren't going to change how they feel, and they are not wrong for feeling the way they do, nor are they hipocrits for saying what they think, just like everyone who comes here saying that everything on South Park is awesome does every day.
gregh2k5

Postby gregh2k5 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:00 pm

I don't know what everyone's problem is. Everyone here needs to chill the f*ck out.

1. I thought the ending was hillarious. Showing the exact opposite of what you expect from a story line we've seen 1000 times in b-rated movies is indeed funny.

2. It was not offensive. Of all the episodes SP has done, and of all the times kenny has died in grotesque ways you found this one offensive? For the love of God, Scott tennorman ATE HIS f*cking PARENTS!! And you picked this episode to get offended by?

I'm very suprised and a bit appalled by these responses by "south park fans" in this thread.
I don't have to conform to everyone else and make a signature!!! oh... sh*t!
txguy10547

You guys are all stupid

Postby txguy10547 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:33 pm

You guys are..... stupid. All of you. Why would you pussies be upset about the little boy dying? He wasn't even a real boy. He's a fictional character!! God, you guys. It's a show. It's not real. And to the guy whose mom has cancer.... you're a pussy, too. Some things are funny, whether it has to do with you or not. So get over yourself. This is what's great about the show: either everything is okay or nothing is okay. If you refuse to stop being such a pussy, at least give yourself a springfresh douche so you're not such a smelly pussy.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”